Mafia: Saints & Sinners - GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
do you get an ability added to you as in your account/role, or do you get an ability that activates and helps town and you don't have to actually activate it once you've accepted the deal?
A one shot ability.
As I said before, I believe that sinners are the equivalent of VTs. And being able to convert them in a 12 player game is ludicrous.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount 3: 7 Pages Already <3
Infected_Alien8_ - HKCaper, Vatumok [L-5]
HKCaper - Unusual_Dood [L-6]
Aqua - Fog, Alisha [L-5]
Everyone - Timdood3 [L-6]
Timdood3 - Aqua [L-6]

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch and 6 votes to no-lynch. If hammer is not reached by the deadline, nobody will be lynched.

In addition, here's a deadline for Day 0:

Click here for Day 0 Deadline

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i think it's a red herring
Yea I don't see that being the case, if the deal with the devil wasn't your choice then the vampire theory checks out.

I think the game would rely way too heavily on people being stupid, however, if the only way for the devil to convert them is for them to actively choose to do so.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Yea I don't see that being the case, if the deal with the devil wasn't your choice then the vampire theory checks out.

I think the game would rely way too heavily on people being stupid, however, if the only way for the devil to convert them is for them to actively choose to do so.
I think it could work honestly

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh vote alisha

i was gonna advocate for NL today after we'd got good discussion on who to lynch going, since 12 players means NLing gives us the same amount of mislynches as lynching except with more nights to use actions

but i've just realised alisha's reason for why she wanted sinners to out makes no sense at all so i think it was a lie and that she wants sinners out for another reason she's not sharing

she said she wanted sinners to out so that we could meta read who would be likely to make a deal with the devil and sell their soul so that we could keep an eye on people switching to mafia, yet she also said she thought sinners had to make a deal by declaring it in the thread during the day

so she thought sinners would publicly make it clear they made a deal, so her reason makes no sense, and i don't buy it

ofc there's a possibility her true reason was something townie but my gut says it's a scummy thing and publicly outing who sinners are seems more useful to the mafia than town given the flavour text

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score

I personally think there could be another way for the Devil to convert people but then conversion also seems a bit odd in terms of gameplay.

Like how would it work if say we have 5 town 5 mafia (just an example game, not the Setup we have rn) and 3 of the 5 town convert now we have 2 town 8 mafia and mafia auto win since there’s now an unbalanced game cause they just kill the last 2 players.

of course I could be skipping some gameplay mechanics here (I’m not exactly an expert at Mafia games and how they work) but it’s just how I see it

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
ofc there's a possibility her true reason was something townie but my gut says it's a scummy thing and publicly outing who sinners are seems more useful to the mafia than town given the flavour text
maybe The Devil specifically targets sinner roles? I’m not definitely saying Alisha is scum but it’s a possibility that The Devil seeks sinner roles because they’re easier to ‘convert’

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
maybe The Devil specifically targets sinner roles? I’m not definitely saying Alisha is scum but it’s a possibility that The Devil seeks sinner roles because they’re easier to ‘convert’
the flavour does say that the devil's goal is to take the sinner's souls, so yeah I think it's linked to that

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Like how would it work if say we have 5 town 5 mafia (just an example game, not the Setup we have rn) and 3 of the 5 town convert now we have 2 town 8 mafia and mafia auto win since there’s now an unbalanced game cause they just kill the last 2 players.
If conversion is a thing the game won't start with more than one mafia. Also if it is the case it will only happen to those with the sinner role, which will be a minority.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
like, if alisha's scum and lied, it means she either knew she was contradicting herself but risked it (which I find unlikely), or she made a mistake in thinking she wasn't making a contradiction

if she's town, then she also made a mistake in thinking she wasn't making a contradiction

so either way I think she made a mistake

but I think it's far more likely she made a mistake during the thought process of 'how can I justify my actions, let me think of something', vs 'is it a good idea to have sinners claim?' since the latter (which she'd go through as town) would imo be much more likely for her to realize it wouldn't make sense since she'd be examining it thoroughly since as a townie she'd care more about accidentally making a mistake for town, whereas I can easily see her just seeing the 'meta read people' justification idea with the former thought process, and jumping at it thinking 'yep that works' without considering it any more, as scum

so that's why I think it's scummy moreso than a townie mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.