A new stage for TNT

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Hello everyone, today I am pleased to announce the 'big news' that TNT has. In the past few months, you may have all noticed the diminishing player count on TNT but also on classic as a whole. We've attempted many things to boost our player count, but they have not proved fruitful. At the end of the day, it is nearly impossible to attract new players to come to classic servers due to the niche that the servers now provide. Minecraft as a whole has moved on since classic was popular, and nobody actively seeks out classic servers any more. This has caused us to get to what we feel is an irreversible stage for TNT where our player count is never going to get back to what it was. Unfortunately that means that it is unsustainable in its current form. There aren't enough players to justify the costs of running it, so we had to do something.

I give you: Premium TNT.

A re-envisioning of the concept on Minecraft Premium. Destroyerx1 and WinX64 have been working on creating a server that takes the idea of Classic TNT and builds on it, utilising all of the updates that Minecraft has had since classic. We're not quite ready to release it to the public, but private testing is occurring as we speak and we should be ready for a public release soon! The testing is currently being done by current TNT staff, who have been a great help through both classic and premium.

This does mean, however, that Classic TNT is going to close. Upon Premium opening, we will be running Classic for the last time. It's been a fantastic run of over two and a half years for the server, and I am very pleased to have worked with it all this time, watching it grow and develop into a polished server. But all good things must come to an end.

This brings me on to my next announcement: a re-shift in the staff ranks on TNT. Effective as of the release of Premium, both Alkatraz and I will be stepping down from our staff ranks. We've had a good, long time as staff in Blocktopia, but we both think it is time to end our staffing career for now. We aim to hang around the community, however.

All is not lost though! A new Director should be decided on shortly, and will be decided by the time the server goes public. To everyone who has played, staffed or enjoyed TNT both formerly and currently, I say thank you. You made the server what it was, and I hope it will continue long into the future in its new form.

KingSam over and out.

le_badcop

Reaction score
I think it was common knowledge among many that this was going to happen, and has been for a while. But still exciting news, nonetheless.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
That will be up to the new Director, however since most staff have been helping test it, I would assume they'd be offered it, should they want it.
Okay, So I'll just replace (depending on new Director) Classic TNT with Premium one in my staff roster, when it gets released.
Since Marn said that you true Elysium controller, you will stay here? Or resign from here too?
Oh and Lobby will have to be remodeled too ;)

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Okay, So I'll just replace (depending on new Director) Classic TNT with Premium one in my staff roster, when it gets released.
Since Marn said that you true Elysium controller, you will stay here? Or resign from here too?
Oh and Lobby will have to be remodeled too ;)
I've not been a "true" Elysium controller for a while now, I asked Marn to put me back as regular Controller on account of being Director elsewhere in the community after I stopped being active on there.

As for replacing Classic with Premium on the roster, you'll have to wait for the official announcement from the Director/Admins regarding staff once they've been appointed.

Yes, lobby will most likely have to be remodelled.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
OKAY, GUYS, someone PM'd me with premium TNT lobby screenie:
In all seriousness:
Can't wait for Premium TNT. I wonder for how long it was already under development.
So we have:
Premium Zombie on February 2012
Premium Lava on September 2012
Premium TNT on April 2013.
All our servers got Premium variant.

How Premium TNT will be called BTW?

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I just said this on JtE yesterday about premium TNT, no idea that my instinct was right. Wow, I scare myself sometimes. I must have the 6th sense or something.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Probably PTNT until someone comes up with a better name that is approved by the Admins/New Director.
Army of Destruction?
Legends of Leag - I meant TNT.
DestructionBox
Rituals of TNT
Adventure to Solitude
Darn I'm not creative enough :p
EDIT Prizyms ninja'd me to this.

I wonder how gameplay will be looking. What weapons will be there? I think swords, bows and throwable stuff like snowballs or splash potions can be programmed to be various kind of weapons like pistols, lasers or something.

Will this be replacing any servers, or are we having 5 servers at lobby?

(I hope this isnt an april fool joke...)
It will be fifth Premium server ;) - there is no reason for premium server getting closed.

Reactions: Pikmon2

wasup58

Reaction score
April Fools?
If not then this is going to be really sad. :( Because I don't have premium at all.
I also wanted to know if our points, upgrades, and weapons will be transferred.