Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
how many times can you shoot your gun?
Once, so none now.
Eh I'm still not sure if he'd be willing to draw attention to himself just to possibly kill somebody who was applying pressure
In hindsight I do see why my shot was susp, and this is the probably what I think is the best reason Im not scum: As mafia (or some other scum) I wouldn't be nearly as cavalier with a gun if I had one, even with the "I won't take this game seriously" thing.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Once, so none now.

In hindsight I do see why my shot was susp, and this is the probably what I think is the best reason Im not scum: As mafia (or some other scum) I wouldn't be nearly as cavalier with a gun if I had one, even with the "I won't take this game seriously" thing.
unless you thought you'd die otherwise you mean?

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also. I find Ltin's behaviour somewhat odd, however I think they are town because of they proved to have gun. Same applies to Inffy - I'm inclined to believe anyone who has a gun at this moment (and has fired it at least), yes, contradicting what I said earlier about there being a possibility of a mafia gunner, but I think we should at least focus on the non-gunnerds as of now.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Where have you claimed?

What specifically is off about Inffy other than the fact that he's sussing you?
One of my first posts.

It’s just my vibe + inffy surviving that bullett. Wouldn’t be suprised if he had a role similar to werekitten on werewolf. Also Infected suspecting me isn’t part of the reason why I find them off. He usually do.

unvote

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Also. I find Ltin's behaviour somewhat odd, however I think they are town because of they proved to have gun. Same applies to Inffy - I'm inclined to believe anyone who has a gun at this moment (and has fired it at least), yes, contradicting what I said earlier about there being a possibility of a mafia gunner, but I think we should at least focus on the non-gunnerds as of now.
If all gunners were town that would make this game very easy, since almost all town (assuming most people are gunnrs) would be able to prove themselves + we get a lot of extra kills.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If all gunners were town that would make this game very easy, since almost all town (assuming most people are gunnrs) would be able to prove themselves + we get a lot of extra kills.
to be fair in order to make the game not too easy alisha doesn't have to actually make a gunner mafia, she just needs to keep the possibility of a gunner being mafia open to us (which is done by it being a closed setup)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
One of my first posts.

It’s just my vibe + inffy surviving that bullett. Wouldn’t be suprised if he had a role similar to werekitten on werewolf. Also Infected suspecting me isn’t part of the reason why I find them off. He usually do.

unvote
also if you think there are maf gunners, why does me being immune to a bullet make me scum?

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
to be fair in order to make the game not too easy alisha doesn't have to actually make a gunner mafia, she just needs to keep the possibility of a gunner being mafia open to us (which is done by it being a closed setup)
That is if we choose to kill the gunners first, which imo we shouldn't

also if you think there are maf gunners, why does me being immune to a bullet make me scum?
To balance the game + make the gunner role somewhat relevant to the setup.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That is if we choose to kill the gunners first, which imo we shouldn't
True I guess, depends whether Alisha thought we'd decide to do that or not

Speaking of which I do see the merit in leaving confirmed gunners til later on since I think only 1 maf prob has a gun and so its unlikely that any given person with a gun is mafia

I just still don't see how ltin's choice can be justified with him being a townie so to my mind there's no point letting him live just because statistically it's unlikely he's scum because my reasoning tells me he is anyway

I guess if another lead comes up sure I'll switch but so far my only other suspects are UNU (but it's only slight so I don't feel I can lynch him over Ltin) and hk (the thing I mentioned earlier that's slightly concerning but not sure pushing there is the right thing to do just yet)

What do you mean, why can't there be both a maf ad town bulletproof for example

Idk why a mafia bulletproof makes the gun more relevant to the setup, what do you mean?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Where have you claimed?
He claimed gunner in like his first post. I missed it the first time, too.
It’s just my vibe + inffy surviving that bullet. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had a role similar to werekitten on werewolf. Also Infected suspecting me isn’t part of the reason why I find them off.
I've only played werewolf like once, but if I recall, werekitten is a role that doesn't start as mafia, but becomes mafia after dying? I think the idea of a similar role existing in this game is interesting, but unlikely given how much that would throw off the balance of the setup.
That aside, it seems to me that you're saying "I suspect inf of being mafia because he didn't die when he got shot." Is this correct?
First off, he counterbalance to the presence of a bunch of guns is the misfire mechanic. And it's a much more effective and elegant solution than "mafia can take a bullet."
Secondly, do you actually think that gunners wouldn't be relevant to the setup without a bulletproof role? Don't get me wrong, I think there's probably a role that can distribute vests or something. But to call a role that makes up probably at least half of all players irrelevant to the setup? I can't decide if there're some suspicious thoughts going on in your head to make you think that, or you're just misguided. For the time being, I'm going to assume it's the latter until I can think of a reason to think that gunners are irrelevant.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Interesting thought:

A mafia role that can select a player, and if that player shoots a gun the next day, the odds that the gun will blow up is increased.

This whole game is centered around its gimmick, guns. Id find it more likely that mafia have roles that can manipulate guns, rather than simply them having a gun straight up.

Lmk your thoughts. Also when is deadline? Right now there is some votes on ltin and some votes on me. Id rather have another option, just dont know who just yet.

Maybe massclaim isnt the worst idea. The only issue with massclaim is, mafia can just claim gunner, and every pr (so not gunner) will reveal themself. So we should work out a plan how to use the guns to find the fake gunner claims one a massclaim happens. I nominate inf and moog to work something out.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
One of my first posts.

unvote
Dont find such a role likely at all. My guess, inf is just a lucky duck.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Interesting thought:

A mafia role that can select a player, and if that player shoots a gun the next day, the odds that the gun will blow up is increased.

This whole game is centered around its gimmick, guns. Id find it more likely that mafia have roles that can manipulate guns, rather than simply them having a gun straight up.
That thought is indeed interesting and I do see a potential place in the setup for a role like that.
Based on your most recent post, I'm guessing you don't think such a role played a part in the ltin/inf shenanigans?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
That thought is indeed interesting and I do see a potential place in the setup for a role like that.
Based on your most recent post, I'm guessing you don't think such a role played a part in the ltin/inf shenanigans?
mhm, i would find it more likely a mafia role would result in more deaths, not in gunners being saved (since i lowkey feel like gunners are 'confirmed townie' once they shot, even though that is very naive). Ofcourse, now that i think about it, there could be town roles that affect guns in some way.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
What do you mean, why can't there be both a maf ad town bulletproof for example

Idk why a mafia bulletproof makes the gun more relevant to the setup, what do you mean?
Idk what you mean. There can be both maf and town bulletproof. What I mean is with using gunner role as default townie, it is reasonable to believe it in some way that will have an impact on other roles in the setup.

I've only played werewolf like once, but if I recall, werekitten is a role that doesn't start as mafia, but becomes mafia after dying? I think the idea of a similar role existing in this game is interesting, but unlikely given how much that would throw off the balance of the setup.
I don't remember exactly how werekitten worked, but I know they never could never be hit by a bullet which was what I was aiming for.

That aside, it seems to me that you're saying "I suspect inf of being mafia because he didn't die when he got shot." Is this correct?
To put pespective into how unlikely it was for Ltin to miss. The likelyhood of Ltin missing on the first shot was equivalent of shooting (with same hit chance all times) Infected 10 consecutive times killing him in all of them.

Secondly, do you actually think that gunners wouldn't be relevant to the setup without a bulletproof role? Don't get me wrong, I think there's probably a role that can distribute vests or something.
There could be other roles than the werekitten sort ofc.

But to call a role that makes up probably at least half of all players irrelevant to the setup? I can't decide if there're some suspicious thoughts going on in your head to make you think that, or you're just misguided. For the time being, I'm going to assume it's the latter until I can think of a reason to think that gunners are irrelevant.
Lets say all town roles were cop. You're saying no mafia can be godfather because that would all town roles "irrelevant"

.. and here you're the one saying im misguided/having suspicious thoughts.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Idk what you mean. There can be both maf and town bulletproof. What I mean is with using gunner role as default townie, it is reasonable to believe it in some way that will have an impact on other roles in the setup.
didn't you say that, if a) there are mafia gunners, and b) there's a role that can survive a bullet, then that role should be scum to balance the setup? why does that keep the setup balanced instead of having, for example, both town and mafia bulletproof roles, or just town bulletproof roles?
I don't remember exactly how werekitten worked, but I know they never could never be hit by a bullet which was what I was aiming for.
werekitten starts off as maf and they can never be shot by a gun

To put pespective into how unlikely it was for Ltin to miss. The likelyhood of Ltin missing on the first shot was equivalent of shooting (with same hit chance all times) Infected 10 consecutive times killing him in all of them.
i mean i know this is what a werekitten would say but shooting someone sucessfully 10 times with an 80-whatever% chance doesn't seem that unlikely to me!

Lets say all town roles were cop. You're saying no mafia can be godfather because that would all town roles "irrelevant"

.. and here you're the one saying im misguided/having suspicious thoughts.
he's not saying gunners would be irrelevant if there's a bp vest role, he's asking why you think gunners aren't relevant (or are less relevant) without a bp vest role, and I agree, I don't understand what you mean

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3