The Economy of Madness - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mischief

Reaction score
It does strike me as weird that Mischief is suggesting we target quieter players. Like sure, Fantome and Arch have contributed basically nothing useful to the discussion thus far, but why jump straight to the conclusion that we should lynch them?

Sent from my Ca$hMoneyPhone using Tapatalk
Basically the idea is mafia would definitely not want to claim abilities I believe or names really.

Second idea is inactive people are a threat, if they aren't paying attention/reading the thread they can use harmful abilities on people that claimed

Third idea is inactive people are hard to read and slip under the radar easily. I thought it wouldn't be the worst idea to get rid of a vague player, it also works to scare others to talk more or be lynched basically.

Last of all, I'm pretttty sure notty is watcher so I would rather Lynch an an unactive over them. Notme, I don't care for really

• Informative
Reactions: Aqua

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also i slightly think we shouldnt hammer until like 5 mins before deadline so that the people who havent massclaimed can claim before discussing things with their MAFIA TEAM tonight (im looking at you aqua)

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
til everyone whos said pedantic to me irl has been using it wrong

repeat your reasons then since i either dont see them or they dont hold up
Me revealing my role now won't help town but will help mafia?

also all the reasons about no massclaims also apply to singular claims for no reason as well

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
for real tho my reasons haven't changed and I've said them numerous times but for the last time:

(a) If we claim names (even fake loosely related names (which is completely pointless)) mafia can take potshots at names they associate with important roles

(b) If we claim roles then mafia know the most important town roles to target first

(c) we get more info from a correct cop claim than trying to guess who might be lying about their name/claim

(d) + what ender said before, more vanilla/less important roles will blend in more than quirky "made for game" roles which could send us on a wild goose chase lynching the wrong people.
that seems to be it in which case

a) dont claim name i dont really care if im being honest
b) oh look its the doctor excuse
c) thats irrelevant to your own claim unless youre the 3rd cop-like role (inf, poke)
d) thats irrelevant to your own claim

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
a) dont claim name i dont really care if im being honest
b) oh look its the doctor excuse
c) thats irrelevant to your own claim unless youre the 3rd cop-like role (inf, poke)
d) thats irrelevant to your own claim
oH lOoK iTs ThE dOcToR eXcUsE

Although it isn't, as there are more roles than just doctor

how is that not a valid argument?

and how do you know d is irrelevant to my claim my role may or may not be weird and my name may or may not be weird.

Eitherway, me knowing what my role is I know revealing it now won't help town at all

if I were mafia I could easily claim a menial role that I can stick with idk ur point?

if inf really is cop have him visit me and prove me innocent without me claiming, problem solved.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Me revealing my role now won't help town but will help mafia?
thats speaking with the assumption everyone has full knowledge that youre town
but thats not the case to anyone other than you (assuming youre town)
the point of a mass claim is to force mafia into fake claims early on that they cant budge on
like im trying to phrase this in a way that it makes sense with words but its hard
like its not fair?? to others to like ACT in that way since then youre just preventing the situation where you are mafia and have to fake claim this early
this is hard to express help

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Although it isn't, as there are more roles than just doctor
watcher has claimed
2 cop-ish roles have claimed
roleblocker/protective role has claimed
like the classic good roles have all claimed other than doctor

and anyway see ^ about why i dislike the doctor excuse when a mass claim is already occuring (its hard to EXPRESS)
and how do you know d is irrelevant to my claim my role may or may not be weird and my name may or may not be weird.
what
Eitherway, me knowing what my role is I know revealing it now won't help town at all
again, you knowing
if I were mafia I could easily claim a menial role that I can stick with idk ur point?
except thats a RED FLAG and the purpose of a mass claim
if inf really is cop have him visit me and prove me innocent without me claiming, problem solved.
well poke throws shade on his claim + hes unusable half the time + THATS NOT THE POINT

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
thats speaking with the assumption everyone has full knowledge that youre town
but thats not the case to anyone other than you (assuming youre town)
the point of a mass claim is to force mafia into fake claims early on that they cant budge on
like im trying to phrase this in a way that it makes sense with words but its hard
like its not fair?? to others to like ACT in that way since then youre just preventing the situation where you are mafia and have to fake claim this early
this is hard to express help
oog why does it matter if maf claim now or later as long as they don't claim something like roleblocker or messenger, when notty inevitably dies (if she is watcher) we have no way to prove night actions

• Agree
Reactions: Omni
Reaction score
Claims:

Notty: Can choose someone each night to see who visits them and has some way of gaining coins during the day.
Moog: Can choose someone to triple the cost of their action, and if he dies the economic scale moves -1. Action moves the scale -4.
Mischief: Can move the economic scale down by -1 each night, and has a 2nd ability that hasn't said yet
Ender: Vigilante
Inf: Depending on the scale can either check if somebody is a threat to the town, or give themselves coins + gain the ascetic trait for that night when they use that ability. Economic scale goes -2 when dies
Mulb: Can choose someone each night to roleblock them
Stranger: Jails people (roleblock + protect)
Ltin: Each night can be told how many coins were in play after the day's lynch.
Raxo: Can move the panic metre from MASS PANIC TIME to Nervous.
UNU - Depending on the scale, will either be unaffected by night actions or will be informed if he was visited last night.
Arch - Invests in a player at night and gains (?) amount of coins depending on how well they survive the game(?) Arch the bird collector can you elaborate some more on how your role works specifically, and paraphrase your role name?
If I invest on someone who survives the next day I get coin, if the person I invest I lose coins etc etc. Let's call my role Angel

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
unvote

raxo please give us some incite into why we shouldn't lynch you and your general reads/opinions so when/if you do flip we have something to go off as town
Well as I said I can calm down economy if its in panic mode.

I find Inffy and Notty suspicious - they started bandwagon for no reason.
All I said was this game being KAPITALISM hunger games, and that I didn't want mass claim.

They could be mafia, and no one would know, as they are good at this game, though inffy was disappointment in last game.

Omni

Reaction score
Well as I said I can calm down economy if its in panic mode.

I find Inffy and Notty suspicious - they started bandwagon for no reason.
All I said was this game being KAPITALISM hunger games, and that I didn't want mass claim.

They could be mafia, and no one would know, as they are good at this game, though inffy was disappointment in last game.
it's not that they're good

everyone here is just unimaginably stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.