A forum contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
LetterP, great rule that will surely be added. Depending on what rule is broken, the team will be disqualified. James, If it was a randomization thing, It would kind of ruin a great deal of the fun. It would be much more enjoyable if teams were chosen by the players, this should be a poll question.. For the maps, if there is a secret and the team knows it, I cant see why thats an issue? There are not many secret on maps anyway.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Ok great. Well there are a few more issues to deal with, but hopefully a contest will happen soon once everything is planned and sorted out ;)

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Hmm, perhaps what harmakpaul said. Teams are allowed to be chosen but if they are too unfair they may be changed slightly.
No way that's total crap. It's a competition and sometimes a person is going to have some sort of social experience or physical advantage over other people. In real life situations because someone is more skilled than their opponents they are not handicapped for that strength.

I understand the want for keeping teams "fair" but honestly you're just giving hand outs to what people would judge "unexperienced." Also then: Who is to judge if the teams are unfair?

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
IntensiK said we can do this, which means, you guys can start organizing your teams, what I will want is all your timezones and when you mostly have free time to play.

ALSO WHEN SUBMITTING TELL ME
-Team name. [Must be appropriate]
-Your 5 players.
-Team Leader

PM ME TEAM NAMES AND THE PLAYERS IN YOUR TEAM ASAP!

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Actually, I would rather sort out more of the details before making teams.

Edit: can you guys give your opinions on these things please?

The competition will be human vs human
If a player on one team starts as zombie, sorry nothing we can do about it.
Mike, to see the table you made you have to register on the website, I doubt every person playing will want to do that, which is a slight problem.
If the server crashes the contest between 2 teams will just need to start again.
Any maps in the rotation can be used.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Actually, I would rather sort out more of the details before making teams.

Edit: can you guys give your opinions on these things please?

The competition will be human vs human
If a player on one team starts as zombie, sorry nothing we can do about it.
Mike, to see the table you made you have to register on the website, I doubt every person playing will want to do that, which is a slight problem.
If the server crashes the contest between 2 teams will just need to start again.
Any maps in the rotation can be used.
For this I would like this: That a team member on the other side would be removed also. The quickest solution for this I can come up with is this: Go through the Alphabet and the first person who has the next corresponding letter would have their time removed.
Example: For sakes I'm making up quick names.

Team 1:
- Gelu77
- TristanForTwo
- jumpingPumpkins

Team 2:
- Trap Wolf
- Kristen001
- Herring

Say Kristen001 started the hunt. Then on Team 1 we would go through the Alphabet and it would mean Gelu77's point/time would be removed.
So you're completely sure that you'll be able to have both teams on the same time?

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
That may be a good idea actually, it would be fairer.

No I am not, but we may be able to work it out so that if enough of two teams are on at the same time, they can simply challenge each other.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
I am happy enough if people start sorting out teams. Over the next few days everyone can send me your teams and team names. I will make a thread in (discussion) which will be the official thread keeping track of teams/points etc. Since mikes bracket requires registering etc I could make one easily enough. It could be a tournament where 2 teams play and we take an average of there survival time and then the team with the lowest average goes through to the next round. So yes everyone sort out teams and send to me now. Over the next few days we canfinalise all the rules here.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
James, my bracket doesnt require registering, ALSO do not post in discussion quite yet, Ill try to get it in the Zombie Announcement thread instead of discussion.. Anyhow, James will you be playing?

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Ok mike. It may just be coming up like that for me because I am on my iPod. Yes I am not plaing to make the thread yet. I will probably need to speak to intensik about it anyway. I will probably need your help with the contest, but I am happy to make the thread because I will have plenty of time to update it. Ah the joys of being addicted to minecraft :)

Status
Not open for further replies.