C9++ - Game End - Mafia Win

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's almost impossible to answer this question, even with emotional appeal!

When you look through the game, it certainly feels like there's only 4-5 people who has been stating their opinions this game, and the rest has just followed after. Have you ever noticed how similar each "scumlist" ends up being? Me being the one out of two candidates for the lynch illustrates this at it's best: 3 people saying their opinion about me, and the rest silently follows. There's really no way of defending myself against people who don't voice their opinion. Don't lynch me is all I'm gonna say, and if you do, then I'm gonna enjoy a fine ego boost.
I never said you were on my scum list, in fact, I don't recall having one.
Rather, I have a "town list" and you're not one the people on it.

Also, I don't understand how you'd get an ego boost from being lynched regardless of which team you're on.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
What's the point of even getting to say 'I told you so' anyway? Like, maybe I don't understand the mentality but all it does when someone says they're gonna laugh if they're lynched is...make me want to lynch them anyway because they don't seem to care.

And I like making people laugh, but not like that because it just tears people down.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I never said you were on my scum list, in fact, I don't recall having one.
I never said I was on your scum list.
What's the point of even getting to say 'I told you so' anyway? Like, maybe I don't understand the mentality but all it does when someone says they're gonna laugh if they're lynched is...make me want to lynch them anyway because they don't seem to care.
I hope you're not referring to the post I made because that's not what I meant.
But no I wouldn't say that's true, there's no reason you'd get an ego boost for being right about your own role, moreso I'd say it's that your ego doesn't get hurt as much if you get lynched as town relative to if you get lynched as mafia because it's a lot easier to put the blame on other people misreading you rather than you failing to blend in with the town. That's my personal belief anyway
I must've remembered incorrectly (although I swear it was you that said it). whoopsie

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Which question?
Anyways, I have a question to ask everybody and I'd like everyone to answer please.

Out of TWG and molten, which would you rather us lynch, and why?

This is everyone's opportunity to have their say in the direction of this day, since right now it's looking like this is the way we're headed judging by what I've read.

Shadow_Hunter3

Shadow_Hunter3
Reaction score
I havent been able to keep up much cuz of some personal reasons, but I will be able to be active again.
Shadow
*Hasn't really stood out, feels like they are trying to "blend in" with the rest of the players. This could be a townspersons opinion, however it is so similar to most others (with a few diffrences of course) that it makes me think that he could try to stay under the radar.
*They are jumpy when it comes to voting and scumreading, I think page 7-9 illustrates this good. Shadow makes a post with his opinions, that he thinks Fantome is scum. First example from day 0: Shadow votes Okx, who now has 4 votes for being inactive. Someone unvotes and he also unvotes. For the first example, he could logically unvote Okx since Okx just responded so I think this one's fair. Second example from day 0: Shadow unvotes (from Okx), and votes Fantome, this again makes sense logically because he said earlier that he scumread Fantome so it would make sense for him to follow it up on that. Third example from day 0: He unvotes Fantome and give Ernie a total of 3 votes, which doesn't make sense for him to do, as he scumread Fantome earlier but not just gave up.
*Partook in the Ernie lynch.
*Has voted for 3 proven townies, which indicate that he wanted to lynch someone town, as he maybe knew that they were town.
The reason why I voted Okx was because he was inactive, I unvoted right after he responded, Then I voted for Fantome for already known reasons, Then I changed my vote to Ernie because he was inactive aswell, the reason why I didnt unvote was because after his reply he just felt scummy to me, since in his reply he didn't defend himself at all. If he would have given another reply I would have switched back to Fantome, but he did not and then we reached the lynch quota.
Anyways, I have a question to ask everybody and I'd like everyone to answer please.

I would rather vote molten over TWG, since I dont feel like TWG is scum, and I do feel like molten is scum.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Gonna update my scumreads list;

MoltenAshes
TheWeakGuy48_
ChocoFox
Unusual_Dood

I took Fog off of it for now since he doesn't register to me as suspicious as the rest anymore;

Choco is starting to read more scummy again because he's been taking a backseat and lurking throughout today. Yes I know he claims to be busy IRL but he's the kind of person who really, really gets invested into his games normally, even when he's busy. Yes I know that might be unfair considering I took Fog off the list and he's got a similar presence, but I expect more from Choco. This is only because of my meta-read on him, so I'm not gonna actively push to vote him. I think Molten or TWG are the most likely scum right now.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
MoltenAshes Why shouldn't we lynch you?
The same question applies to Unusual_Dood, Fog, Shadow_Hunter3 and Weak who I won't tag because he's active enough to see this.
There are really no reason why you shouldn't vote me. I have made filler posts to avoid scum hunting and giving my read. I tried to make no one suspect me for a couple of hours by doing so before I made a post about my reads, but that plan didn't work out as planned. I try to talk mostly mechanics, actually a total of 2 of my 17 posts contain mechanics, because it makes me seem useful, however it only gives info about the setup which will not make an impact or change in the game. In addition these posts make it harder for people to read me since I this don't have to give my opinion all the time.

It is sort of influenced by what the rest of the players think but my preference for lynching is:

Tim < Unu < Choco < Weak < Alisha < Catgirl < Molten < Fog < Infected < Shadow

so Weak < Molten because TWG I town read while Molten I do not.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There are really no reason why you shouldn't vote me. I have made filler posts to avoid scum hunting and giving my read. I tried to make no one suspect me for a couple of hours by doing so before I made a post about my reads, but that plan didn't work out as planned. I try to talk mostly mechanics, actually a total of 2 of my 17 posts contain mechanics, because it makes me seem useful, however it only gives info about the setup which will not make an impact or change in the game. In addition these posts make it harder for people to read me since I this don't have to give my opinion all the time.
Uhh....It sounds like you're a mafia that's going "you got me" ...Am I missing something here?

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Timdood's claim I would say we have a serial killer right here

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I need to go on a mini-rant right now because this has been nagging at me for a while;

The inability of many people to consider perspectives other than their own is what kills town most of the time, and honestly it gets frustrating to see happen every single time a game is played.

TWG and UNU especially, I get that if you're genuinely town, then it sucks to be lynched and it makes you tear your hair out. If either of you are actually town, then take a moment to look at the rest of our perspectives. It might seem obvious you're townies from your point of view, but the rest of the town won't know any better. Saying things like 'I'll get an ego boost if I'm lynched' or making a sarcastic post saying 'you got me' only serves to further entice people who don't any better to vote you.

So next time you're town and lynched because you make statements like that, don't go scratching your head and asking 'gee whiz why did those stupid people lynch me?????'

(If you're actually mafia then ok cool you got me)

Reactions: Timdood3

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
MoltenAshes Why shouldn't we lynch you?
The same question applies to Unusual_Dood, Fog, Shadow_Hunter3 and Weak who I won't tag because he's active enough to see this.
Because we at the moment have better options. Yesterday, Ernie, the cop, got lynched and as this was in mafias interest we should lynch one of the ones who voted Ernie to have a higher chance of killing a mafia. By that I do not say I believe there isn't a mafia who didn't vote Ernie, but I believe there are more who voted Ernie compared to the ammount. I also believe some of these people in addition have acted suspicious, so it's not like we're lacking options.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It is sort of influenced by what the rest of the players think but my preference for lynching is:

Tim < Unu < Choco < Weak < Alisha < Catgirl < Molten < Fog < Infected < Shadow

so Weak < Molten because TWG I town read while Molten I do not.
Why would you rather we lynch you than tim?

Is there a reason you're suddenly being really sarcastic this game

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alright still waiting for fog and catgirl but we're running out of time and people have been offline a lot in the last couple days so I'm scared of leaving it too late and so I'm gonna take a big risk and hope I'm right that both fog and cat are town and not wait for their opinions

So the reason why I asked everybody to tell me who they preferred to lynch out of TWG and molten and made it clear that this was everyone's opportunity to have their say in how the day went was a little more than what I let on

Something started bothering me yesterday when choco asked me for my opinion on fog, because I realized that at the start of the day, fog was on several people's suspect list. Suddenly he's completely dropped off everybody's map and molten/TWG have replaced him in the spotlight. Ever since these two have been under heat, nobody has made any real attempt at pushing suspicion back over to foggy, who, judging by people's opinions of him earlier, if he's town, would have been a nice distraction lynch for the mafia to save their buddies if TWG and molten were their other two partners. That made me come to a few tentative conclusions.

1) If both TWG and molten turn out to be mafia, I'm gonna bet foggy is their last partner. If fog is town and molten/TWG are 2/3 mafia in serious trouble, I'd expect to see at least some attempt from somebody to direct attention back onto foggy to save at least one of their partners in future by keeping fog on the radar, and get another mislynch in there. The only person who keeps mentioning foggy is UNU but he's making no attempt to push it at all. Since what I expected hasn't happened, if both TWG and molten are mafia, I think that probably means foggy is the third partner and that's why there was no attempt to push him back into the spotlight.

It's also possible the mafia just don't feel brave enough to try to push onto foggy or they're wanting to let their partners die of course, but if we do end up lynching molten and TWG and they're both mafia and I'm dead, I suggest looking into foggy next, because I'd call it at least 70% likely that fog is the third partner in this scenario, just because I really think we'd have seen at least some attempt to put suspicion onto a town foggy if two mafia buddies were in this kind of danger.

However with that being said, personally I think this scenario is unlikely, because I townread fog and I think if both TWG and molten were mafia buddies, they'd be pushing on each other by now. If they're partners and one of them isn't trying to make use out of the situation to make one of them seem town after the other is most likely lynched, I'd be surprised. It's possible it's just a sort of awkward situation where molten wants to push on TWG for credit but TWG is reluctant to but it doesn't feel that way to me so I just don't think it's likely that they're partners.

In the event that they're not partners, and instead only one of them is mafia (which I think is likely just because almost the entirety of town seem to agree they're suspicious and I have enough faith in people's reads to think we're not *completely* wrong here), I'd expect the mafia to to either a) go hard on their partner for credit, or b) try to subtly save them by suggesting that the other of the pair should be lynched instead whilst trying not to take responsibility for the mislynch that they're trying to make happen. And this was the main purpose of the question I asked, to get a feel for who might be compatible with this. I thought mafia would fall into one of these two categories since doing anything in between just seems unproductive and a waste in my eyes - if a partner is going down, I'd expect the team to either try to save them or try to bus them, not stay on the fence and get nothing done. But bear in mind it is possible they did do that of course, I just think it's fairly unlikely.

First, nobody is strongly gunning for either TWG or molten specifically. Everyone is either unsure, slightly preferring one over the other, or preferring one but not wanting them lynched either and not pushing for it. So nobody fits a) in my opinion.

For b), these people are compatible with this:

Alisha - slightly prefers a molten lynch
Tim - prefers a molten lynch but isn't sure why
UNU - prefers a molten lynch but doesn't particularly want that either
Shadow - prefers a molten lynch
I guess for non-bias purposes I'll put myself down too: Inf - prefers TWG lynch

Everyone else is:
cat - not answered yet but earlier seemed fine with both
Fog - not answered yet either, was suspicious of TWG on Sunday but didn't post any reads since then
Choco - wants whatever me and tim agree on

Out of the list of compatible people, I'm gonna personally rank them for what I'd say is the likelihood they're mafia

5) me obviously
4) Tim - I trust his claim so he's most likely town one-shot vigilante
3) Shadow - my intuition says he's town still
2) Alisha - I'm not really feeling alisha as scum anymore but out of the 4 I'd put her here
1) UNU

And the reason I think UNU is most likely is mostly because the fact that he's so indirectly pushing for a molten lynch via strongly townreading weak and saying he's against his lynch, without actually getting involved in the molten lynch and making it clear he's not a preference, seems like a perfect plan if he were mafia to me. It'd give him a chance to subtly save his mafia buddy (who I believe to be TWG, and I'll go into that in a bit more detail soon too) without actually participating in the molten lynch which in this scenario is a mislynch so he avoids as much scrutiny the next day. It's a win-win scenario for him. I'm not saying that because what he's doing is such a perfect thing for mafia to do means he's mafia, because he could easily do it as town, but out of everyone I think the way he's going about the lynch is the most compatible with what I'd expect mafia to do because if one of these 4 people have to be mafia, out of each scenario where one is mafia, he's gaining the most from what he's doing. So if I have to guess from these 4 people, it'd be him. And then I also have just mild intuition that accompany this reason, so it just makes sense to me.

Another thing you'll notice when looking at these 4 (5 including me) 'compatible' people is that every single one of them except for me prefer a molten lynch. If one of TWG and molten are mafia, and the partners are making any attempt to sway the lynch in their favour at all, this means from my perspective molten is looking like a mislynch, and from yours, unless you think I'm mafia, molten should also be looking like a mislynch.

(I think this may be what set off my intuition earlier about molten being a mislynch, like I picked up on this pattern subconsciously or something but I have no idea and that could be a load of nonsense)

So yeah that's what I wanted to say.

Obviously there are alternate explanations for what's happening here and I'm not suggesting that molten is definitely town and TWG should die, it's just something I think everyone should at least consider, since personally I think the above scenario is at least fairly likely.

So with that I'm going to

Vote TWG

And if I am right about TWG then I'm going to suggest going after UNU next. After that I'm not sure.

Hopefully I didn't jump the gun too early on posting this, it was a trade-off between getting people to answer the question but leaving enough time for people to switch votes if they agreed with me

Also TWG to respond to your responses to me, all I have to say really is 'fair enough', but I still just don't believe you're town based on the previous points I made. You've done a good job of sounding town in some of your posts and becoming really agreeable in the last 24 or so hours but for me it's just not enough to sway me. Sorry if I'm just tunnel visioning on you and am completely wrong though

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alright still waiting for fog and catgirl but we're running out of time and people have been offline a lot in the last couple days so I'm scared of leaving it too late and so I'm gonna take a big risk and hope I'm right that both fog and cat are town and not wait for their opinions

So the reason why I asked everybody to tell me who they preferred to lynch out of TWG and molten and made it clear that this was everyone's opportunity to have their say in how the day went was a little more than what I let on

Something started bothering me yesterday when choco asked me for my opinion on fog, because I realized that at the start of the day, fog was on several people's suspect list. Suddenly he's completely dropped off everybody's map and molten/TWG have replaced him in the spotlight. Ever since these two have been under heat, nobody has made any real attempt at pushing suspicion back over to foggy, who, judging by people's opinions of him earlier, if he's town, would have been a nice distraction lynch for the mafia to save their buddies if TWG and molten were their other two partners. That made me come to a few tentative conclusions.

1) If both TWG and molten turn out to be mafia, I'm gonna bet foggy is their last partner. If fog is town and molten/TWG are 2/3 mafia in serious trouble, I'd expect to see at least some attempt from somebody to direct attention back onto foggy to save at least one of their partners in future by keeping fog on the radar, and get another mislynch in there. The only person who keeps mentioning foggy is UNU but he's making no attempt to push it at all. Since what I expected hasn't happened, if both TWG and molten are mafia, I think that probably means foggy is the third partner and that's why there was no attempt to push him back into the spotlight.

It's also possible the mafia just don't feel brave enough to try to push onto foggy or they're wanting to let their partners die of course, but if we do end up lynching molten and TWG and they're both mafia and I'm dead, I suggest looking into foggy next, because I'd call it at least 70% likely that fog is the third partner in this scenario, just because I really think we'd have seen at least some attempt to put suspicion onto a town foggy if two mafia buddies were in this kind of danger.

However with that being said, personally I think this scenario is unlikely, because I townread fog and I think if both TWG and molten were mafia buddies, they'd be pushing on each other by now. If they're partners and one of them isn't trying to make use out of the situation to make one of them seem town after the other is most likely lynched, I'd be surprised. It's possible it's just a sort of awkward situation where molten wants to push on TWG for credit but TWG is reluctant to but it doesn't feel that way to me so I just don't think it's likely that they're partners.

In the event that they're not partners, and instead only one of them is mafia (which I think is likely just because almost the entirety of town seem to agree they're suspicious and I have enough faith in people's reads to think we're not *completely* wrong here), I'd expect the mafia to to either a) go hard on their partner for credit, or b) try to subtly save them by suggesting that the other of the pair should be lynched instead whilst trying not to take responsibility for the mislynch that they're trying to make happen. And this was the main purpose of the question I asked, to get a feel for who might be compatible with this. I thought mafia would fall into one of these two categories since doing anything in between just seems unproductive and a waste in my eyes - if a partner is going down, I'd expect the team to either try to save them or try to bus them, not stay on the fence and get nothing done. But bear in mind it is possible they did do that of course, I just think it's fairly unlikely.

First, nobody is strongly gunning for either TWG or molten specifically. Everyone is either unsure, slightly preferring one over the other, or preferring one but not wanting them lynched either and not pushing for it. So nobody fits a) in my opinion.

For b), these people are compatible with this:

Alisha - slightly prefers a molten lynch
Tim - prefers a molten lynch but isn't sure why
UNU - prefers a molten lynch but doesn't particularly want that either
Shadow - prefers a molten lynch
I guess for non-bias purposes I'll put myself down too: Inf - prefers TWG lynch

Everyone else is:
cat - not answered yet but earlier seemed fine with both
Fog - not answered yet either, was suspicious of TWG on Sunday but didn't post any reads since then
Choco - wants whatever me and tim agree on

Out of the list of compatible people, I'm gonna personally rank them for what I'd say is the likelihood they're mafia

5) me obviously
4) Tim - I trust his claim so he's most likely town one-shot vigilante
3) Shadow - my intuition says he's town still
2) Alisha - I'm not really feeling alisha as scum anymore but out of the 4 I'd put her here
1) UNU

And the reason I think UNU is most likely is mostly because the fact that he's so indirectly pushing for a molten lynch via strongly townreading weak and saying he's against his lynch, without actually getting involved in the molten lynch and making it clear he's not a preference, seems like a perfect plan if he were mafia to me. It'd give him a chance to subtly save his mafia buddy (who I believe to be TWG, and I'll go into that in a bit more detail soon too) without actually participating in the molten lynch which in this scenario is a mislynch so he avoids as much scrutiny the next day. It's a win-win scenario for him. I'm not saying that because what he's doing is such a perfect thing for mafia to do means he's mafia, because he could easily do it as town, but out of everyone I think the way he's going about the lynch is the most compatible with what I'd expect mafia to do because if one of these 4 people have to be mafia, out of each scenario where one is mafia, he's gaining the most from what he's doing. So if I have to guess from these 4 people, it'd be him. And then I also have just mild intuition that accompany this reason, so it just makes sense to me.

Another thing you'll notice when looking at these 4 (5 including me) 'compatible' people is that every single one of them except for me prefer a molten lynch. If one of TWG and molten are mafia, and the partners are making any attempt to sway the lynch in their favour at all, this means from my perspective molten is looking like a mislynch, and from yours, unless you think I'm mafia, molten should also be looking like a mislynch.

(I think this may be what set off my intuition earlier about molten being a mislynch, like I picked up on this pattern subconsciously or something but I have no idea and that could be a load of nonsense)

So yeah that's what I wanted to say.

Obviously there are alternate explanations for what's happening here and I'm not suggesting that molten is definitely town and TWG should die, it's just something I think everyone should at least consider, since personally I think the above scenario is at least fairly likely.

So with that I'm going to

Vote TWG

And if I am right about TWG then I'm going to suggest going after UNU next. After that I'm not sure.

Hopefully I didn't jump the gun too early on posting this, it was a trade-off between getting people to answer the question but leaving enough time for people to switch votes if they agreed with me

Also TWG to respond to your responses to me, all I have to say really is 'fair enough', but I still just don't believe you're town based on the previous points I made. You've done a good job of sounding town in some of your posts and becoming really agreeable in the last 24 or so hours but for me it's just not enough to sway me. Sorry if I'm just tunnel visioning on you and am completely wrong though
Holy two entire screens of text. And I must say, you've really outdone yourself with the quality of this post. And that said, you've swayed (would the word be "swayn?") me. Even if you're wrong, after that I'm prepared to use our last mislynch on weak; that truly is a compelling argument.

But now that I've said that, I have to be at least a little hesitant to be sure I'm convinced by content and not just quality. Give me a few hours.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_