Administration Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
im sure this has been asked already, but whats this about meetings?

We will receive more information concerning this on the upcoming meeting of the 14th. As of right now however, either Malcovent or somebody of whom he (and the others) appoints will be leading the meeting. Also at the meeting we will be able to ask questions and have some of them answered depending on the content of the question.

EDIT: Thank you for taking those out.

-edited-
GmK
by that i mean, what meetings? iv never heard of there being meetings

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score

Ah this community has weekly meetings in which we discuss server/community news. Every Friday at 6:00 EST we are in our teamspeak 3 server ts.blocktopia.net and talking of anything that happened throughout the weeks whether they be promotions, demotions, warnings, or plain server/community news.

All previous meeting recaps (a recap of what happened in the meeting) can be found here.

• Useful
Reactions: Marlem

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Finally

EDIT: I don't mean to be rude. What Dead did for this community was great and irreplaceable. However, he did not act like an Admin should towards the end. Just an opinion.

EDIT2: To describe this 'not acting like an Admin should' even further, Dead was a weirdo when it came to females in the community. So creeeeepy.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
It was bound to happen sooner or later. I admit, Deadl0ck r0cked, and he was one of the biggest influences in the community's development, but for you speechless people, think about it.

I have a few guesses to this, no specific instances though.

-Admin for extended time

He's been with this community how long? Being in the responsibility of an entire community of people is nerve-racking and (can be) irritating as all hell, and will wear on even the most stoic of people. Letting loose and making those controversial jokes is what (might have) helped him relax after years of said activities.

-Admitted temper problems

Don't kill me for this one, but he told us himself he can get angry easily, might've influenced somehow.

I didn't know Dead very well, but I know him enough that these two things might be playing roles in his actions. He was a very bold person, and that quality makes someone a good decision maker. Without people like that in Blocktopia, the community might not exist today.

On a lighter note, everyone knows the new HA is a race between Damer_Flinn and Sploorky

Txboy1234

Reaction score
I suppose one could say that Deadl0ck just got Deadbl0cked.
Priz this is no time for that. I understand your intention, but this is a completely inappropriate reaction to post at this moment. This is in poor taste.
I would say if someone does something stupid or bad enough to get globally banned, they deserve something like that. I have not a clue what happened and really don't want to know based on the OP but that's how I see it.

If this was anything like Megatrons deal on the IRC then good for you admins, doing what is right for this community and not letting BS slip along.

On a lighter note, everyone knows the new HA is a race between Damer_Flinn and Sploorky
Not really the time or place
Why not? I'm glad I know who is the front runners of it now. Look ahead and see what is coming, I know both of them a hell of a lot better the Dead, but I think either one of them would be one damn good HA.

Reaction score
We are looking to take on new blood into the admin team, we'll let you know the results of this as soon as possible!
to take on new blood into the
new blood
Don't trust them, they're vampires!

~----------~
On a more serious note, everyone fucks up (excuse my language). It's human nature. I have, plenty of times, and it's been pointed out to me blatantly. The most important thing is to learn from our mistakes and move on.​
Deadl0ck was the guy that took on "that role" in the community, the one where he'd point out how we mucked up, and it was our job to learn and improve ourselves. It was a job that made him either well respected or hated, but nonetheless he did it.​
Now, the tables have turned. Dead made a mistake. What we have to do is learn from it.​

Sploorky

Reaction score
Oook, feel this is worth stepping into.

On page 2, malcovent said this

I would prefer if the thread could be directed away from speculation and/or picking sides.
Yet people are still doing it.

This isn't a "shit on deadl0ck thread" and I honestly feel the people leaving comments such as "saw this coming", "not surprised", and "finally" seem to just be stirring up trouble, knowing it will turn into a shitstorm. Your opinion is fine to voice, but there is really a time, a place, and a tact. If you want to ignore that tact, than it's already been said by an administrator that this thread isn't that place.

If people are going to go around trying to start drama in this thread from this point, I'm going to consider slapping on a general warning. Listen to the nice admin, folks, I'll quote it again.

I would prefer if the thread could be directed away from speculation and/or picking sides.
I doubt anyone wants this thread to turn into a back and forth argument over what we've said, which I worry this is heading to. Ok? Ok. Keep calm, carry on.

gettinthere

Reaction score
As I thought of it im actually not surprised he was demoted and banned, Why?
1. He raged at people instead of asking for them to stop
2. Being rude and disrespectful to players/ lower ranks
You sincerely need to stop mate

Guys, guys. We all know how hard Dead slammed on people when he didn't simply like them.

Can we also get a lock? People keep regurgitating info.

paceboys

Reaction score
There is a weekly meeting on our teamspeak server(ip is ts.blocktopia.net). It's hosted every Friday at 6 PM, EST(Gmt -5). Community and server news is announced there, along with any staff promotions/demotions.
Who will be Mr. Meeting Man? Malc?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Zelz and LizzzyxD

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
WHAT. WAT. Is it that Dead decided to leave?!
He was globally banned :(.
This is reason:
Malcovent said:
Deadl0ck, has been removed from the community for a number of instances of inappropriate conduct.

We understand that this may come as a shock to many members of our community. I understand that many might wish for clarification on what exactly occured, but I also hope you understand due to the sensitive nature of such an event we cannot discuss such a matter at this time.

• Thank You
Reactions: LizzzyxD
Status
Not open for further replies.