Republic - Completed

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
That's like the dumbest thing we can do right now.
If you're trying to create confusion, you're only making yourself look worse. If anyone has any doubts TheWeakGuy48_ is Mafia you should speak up.

I'll guess the best thing is to elect all uncc-townies
Wrong.

dess is a good choice too cause if he gets killed by someone hoping to kill the dictator we'll get ltin's role revealed
True, but that doesn't leave much choice for who the dictator will be. Can't be Ender as they need to kill either Inf or Weak and they're a ticking bomb.

Failara isn't a likely choice, their ability is also pretty good, Fog will try to heal Ender (who mafia will likely re-target) and Dess would be the obvious one given there are clear benefits if they die.

Electing a citizen is a smarter move; you're not putting all your eggs in one basket. If citizen was in instead of Fog, Mafia would have much tougher choice on who to target. Going from 1/2 to 1/3 and forcing them to target a non-possible dictator which puts the pressure back on them.

Playing it safe at this point with so many town dead, is not viable - We need any edge we can get and we are going to HAVE to take chances with so little confirmed left. Which at this point I should remind you that I'm a confirmed citizen.

Hmm... If claiming to BE the revo when you're actually the revo throws the game... If I said I was the revo that would mean I couldn't be the revo? Therefore I can say that I am le Révolutionnaire.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If claiming to BE the revo when you're actually the revo throws the game... If I said I was the revo that would mean I couldn't be the revo? Therefore I can say that I am le Révolutionnaire.
consider this: falsely claiming to be the revolutionary under the pretense that doing so proves you aren't could be considered an illegal tactic, therefore the only possibility is that you're the real rev bluffing

Faliara

Reaction score
nvm found it

i won't tolerate u giving fali chat like that mr
Hey, it's fine! It was pretty rude of me to assume Oog's posts gives everyone headaches so that's something I should apologize for.

The fact remains though that I tend to be unable to understand his posts. I keep using the word 'disjointed', but it's more that... It's all over the place? How do I explain it?

When replying to people, Oog (as well as Inf, on this part) seem to keep zeroing in on certain parts and paragraphs without acknowledging the entire post as a whole. More than once, they seem to reply to one thing and get confused with the other because when answering a paragraph, they only acknowledge it singularly and never take into account that the next paragraph or the paragraph before it explain the very thing they're confused by. And that's... Not how you answer a post, because they all connect to each other. It's like neither of them read the whole thing, or refuse to acknowledge the whole thing.

Faliara

Reaction score
Electing a citizen is a smarter move; you're not putting all your eggs in one basket. If citizen was in instead of Fog, Mafia would have much tougher choice on who to target. Going from 1/2 to 1/3 and forcing them to target a non-possible dictator which puts the pressure back on them.

Playing it safe at this point with so many town dead, is not viable - We need any edge we can get and we are going to HAVE to take chances with so little confirmed left. Which at this point I should remind you that I'm a confirmed citizen.

Hmm... If claiming to BE the revo when you're actually the revo throws the game... If I said I was the revo that would mean I couldn't be the revo? Therefore I can say that I am le Révolutionnaire.
Electing a citizen is something that occured to me multiple times for the reason you mentioned, which is why I wanted to go for Sploorky and then Jivvi, as I trust them.

Unfortunately, though you seem to have your heart in the right place, due to your last two paragraphs it really looks as though you're Le Révolutionnaire trying to get into the council for dictatorship (and framing Danni as the Rev to throw people off-track?) and thus it's a lot less likely that you'll end up in the council. sorry list ._.

With that said, Jivvi, what do you think about going on the council? Sploorky didn't want to, but I'm not sure what your opinion might be.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Electing a citizen is something that occured to me multiple times for the reason you mentioned, which is why I wanted to go for Sploorky and then Jivvi, as I trust them.

Unfortunately, though you seem to have your heart in the right place, due to your last two paragraphs it really looks as though you're Le Révolutionnaire trying to get into the council for dictatorship (and framing Danni as the Rev to throw people off-track?) and thus it's a lot less likely that you'll end up in the council. sorry list ._.

With that said, Jivvi, what do you think about going on the council? Sploorky didn't want to, but I'm not sure what your opinion might be.
Yea I read through listing's post too and I'm pretty much on the same track as you, he's pushing himself too hard to the point it gives rev vibes

I still think the uncc'd are better, but it's not necessarily a bad idea I guess, just a very risky one

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
But why did Notty specifically single out Danni? Why has Danni then done a 180 to try and deflect onto me?

The chances anyone is revo could apply to any confirmed citizen equally, so when the next person comes up at citizen how many times can you use the same argument that they're possibly the revo - Therefore why then even use that reasoning at all?

How many people are actually confirmed citizens and how many more do you think you'll actually get, notwithstanding the 'Suspicious Citizens', we are in a terrible position and I can't see how playing it safe will win us the game.

All said I take your concerns and if you'd rather risk putting in a different civ to myself, I will support it. I want Mafia to have to choose between town outside the council and those inside it as it gives our town members left the best chances.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If you're trying to create confusion, you're only making yourself look worse. If anyone has any doubts TheWeakGuy48_ is Mafia you should speak up.

Wrong.

True, but that doesn't leave much choice for who the dictator will be. Can't be Ender as they need to kill either Inf or Weak and they're a ticking bomb.

Failara isn't a likely choice, their ability is also pretty good, Fog will try to heal Ender (who mafia will likely re-target) and Dess would be the obvious one given there are clear benefits if they die.

Didn't want to quote all of your post but because mobile is shit i can't change it. Anyway, if we're going autocracy(which I oppose), then why in gods name wouldn't we want to elect proven players? If we elect not-proven townies we risk the chance of mafia/rev knowing the dictator.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also, I kinda doubt that we will win at this point. Like the Mafia and Rev has 3 kills total, and the rev is apparently helping the mafia by killing proven townies, so I don't even know if we're going to win this at all. I see very few endings were we(the town) is coming out with a victory.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Also, I kinda doubt that we will win at this point. Like the Mafia and Rev has 3 kills total, and the rev is apparently helping the mafia by killing proven townies, so I don't even know if we're going to win this at all. I see very few endings were we(the town) is coming out with a victory.
The rev probably killed roob to expose notty. Doubt they'd go for a townie again though

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Didn't want to quote all of your post but because mobile is shit i can't change it. Anyway, if we're going autocracy(which I oppose), then why in gods name wouldn't we want to elect proven players? If we elect not-proven townies we risk the chance of mafia/rev knowing the dictator.
Ender, our assassin, will die tonight. Town gets two kills with auto, one with demo.

Putting all our proven players into a pot where not only do they have a role, they also could be a dictator just makes it a win/win scenario for Mafia.

We need to take the risk to get the upper hand, if the dictator can slip through that's another free kill the next night too.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ender, our assassin, will die tonight. Town gets two kills with auto, one with demo.

Putting all our proven players into a pot where not only do they have a role, they also could be a dictator just makes it a win/win scenario for Mafia.

We need to take the risk to get the upper hand, if the dictator can slip through that's another free kill the next night too.
Ender's poison can be used to force the poisoner to save one of their own instead of the poisoner killing one of us.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
not opposed to it since i don't have any night abilities and if i get killed by someone trying to get the dictator it's not a huge loss. i don't have time to read back through our options right now but if we'd rather keep some of the valuable PRs out of the council or we want an unconfirmed player in there i think it's a viable plan, otherwise all unccs would probably be optimal

although in saying that, i have something of a concern with putting an uncc on the council who claimed after ltin died (ie almost everyone) theoretically could be mafia, so even if we do put all unccs in the council there's a risk involved there

unless i've missed someone our only guaranteed clears are fali and fog if his antidote recipients confirm that they got one and nobody else comes forward saying they have one.

Sploorky

Reaction score
What? We would have lynched Notty anyway, so there was no point for Rev to kill him
I'd imagine the rev was worried that notty would weasel out of it and force an autocracy. There were a disproportionate amount of people defending her

I don't think it was a good idea for the rev to have done that but I do think it was deliberately to expose notty