[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah uh i didn't release there was a new thread i thought it would be linked in the dm or something
Rip, guess we're back to where we started.

well yeah unless i was lynched?
Oh I guess you're too late then

relevant: boo's profile says 'from STOP STALKING ME'
Boooo can you please tell us more about this wonderful land of STOP STALKING ME?

wait am i the only one that reads older mafia games and previous content just for fun
I do this too.

Hi afraid...
Hi dad!

all of your memories are lies
Is this Inception now?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
(1)incorrect modkills work in towns favour
(2)lynches should be reserved for actual scum reads
i guess it's different on day 0 but lynching inactives takes away from actually valuable lynches
(3)there's a chance okx is actually town and his activity will magically pick up so best to rather wait for the point where it's too bad that he has to be modkilled or he returns to the game and got a scum result over night because he's cop wow!!
(4)lynching him day 0 and him being modkilled doesn't skew the balance either way since the final result is the same either way anyway (assuming it's a no lynch today like it will be seeing as there's only 10 hours to deadline)
1) What is an "incorrect" modkill?
2) Policy lynches exist.
3) Your tone (particularly with the "wow!!" is incredibly patronizing. Like you're trying to get me to agree with you by making me feel bad. When the reality is his role and alignment have zero bearing on his activity.
4) This is the only part of your post that I'm willing to say "Ok, fine whatever" to.
also 'noone likes when modkills happen' disagree i think most people are happy when they happen
(I know this is from last game but it's not a meta read fight me.) Evidence that people don't like modkills even if it benefits them: Last game, mafia decided to kill an inactive instead of letting them get modkilled; had they let the modkill happen, mafia would have won the game then and there.
i refuse to believe anyone values lynching inactives over letting them be modkilled and wasting a lynch that can actually have value (on a day that isnt day 0 i guess)
deciding to lynch inactives (on days that arent day 0 i guess) is inherently scummy since (a) it wastes a shot at lynching mafia (unless the inactive is a mafia) (b) you cant necessarily read voters of an inactive lynch since theres not any argument that they made against the person to evaluate since the only argument is that theyre inactive whereas with an actual lynch you can read voters of it!

make one good argument against this i dare you!
From a balance perspective, there are a certain number of kills available in the game, spread between lynches, mafia kills and whoever else is able to kill. Modkills skew that. If townies get modkilled (which is statistically more likely than mafia), it's essentially free mafiakills, meaning town has less time. One could say that mislynches are the same way, and they wouldn't be entirely wrong, but the difference is lynches are included in the expected number of kills per game, where modkills are not. Having a modkill happen is a mislynch that nobody wanted.
in your situation if theres like 3 inactives and theyre all town we should lynch all 3 and then the game is at a point where mafia are already at 50% essentially with nightkills?
This is gross exaggeration. No one is saying we need to lynch inactives over suspicious people.
a minor balance shift
Refer to above where the outcome of last game would've been different if (more) modkills had happened.
So, Okx is here, now where is Dess?

He has college still, right?
Dess isn't even in the game!

• Perfect
Reactions: Duffie

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount
MAR - [1] - GOO
GOO - [1] - MAR
STR - [1] - INF
BOO - [2] - STR, NOT
INF - [1] - MOO
NL - [2] - DUF, HIP
With 14 players it takes 8 to lynch and 7 to no lynch.
The deadline is 23:59 GMT on November 6th. If nobody gets enough votes before the deadline day will default to no lynch.

_________GAP
| 1. ALI -
| 2. MOO 82
| 3. DUF 8
| 4. STR 17
| 5. NOT 10
| 6. INF 2
| 7. BOO 10
| 8. MAR 4
| 9. HIP 1
|10. HKC 25
|11. GOO 12
|12. TIM 1
|13. OKX 10
|14. SKO 1

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I do have a question for Infected_alien8_: Do you have any reason other than vibes(tm) for your strong townread on me? Surely to have a strong read there should be something concrete about it, right?
just strong townie vibes, altho you asking me about this feels a little bit suspicious, probs since youre only asking about yourself not alisha so it feels a bit like its not coming from genuinely wanting to know where my strong townreads are coming from but moreso feeling like you need to not accept a strong townread on *you* specifically if you don't want to look suspicious (thats the thought that came to my mind when i read it at least)

they literally ruined the vice game because i had no other choice
tbf the modkills saved the vice game

the game wouldve been bad if they stayed inactive but alive but your modkills kept it fun

i mean the vice game was fun anyway because my role was great

Phone's being a butt so I'm using post numbers instead of quoting

MarsKid regarding Duffie, I think the posts where I really started to town read her were as follows:
640, 644 was where her logic for no lynching d0 really clicked for me.
681, 693 and 699 all seem like very good questions to be asking of Boooo at that point - I'm not so much reading her as defending HK/Skele, to me it looks more like shes investigating Boooo.
693 and 699 arent even about boo at all though, why did you mention those

FINE i accept your modkills are cheaty argument grumble grumble
a replacement wont happen (unless people really want alisha to ask aqua)
i dont want night to last the full deadline
rush 9 hour left lynch anyone??!

unvote
vote okx
why are you suddenly changing your mind i dont get it, your points earlier surely still stand?

and no since we dont even know how long night deadline even is or whether okx even has a night action and idm waiting one night to see all that

It's a fair point but I stated before I unvoted that Alisha's reaction seemed townish so I wanted to investigate hk for a moment, still sus her just as much though
why do you still sus her just as much even tho she seemed townie
You act like you're confused and change your mind a lot, like you're doing now
tbf she acts like that as town sometimes too and when she was confused this game ive been able to understand why and it felt natural rather than forced on

wait am i the only one that reads older mafia games and previous content just for fun
where did this thought come from btw

i read that and im surprised he got away with it
i demoted him but then someone promoted him again

I didn't know the have was up, Timdood had to link it to me
why are you ignoring mars' question mister
yeah well you smelly funny
wow ive transcended and i can now read through text to the subtext notty was seeing

• Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
1) What is an "incorrect" modkill?
2) Policy lynches exist.
3) Your tone (particularly with the "wow!!" is incredibly patronizing. Like you're trying to get me to agree with you by making me feel bad. When the reality is his role and alignment have zero bearing on his activity.
4) This is the only part of your post that I'm willing to say "Ok, fine whatever" to.
1) imaginary comma inbetween incorrect and modkills
2) policy lynches are stupid (since you did a meta argument like right after i have always did this stance for the past 1000000 years of mafia old mafia people with a good memory can remember me saying this)
3) its not but ok
4) i win
(I know this is from last game but it's not a meta read fight me.) Evidence that people don't like modkills even if it benefits them: Last game, mafia decided to kill an inactive instead of letting them get modkilled; had they let the modkill happen, mafia would have won the game then and there.
sucks to be mafia!
+ i dont think they were expecting inf to die
From a balance perspective, there are a certain number of kills available in the game, spread between lynches, mafia kills and whoever else is able to kill. Modkills skew that. If townies get modkilled (which is statistically more likely than mafia), it's essentially free mafiakills, meaning town has less time. One could say that mislynches are the same way, and they wouldn't be entirely wrong, but the difference is lynches are included in the expected number of kills per game, where modkills are not. Having a modkill happen is a mislynch that nobody wanted.
better than wasting a lynch still!
This is gross exaggeration. No one is saying we need to lynch inactives over suspicious people.
i mean hip phrased it that way
Refer to above where the outcome of last game would've been different if (more) modkills had happened.
i mean (no offense!!!!!) the game wasnt balanced from the start (over 50% of people were non-town) so i slightly scrap this game from meaning anything since had there been town at the end then it would have been a town win regardless

also im disliking this post since you disliked one of mine and its my least favourite rating and im petty

• Agree
Reactions: Alisha

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
From the info you've gotten, what takes do you have? Meme votes/lynches died out a while ago. IMO treat this as you would D1 rn.
Skoomaeater help me out here

Phone's being a butt so I'm using post numbers instead of quoting

MarsKid regarding Duffie, I think the posts where I really started to town read her were as follows:
640, 644 was where her logic for no lynching d0 really clicked for me.
681, 693 and 699 all seem like very good questions to be asking of Boooo at that point - I'm not so much reading her as defending HK/Skele, to me it looks more like shes investigating Boooo.
667 and 671 happen after Skel/Hk both jump in after being voted, imo was a quick excuse in context. Both players got a vote and on cue appeared right afterwards = they were watching the thread and didn't want to jump in. They're still frozen out of the thread atm.

693 and 699 were in reference to my reading of Boo rather than Boo directly, and I disagree w/where they went.

The NL argument is fine; I haven't been against the idea of one. But this day has evolved past D0 and is basically being played like D1, meaning a lynch should be considering a possibility. I disagree with anyone that dismisses this/player actions as D0 as it stands.

I voted hk because I wanted him to talk and was planning on voting him until he did so, he did give his opinions and that's all I really wanted. I sus'd him for being quiet and unhelpful like he was as mafia last game but him quietly following the conversation and then posting his opinions seems like him, but I haven't played with him much so I'd still lynch him
I didn't see HK in your reads, so where do you stand there now?

unvote
vote okx
Yikes

but sure i guess ill vote okx because if hes modkilled ill be slightly salty

vote okx
Yikes

I feel too bad to vote her now lol
unvote
vote okx

whoever this is
Y i k e s

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Acting like she did as mafia
tbf the modkills saved the vice game

the game wouldve been bad if they stayed inactive but alive but your modkills kept it fun

i mean the vice game was fun anyway because my role was great
you're too kind

where did this thought come from btw
we were talking about modkills then oog said nobody expects someone to read through 51 pages, so that got me thinking because i consider reading 51 pages to be a lot of fun and not hard; very few people mention they like waking up to see 10 pages in a mafia game, for example
i demoted him but then someone promoted him again
classic

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
why are you suddenly changing your mind i dont get it, your points earlier surely still stand?

and no since we dont even know how long night deadline even is or whether okx even has a night action and idm waiting one night to see all that
except i felt bad for thinking it was cheaty + minorly repenting for using it during vice as a mechanic

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
i mean (no offense!!!!!) the game wasnt balanced from the start (over 50% of people were non-town) so i slightly scrap this game from meaning anything since had there been town at the end then it would have been a town win regardless
and then the age old question of balance vs creative third parties debate rears its ugly head again