Republic - Completed

Sploorky

Reaction score
I claimed citizen a while ago

but I went back and proved him wrong on that
It's very cocky to claim you "proved me wrong", nor did I bandwagon onto you. I gave reasoning, don't call it bandwagoning, I am sure there were many others who literally just voted you without an explanation cause they saw others voting for you.

Previously in the game he also kept making weird suggestions like "let's do democracy first and then go autocracy if we need it", which, as far as I'm concerned, was just time-wasting for Mafia to take advantage of
It's not like your plan of autocracy went well for town at all. I wanted to do democracy first because we only have a limited number of autocracies, and I didn't want to zip through them unless we needed them. What if our suspicious council members all died in the night? What were we supposed to do, lynch one of our uncc'd townies? No, that's when we would switch to autocracy.

Flexibility isn't bad and I think that reasoning that I am mafia is way out of line.

First of all, are we going for democracy or autocracy? In the name of giving Endy one last nightkill, I would rather go for autocracy, but if we go with that there's no way I'm trusting Oog on it

elect: Dess, Sploorky
Are you voting for democracy or autocracy? If democracy, why are you voting for me? What is your reasoning?

If autocracy, definitely don't me because we need all uncc'd townies to be elected

I see the benefits of autocracy, but right now I just don't feel safe switching to autocracy unless the rev is dead. I think we're basically fucked if the rev is still alive and snipes our second dictator(which would definitely happen)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I claimed citizen a while ago

It's very cocky to claim you "proved me wrong", nor did I bandwagon onto you. I gave reasoning, don't call it bandwagoning, I am sure there were many others who literally just voted you without an explanation cause they saw others voting for you.
You gave reasoning after I had to ask you twice, yes. At first it was just a vote, then I asked why, then you said "you're suspicious", then I asked why, then you came up with your 'reason'

It's not like your plan of autocracy went well for town at all. I wanted to do democracy first because we only have a limited number of autocracies, and I didn't want to zip through them unless we needed them. What if our suspicious council members all died in the night? What were we supposed to do, lynch one of our uncc'd townies? No, that's when we would switch to autocracy.
Regardless of the outcome, I'm talking about the reasons for supporting it or not. You completely ignored all the stats Notty provided which, yes she was Mafia, were still completely valid. Your reasons are fair enough if you ignore the fact that without our dictator kill we'd likely lose because the revo would keep aiming for our dictator (town) each time so we needed the dictator to kill as well. You never brought this up before so it couldn't have been your reason.

The fact you went against Notty does make you sliiightly more credible but you could easily have done that just to look innocent in case she died.

Faliara

Reaction score
Are you voting for democracy or autocracy? If democracy, why are you voting for me? What is your reasoning?

If autocracy, definitely don't me because we need all uncc'd townies to be elected
what i was thinking at the time was i'd rather elect people i trust since i'm now leaning more towards autocracy and even though you claimed citizen you were the among the first few that came to mind

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
that's because list wants to go for democracy and wants to kill you off
You're right and thinking more autocracy is the best play.

Discuss in the council who you are going to kill and who the dictator should bring in to murder.

With Luxuria gone that's a clean kill for you. Leaving a 1/3 chance of Mafia guessing the correct dictator and if the dictator pulls the right name...

Potentially 2 mafia are then dead.

Best possible outcome for town - Since I'm not fully trusted, Oog is next best uncc'd?

Unelect
Elect: Dess, Ooglie101
and
what i was thinking at the time was i'd rather elect people i trust since i'm now leaning more towards autocracy and even though you claimed citizen you were the among the first few that came to mind
that is a terrible idea

Sploorky

Reaction score
Oh well I appreciate it but it's still better as a baseline to only have the uncc'd, that way even if I was hypothetically dictator then dissenters couldn't try to convince town I was a dissenter and get my overthrown

Regardless of the outcome, I'm talking about the reasons for supporting it or not. You completely ignored all the stats Notty provided which, yes she was Mafia, were still completely valid. Your reasons are fair enough if you ignore the fact that without our dictator kill we'd likely lose because the revo would keep aiming for our dictator (town) each time so we needed the dictator to kill as well. You never brought this up before so it couldn't have been your reason.

The fact you went against Notty does make you sliiightly more credible but you could easily have done that just to look innocent in case she died.
I mean, a lot of people "ignored" it, that's why the original day 1 votes were based around democracy. Why am I getting singled out? I'm pretty sure those stats got questioned and disproven by Hunter and Aqua as well. I think I gave my own thoughts on Notty's stats, I don't remember if I typed this out or just thought it, but I will admit I didn't look too hard at them because I didn't fully believe them. I didn't believe that the game was set up in a way that we absolutely needed to switch to autocracy immediately. Like I said, I felt from the beginning that flexibility in switching from democracy to autocracy was powerful, and I didn't want to waste one of our dictatorships before we needed it

Sploorky

Reaction score
actually this doesn't make sense since notty's plan was town-favourable so mafia would naturally disagree
I think you're tunnel visioning on the whole "autocracy is better" thing. You really can't state that notty's plan was town-favorable, it's notty and she's a really good player. It certainly isn't favorable for us right now and we followed her plan pretty concisely

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Um...

Right, Ooglie101, you claimed the role of Observer, right?

Who did you watch the last two nights?
n1: hunter
i didnt understand my role and thought that if i watched someone who died only their killers name would be removed but no if they die the whole report is scrapped so NO REPORT

n2: roob
i assumed notty (still thought they were rev) would kill me/inf, mafia would kill ender and poison roob but turns out rev killed roob, mafia killed aqua and poisoned ender so again NO REPORT

inb4 wow you're so much more untrustworthy now you have no information!!

Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Sploorky

Reaction score
n1: hunter
i didnt understand my role and thought that if i watched someone who died only their killers name would be removed but no if they die the whole report is scrapped so NO REPORT

n2: roob
i assumed notty (still thought they were rev) would kill me/inf, mafia would kill ender and poison roob but turns out rev killed roob, mafia killed aqua and poisoned ender so again NO REPORT

inb4 wow you're so much more untrustworthy now you have no information!!
wow you're so much more untrustworthy now you have no information!!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think you're tunnel visioning on the whole "autocracy is better" thing. You really can't state that notty's plan was town-favorable, it's notty and she's a really good player. It certainly isn't favorable for us right now and we followed her plan pretty concisely
Just because it went wrong because the choices people made (electing 3 uncc rather than 5 and killing ltin/caff) were unfortunate, doesn't make it any less town-favourable

considering notty turned out to be mafia the idea that notty's plan was actually favourable to mafia in some way is not out of the question
We can read the setup and see for ourselves that it was

Sploorky

Reaction score
Just because it went wrong because the choices people made (electing 3 uncc rather than 5 and killing ltin/caff) were unfortunate, doesn't make it any less town-favourable

We can read the setup and see for ourselves that it was
My point is you seem really insistent that Notty, whose entire role is based around the town losing, gave us a plan that is absolutely, 100% non-negotiable best for town.

Do you really not think there might be some deception there? Do you really think this game is so simple there is one "best" way to play?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My point is you seem really insistent that Notty, whose entire role is based around the town losing, gave us a plan that is absolutely, 100% non-negotiable best for town.

Do you really not think there might be some deception there? Do you really think this game is so simple there is one "best" way to play?
If you can point out where that deception is, be my guest

This is an open setup after all

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh well I appreciate it but it's still better as a baseline to only have the uncc'd, that way even if I was hypothetically dictator then dissenters couldn't try to convince town I was a dissenter and get my overthrown

I mean, a lot of people "ignored" it, that's why the original day 1 votes were based around democracy. Why am I getting singled out? I'm pretty sure those stats got questioned and disproven by Hunter and Aqua as well. I think I gave my own thoughts on Notty's stats, I don't remember if I typed this out or just thought it, but I will admit I didn't look too hard at them because I didn't fully believe them. I didn't believe that the game was set up in a way that we absolutely needed to switch to autocracy immediately. Like I said, I felt from the beginning that flexibility in switching from democracy to autocracy was powerful, and I didn't want to waste one of our dictatorships before we needed it
Tbh this is fair enough

My point about your reason for suspecting me still stands

Yes you could just have tunnel-visioned me as a townie but I'm not sure I buy it

Faliara

Reaction score
If you can point out where that deception is, be my guest

This is an open setup after all
she said she was going to hide endy's role for his safety evening 1 and revealed it pretty quickly on day 2

she said she was going to kill twg evening 2 and it was revealed that she killed roob, an uncounterclaimed town power role on day 3

i thought i escaped having to deal with notty's lies when we executed her

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I remember... Hunter was already voting to subpoena Ltin while it was still a council, but after we all dissolved it, we just voted to install Hunter as the dictator straight away. I was hoping that Hunter would choose to interrogate Notty instead that night since it became possible upon the dissolving of the council that night (and mentioned it) but we didn't really try to suggest any other subpoena candidates otherwise, so it makes sense that Hunt would go for the person he initially voted to subpoena.
Interesting, Thank you.