Русская мафия! [Complete]

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
and jkang why the hell would you intentionally be dropping hints about your role if you were townsided

those things are always unintentional when done by townies. you don't go back and search for your own frigging clues.
only scum take the time to work in purposeful "slips" revealing their fakeclaimed role.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
what happened to my plan being literally flawless*
also jkang 1. that isn't actually a hint that was what you'd "claimed" earlier 2. myu, don't doc tim if the 77 lynch goes through even though it shouldn't as cat and 77 should vote for jkang + tim has never been proven town but there's not really anything saying he's maf either

also, guys, especially tim: 77 hasn't posted in literally a week. he's likely going to get modkilled if this keeps up, so why not lynch jkang, which is literally a flawless plan, and have 77 get himself booted if this keeps up**

2 scum for the price of one
*Like I said, I would rather vote for the player I feel is scummiest than the player that could be a liability.
**I really don't like using modkills/other such game mechanics for motivation of a lynch. It's just....It feels abusive. Like abusing something that isn't supposed to be there. It's like finding a bug in a video game and abusing it.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
*Like I said, I would rather vote for the player I feel is scummiest than the player that could be a liability.
**I really don't like using modkills/other such game mechanics for motivation of a lynch. It's just....It feels abusive. Like abusing something that isn't supposed to be there. It's like finding a bug in a video game and abusing it.
what happened to saving the town from one less kill

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
also jkang 1. that isn't actually a hint that was what you'd "claimed"
----
also, guys, especially tim: 77 hasn't posted in literally a week. he's likely going to get modkilled if this keeps up, so why not lynch jkang, which is literally a flawless plan, and have 77 get himself booted if this keeps up
I'm still going through some stuff and eating dinner.
..But... what? I still don't understand what you're saying. Can you be more descriptive/point out what you're talking about please, it's something I've asked since the start of the day.

...And having 77 get modkilled to push an agenda feels not very much in the spirit of the game. :/
We don't even know if Priz/Ender will even do that or if 77 will come back or respond. It's too meta-gamey and should be something up to the mods to decide, not something we the players should be trying to play around to further whatever ends we might have.
Admittedly, lynching him/anyone off without defense is also quite sucky, but deadlines, which I still think should be a bit further in advance of telling us.
-Last minute before I posted this edit- Tim already beat me to that point.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
jkang is literally 100% confirmed poisoner and even his original role comes across more as a spy-type than anything townsided

passing on messages about vissarion and potatoes seems like something which would fir mkzrchonadri's flavor with them being a revolutionary potato-based coup de grace and all

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
what happened to saving the town from one less kill
Yes, but with two mafia groups, it's doubtful that either of them have more than four members max. If we assume he's part of the "main" mafia, that ensures that, with two already dead, his death will probably be the end of that group, saving someone's life,
Again, not necessarily, in fact all it does is make the town weaker, and more susceptible to getting overwhelmed by other factions, since we don't know how many are left, and how much damage they can do.

• Confusing
Reactions: Hunter

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh i wish cat was here

this town is falling apart

and @tim you can always lynch 77 tomorrow? it's literally impossible for us to be at lylo/mylo and lynching jkang vs 77 is all about priorities

i'm not defending 77 at all, just concerned about priorities

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What I'm thinking is that we lynch 77, then I can investigate JK tonight (since there's no possibilities of bussing....And I don't think there's a lawyer/framer because game balance reasons with my naivety + ooglie's role), on top of that, we can find out if someone gets poisoned (if he's town). If someone does get poisoned, or JK is confirmed by cat or erik to visit someone that did not get poisoned and someone else was).

JKangaroo

Reaction score
jkang is literally 100% confirmed poisoner and even his original role comes across more as a spy-type than anything townsided

passing on messages about vissarion and potatoes seems like something which would fir mkzrchonadri's flavor with them being a revolutionary potato-based coup de grace and all
But I'm not 100% confirmed because I don't even know anything about it! I only learned about you supposedly being poisoned today because you're the one who told us.
And... isn't so much of this game's plot and roles potato-based? We have the templars dying of potato famine, we have a potato with 4 people somehow involved with potatoes (Sam and 77 makes sense, I don't think we ever learned what cat and Mast has to do with potatoes >.<). It seems like a sort of common theme along with the sort of surveillance/police stuff, like Duffie and Caff's roles (Curfew/Contraband).
and jkang why the hell would you intentionally be dropping hints about your role if you were townsided

those things are always unintentional when done by townies. you don't go back and search for your own frigging clues.
only scum take the time to work in purposeful "slips" revealing their fakeclaimed role.
1)Not... true? At all? Hints/slips aren't necessarily unintentional. People have done it before, and hinting at something that someone can pick up, if they are friendly to the person who "slips," can be beneficial. What I'm saying is people have essentially soft-claimed in the past. One of things I've always seen people try to do in basic set-ups, is a cop appear not to be a cop, but is a cop, and try and leave hints for a doc to know to protect them.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
literally what we need to do is lynch the kangaroo
we do the already discussed plan that i refuse to retype

you investigate one of caff/master

out report, lynch 77

same plan occurs, out report next day if alive

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
But I'm not 100% confirmed because I don't even know anything about it! I only learned about you supposedly being poisoned today because you're the one who told us.
yes you are
i, hunter, the frigging confirmed templar, have been poisoned by a bad tater
cat, our resident watcher, saw that you were the ONLY ONE TO VISIT ME
ERIK, THE OTHER WATCHER, WATCHED CAT. NO ONE VISITED HER, WHICH MEANS NO INTERFERENCE
Q E D YOU ARE THE POISONER

Reactions: myusername22

JKangaroo

Reaction score
literally what we need to do is lynch the kangaroo
we do the already discussed plan that i refuse to retype

you investigate one of caff/master

out report, lynch 77

same plan occurs, out report next day if alive
But that wasn't really discussed, it was more like you imposed it on everyone and nothing was really discussed...
I know I still would like some of my questions answered, but those weren't really discussed either...

If I live, and tim doesnt believe me, he can gladly investigate me. Though I feel, and agree, that caff/master is also a good choice. Or myuser, since from what we can guess at what happened to tim, he was possibly naive'd, and so his prior investigations may not be what they were originally, like we saw with Aqua.

..Im never going to get my other post out at this rate.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The potato poisoner has already died, on night 2. That was coincidentally (or not so coincidentally) the night Telegrams stopped coming and JK reports having to steal food. We can't know for sure, but it's possible that Watermelon (who received JK's night action N3 but died) got poisoned. This isn't immediately relevant and has been said, but I'm working through things in my head.

Hunter, what if instead of that....We lynch 77, send JK after Mastersten and I investigate Caff. Then we lynch Aqua, and if mastersten gets poisoned and is mafia, then he dies and we get confirmation that JK poisons. And don't go yelling "BUT WE ALREADY HAVE THAT CONFIRMATION" like I know you're going to because one night of observation does not make something indisputable fact. Two nights, however, is something that I'm willing to work with.

• Disagree
Reactions: myusername22

JKangaroo

Reaction score
I'll just make my post I was trying to type and do it quick and dirty because I don't care anymore.
I would like to know what you're getting at if you'd share though.
I've never claimed to be town this entire game (besides claiming to be apart of the town when I first claimed, but then again, we all are essentially members of this small, Russian town), but I've constantly used 2 terms to essentially distinguish who I am: I'm not anti/against the town, (which is true, as it states in my role, and I've tried my best to work with the town this entire game) and I'm trying to survive... this latter phrase something I've used constantly and should be an obvious tip-off.
I'll repeat my role and name:

I am Leontiy Babatyev, and I'm the town's Telegram Operator(or was). My alignment is 3rd-party. My win condition is survive until the end of the game. My role is basically fancy survivor. In fact, my entire role and everything I've done up until now has been me trying to build a stupid defensive wall so I could survive and not get killed off, and up until now I've tried to pretend to be town, because being town is more likely to be safe because of the stupid "let's lynch all 3rd parties guys! hoi di hoi!" argument that's always thrown around (it was even there to a degree in TBD when nearly EVERYONE was 3rd party), but I guess none of that's worked, obviously with this dumb poisoning.

1) I lied. Yes, I lied. Obviously. It's obvious that there's no other person giving out telegrams. My entire plan was to make people believe there was a cult by giving out telegrams to people asking for help over time, and try to pass off as a cultist traitor. (and before you ask, no, the message Aqua got wasn't "Vissarion lives" it was Vissarion lies" - Priz messed that up, that and I forgot to actually correct it in-game when I role-claimed afterwards)
But, I ended up running that into the ground myself by arguing the very next day that things involving real life people/things probably wasn't in this game, since I wanted to get Jolt lynched, and was caused by that whole poem-incident which involved a real person who happened to share Notty's name. At least, my argument at the time felt sound until that Mkhedrioni group showed up and turned out to be real.
2) Before you ask, Potatoes and Molasses was just something I sent out because I was watching the show at the time and thought it matched the game, I wanted to mess with Oogs, plus, I had no idea what I wanted to send, and I have to send out a telegram out each night, because of point #3 in the next line:

3) I know exactly why my role changed. It's because I revealed myself. My suggestion was what I got in my PM(summarized of course): I was cut from the job. I'll bring up a quote about something I said when I claimed:
It's my job. I need this job. It's all I have to put food on the table.
What happened N3 was true, and what happened for the last few days has been true. I am now on borrowed time. I've been telling the truth, and is obvious, that I've only targeted players who's had potato's in their backstory or their current role that we've learned during our time playing this game.
And before you ask, no, I didn't know I'd be cut from my job if I revealed my role, its a hidden aspect that I hadn't know about. But at the time I did claim, and I did so because I wanted to be honest, I kind of gave up on my role at that point, and I knew if I kept quiet the town would obviously not believe me when I started to get suspected because my role seems "so evil" even though I'm not. (again, I point to what happened to Digi in masquerade)

So for the past 2 nights I've gone out and stolen potatoes, because that's what I've been told to do as part of my new role abilities, or else I die from starvation. Because yay famine mechanics, it's so topical considering what happened during the backstory of this town.
I stole from 77 (or tried to, if the bus is true then I stole from Watermelon I guess), and then I tried to steal from Hunter.

And that's all I have to say. If I'm lynched, whatever. Go ahead and waste it.
plus if you stole my potatoes i wouldn't have any poisoned ones to eat so there's that
And that's why I'm so bloody confused! (and super interested in the end-game release of information from Priz).
Because I don't know what's going on and have no idea how to defend myself because I don't have any information either!

JKangaroo

Reaction score
The potato poisoner has already died, on night 2. That was coincidentally (or not so coincidentally) the night Telegrams stopped coming and JK reports having to steal food. We can't know for sure, but it's possible that Watermelon (who received JK's night action N3 but died) got poisoned. This isn't immediately relevant and has been said, but I'm working through things in my head.

Hunter, what if instead of that....We lynch 77, send JK after Mastersten and I investigate Caff. Then we lynch Aqua, and if mastersten gets poisoned and is mafia, then he dies and we get confirmation that JK poisons. And don't go yelling "BUT WE ALREADY HAVE THAT CONFIRMATION" like I know you're going to because one night of observation does not make something indisputable fact. Two nights, however, is something that I'm willing to work with.
Especially if I'm not the poisoner (and we don't even know if that's something left over from Sam dying actually), then if I visit Mast, and someone else gets poisoned (if someone watches me of course) then we know something fishy is going on.

77 can mess up so many abilities, especially town wise, if we let him live, so any plan the town comes up with is essentially null the more we talk about it, especially if he's scum and isn't lying about his bus ability.
There's also the fact that we don't know if 77 is telling the truth at all, especially with the contradictory win condition to his role claim. He hasn't been investigated besides Caff, and hasn't really been town friendly this entire game, even putting off his role claim.
We don't know if he's telling the truth, and so if I wasn't actually bussed, I could easily have accidentally stolen "poisoned potatoes" from him.

There are so many unknowns at the moment that we can only make the best guess, and lynching me, is a terrible guess.

JKangaroo

Reaction score
actually erik watched me night two and i had no visitors so that's wrong
I rated confused, but I just got what you were trying to say.

*shrug* It was mostly speculation, because I'm still confused, and don't know what's going on, because again, lots of unknowns in this game.