A forum contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worstever

Reaction score
No way that's total crap. It's a competition and sometimes a person is going to have some sort of social experience or physical advantage over other people. In real life situations because someone is more skilled than their opponents they are not handicapped for that strength.

I understand the want for keeping teams "fair" but honestly you're just giving hand outs to what people would judge "unexperienced." Also then: Who is to judge if the teams are unfair?
So I'm a little late on this, but Trap's complaint, (this would be much more work, but could be fairer?) why don't you make brackets for experience, so maybe teams of under 50 hours gametime, and then teams with over 50 hours? Not exactly exact, but could keep teams naybe a lil fairer? Oh and count me in :)

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
why don't you make brackets for experience, so maybe teams of under 50 hours gametime, and then teams with over 50 hours?
Not sure if it is too late to add suggestions, but that would be alot better for the newer players! :) They will probably have more fun if they are not getting decimated every round by the oldies (experienced players who have been here a while). If this idea of having two different 'classes' works out, then the winning teams from each class could go head to head against each other in a Young Un's vs. Old hags :giggle: Count me in as well ;)

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
I am happy enough to put in the work to sort it out like that ;)

Any teams with say under 50 hours (from every player?) will be in a different tournament from all us old ones.
Then yes the two teams will play against each other in the final.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
So I'm a little late on this, but Trap's complaint, (this would be much more work, but could be fairer?) why don't you make brackets for experience, so maybe teams of under 50 hours gametime, and then teams with over 50 hours?
Most people that want to join the contest and are active on the forums have far over 100 hours of gameplay, there might only be a few that want to join that actually have less than 50-100 hours.

Also, by a tournament the best team/player should win, therefore teams shouldn't really be fair. The competition of course has to be fair, everyone has to be given a fair chance, but you can't balance teams in a tournament.

I don't think I will participate, but I'll think about it when all decision are finals and it's clear how it's exactly gonna be done.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I think we should do a new thread, after each Team has made up their decisions, got their members and their info all ready. Then the Team Captains could for example PM James about their team, and after he has all, we could make a new thread about it, putting in all the teams, and then updating their scores after each game. I personally am in making my own team, trying to get it all into a piece. Great Idea once again, it really is.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Hehe emo. How did you miss it indeed.

I would want you on the same team as me but I will probably just do the work running it considering I don't really have the skill to get on a team.

So I will be the cool dude who keeps track of everything I think :p

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
There will be a double elimination bracket, so it will probably be random who you play, but I suppose if teams wanted they could put in a request to play a certain team before it started.

Status
Not open for further replies.