IC Wonderful Minds

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Isaac

I stared at the guy for a few moments with an expression that most people would save only for the guy that runs in the classroom naked, urinates on the teacher's desk, tries to chew on a few notebooks that unsuspecting students have left lying around and leaves, all the while screaming something like BLURGHRULRLRGU (I used the look on many other occasions as well, though, so nothing personal). Then I turned away, getting a better look at the world around me.

There might have been a few floating islands way across the field, far across in the distance, just above the horizon. I wasn't sure at that distance, even with my glasses. Some of the pillars seemed to have carvings in them, so delicate and complex I wasn't sure if any man could make them in the real world. Others seemed to be smooth, so smooth as if the molecules themselves had been cut in half to make the surface less bumpy. I thought I saw people near the pillars as well, but since they were pretty far as well - much closer than the horizon, sure, but still pretty far - I wasn't too sure.

I gathered my focus on the stranger sitting next to me again. I studied him closely, my eyes still squinting, burning with a blaze of scepticism, until I finally stopped my evaluation and said, rather bluntly: "I don't know you."

The stranger only blinked, the blank face left no doubt he had not a single clue what I was talking about. "I have never seen you," I continued. "I have never seen anyone like you, in my dreams, in my school, on the street, nowhere. So you better tell me who the hell you are and why the hell you're in my dream, my dream, where everything is controlled by my brain and my memories. You shouldn't exist in my dreams, so why do you?"

((CaffeinatedKitty))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I look over my shoulder at Alex. "Hmm? Okay." Watching her run off, I turn back around and look at Pierre. "So, Pierre, since you seem so bent on waking up, how do you suggest we do it?" I can't mask some of the disgust from my voice, and I mentally slap myself. "Sorry, that was rude, I'm just a little jealous of you princes and all your freedoms. I really don't know how to get out, but I'm sure that if you just give it time, you'll wake."

(( Ansoro2112 ))

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Pierre got a little bit annoyed at Lucas statement. He was tired of people judging him for being a prince. If he only knew it was the opposite of freedom. "Lucas, if I were to be honest, I don't really know if I want to wake up." He looked down at the floor. "You know, being a Prince isn't synonym of having a perfect life." He then looked him straight into his eyes. "Trust me, my life isn't perfect. Not one bit. Its far away from that."

He then noticed how Alex ran off. "Did I said something that upset her?"

(( S_swimmer ))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'm surprised by Pierre's statement about his life. I make a note in my mind to ask him about it later. "Um, I don't think you did. You barely even said anything before she ran off." I hesitate. "Should we go after her? I mean, like... I don't know, what if it's private?"

(( Ansoro2112 ))

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
"I do think we should go after her." -Pierre said. He knows that feeling of being alone. All he wanted was someone to be there for him. But that never happened. He doesn't want that girl to go through what he's been through. "Perhaps you go first. I'll follow you. Since you've been with her more time than me and maybe you know her a little bit better."

(( S_swimmer ))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
"Alright, let's go." Leading the way, I head out in the direction where Alex ran off.

◊•◊•◊
When we get to a large, circular clearing, I see Alex laying facedown on the ground. I curse myself for not going after her. My walking breaks into a sprint. "Alex! Are you ok!?"

(( Ansoro2112 Toiletprincess ))​

G

Guest35486

Syndra crawled to the other side of the pillar to hide as two more people ran over, shouting something about a certain Alex. Was that the girl's name? The headache was starting to fade. Syndra sighed in relief and studied the setting. If she wasn't so confused and there weren't people everywhere, this would have been one of her better dreams. Well, it was still better than the usual. Why are there people here anyways?

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"I..." I don't really know what to say for a moment. Are people supposed to know everyone in their dreams, really? "I could say the same for you. And every other person in my dreams." I say quietly, flatly. His hostile tone and expression are starting to make me a little uncomfortable, though, and I edge back half a step. I'm not so sure of myself any more...
"I-I don't know why we're in the same dream. From my point of view, you're the random person here." I cross my arms, though to be frank, it's more of a defensive gesture than an argumentative one. I don't know what this guy thinks of me, but I'm quite sure it's not too good. "I... Don't see why you're getting so angry, either way."
((Enderfive))

Mia

Reaction score
Kaitlyn squeaked, head snapping quickly to the cough she heard, a stranger waving at Katie and herself. Hugging her bear close she darted behind her sibling, staring at the stranger from behind her. "Y-You deal with it... I-I don't w-wanna..." she mumbled quietly, though knew her sister would hear her. 'A person.. I don't want other people to come... not more...' she thought, hugging her bear slightly closer, then loosened her grip, 'Maybe I shouldn't squeeze the stuffing out of you, Rinto.' she thought, looking down at the brown bear.

Katie watched as her sister hid behind her, she signed behind her back, 'what am I supposed to do?' She looked at the man, up and down, he was much older and taller, she was intimidated by the man, and pretty scared. Her mother had always told the two to stay away from strangers, and signalled behind her back, 'I don't wanna talk to him...' She gave the man a shy wave, "H-hi..." She whispered, standing there for a few minutes before plucking up the courage to say quietly, "Please don't hurt us..." She gripped her teddy, waiting for the man's response.

(( Fiestaguy ))

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
"Hurt you?" the man shifted his weight onto his other leg, crossing his arms "Why would I want to hurt you?" he had to do his best to suppress the smirk that was threatening to appear on his face. The word 'Liar' echoed in his mind. "Why are you sitting like this?" it was when he finished his question that he saw the other people nearby. "Oh, them." 'Those might prove a... problem.' "Who are you two kids, anyway?"

((avis night fluffy (fury) Mia ))

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Isaac

"Not angry, just trying to make sense of this." My mind was racing, calculating the possibilities, the logical and illogical all alike. If he said I was the stranger... this was definitely no normal dream. In a normal dream, everyone would know who you are, since you yourself know who you are. Dreams are only memories, jumbled up together to form an everchanging, highly illogical story that jumps from one setting to another without you even realizing it. Finally I decided to play nice.

I looked back at the muscular guy in front of me and tried my best not to be intimidating. Maybe I had sounded too angry and he didn't look like he liked it too much, besides, I wanted to know what the heck was going on. "So, if you're not someone I know and I'm not someone you know, then how did we end up in this dream together?" I pause for a moment to gather my thoughts before continuing: "How did you get here? Did you just fall asleep or...?"

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"Yeah, I was just going to take a nap and then..." I gesture at the landscape around us. "I'm here." I figure he might want to know, so I continue, "I've never had a dream like this before."

He's calmer, at least... I think, Maybe he wasn't trying to come off as hostile?

"Though..." I hesitate, reaching up to rub my forehead. Naturally, though, any wounds are gone. "I wasn't... In the best condition."

Only now do I start to worry. I thought I was fine... But then again, head injuries are tricky, and that did feel like a pretty hard hit...

Quickly, I shake my head, trying to get away from that train of thought, and look at him helplessly. "I don't know. I don't know what this is."
((Enderfive))

Mia

Reaction score
More questions.. Kat was annoyed she didn't like to be asked anything, or say anything to anyone but her sister at all, plus the man looked scary. "Because..." She was mumbling quietly and refused to look at him, instead staring at the ground, "I don't wanna talk to you." She turned around to face her sister, Lets go sit on the grass and play by ourselves, she signed quickly, glancing at the man before running off with her sister to the lush grass, which was only a short walk away.

Kaitlyn didn't enjoy the questions the man asked, nor the bad feeling she got from being near him. Though she pretty much had a bad feeling about everything currently. Except her sister. 'By ourselves...? I'd like that... but... what if he follows us? Don't you get a bad feeling from him?' she asked, following her sister to the grassy area, signing as best she could, soon adjusting her hold on Rinto, glancing at his soulless black eye for a moment. I even get an off feeling from you, somehow, Rinto.She thought as her gaze crossed the bears.

'A bad feeling? I don't know but mum says don't trust strangers...'
She sat down, placing her teddy next to her, and fiddled with the grass, "I don't want to talk to anyone ever again. He was scary." She added looking back at the man. "What you wanna do now?" She fumbled with her teddy, "Let's adventure!" She smiled and got up waiting for her sisters reply.

(( Fiestaguy they ran away <3))

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
She hears a yell of worry as the boy, Lucas, comes running towards her. "Mmph?" she questions, her voice muffled by both the grass and her thick hair. She rolls onto her back, looking up at the concerned boy. "Oh I-I'm fine," she stutters, sitting up suddenly and looking around for the Prince Pierre boy.
Run.
No.
Do it. Run.
I don't want to.
You know you want to.
No, no they're nice they haven't done anyhing to me.
These people, they're not real.
Th-this isn't a dream, they are real.
They're fake.
No
They're liars
Shut up.
They're going to hurt you.
NO!
No one likes you.
"SHUT UP!"she shrieks, voice breaking and holding her head. Realising the sound was uttered aloud, she looks at the boy towering above her and shrinks in on herself, curling up. "I-I'm s-sorry," she mumbles in a soft, quiet voice.

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
'I should've broken their legs when I had the chance.' He let out a sigh, "Next time..." he mumbled to himself, turning to the group of strangers, before seeing another figure in the corner of his eyes, slumped over near a pillar. 'She's alone, hmm.' it surprised him that he hadn't even thought about where he is- or why he is there. Was he seriously focusing just on other people? Looking at the group of people, he sprinted over to another pillar, his leather shoes not making any noise on the grass. Hoping he didn't see them, he stops at a pillar near the other girl. She wore a white dress-shirt with a tie over it. "Hello." he said, his voice as quiet as before, as the remnants of his headache slowly came back again.

((Claireblarfeujrgiejorgjoei))

G

Guest35486

Syndra glared at the approaching man. She had been focusing on listening to the trio behind her that she did not notice him until he was in her vision. The black-haired girl stood up.
"And who are you?" she asked, keeping her hostility and frustration (from the fading headache and her failure to notice the intruder) out of her voice.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Isaac

Sage had no idea where we were, just like me. If I wanted answers, I would've had to move out. Just to provide him something to think of as well, I said: "Interesting. I was hit by a car, you see. I woke up here." Two heads are better than one, after all. Maybe he would think of something I hadn't.

"Look, I'm gonna go to the pillars. I believe I saw some other people there. Maybe they know what's going on." Without waiting for Sage, I turned and started walking.

((CaffeinatedKitty))

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
The sun shone through as Poppy drew back the curtains.

"What a beautiful day!" She thought, smiling slightly as she watched children playing below. She walked over to her desk, singing softly as happy thoughts raced through her mind.

"Today is going to be great! I can just feel it!"

She sat down on a pretty little chair in front of her, peering at the papers stacked neatly upon the desk. Suddenly, she realised that this day wasn't going to be so great after all. There appeared to be a lot of work that needed to be completed, but she was hesitant to do so. Beside the papers was a tiny little black pen. She reached for it, staring at the wall infront of her.

She sighed, "doing work on a Sunday? Thats never going to happen.."

Poppy thought for a moment. If she didn't get this done, then she'd really be in trouble tomorrow. She began to panic, she couldn't deal with being humiliated or getting even more behind with her work than she already was. The thoughts in her head were racing - her breathing became heavier. Tears trickled down her cheeks and dripped onto the paper in front of her. All she wanted was for this to stop!
She reached towards the shelf on her right. She turned her head and stared, there on the shelf was a bottle. It was her prescription. Without thinking, she grabbed the bottle, opened the cap and tipped the contents into her mouth.

After a few minutes had passed, her vision began to get blurred and she smiled. The thoughts had stopped and she finally felt at ease.

"I think I may just have a nice little nap" She thought, pushing herself up. She took one step, and then
collapsed onto the floor - unable to see or hear anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Poppy slowly opened her eyes and sat upright. Her eyes widened as she realised she was no longer at home. She looked around quickly.

"Where am I...?"

Ahead of her was a large and beautiful castle, with pillars that seemed to tower quite high. There were small islands that connected to the castle with little bridges, and each island had what looked like little villages upon them. Were there people up there? She could hear voices, but couldn't quite figure out where they were coming from. She stood up and looked around again, trying to make sense of the scenario she was in. Wherever she was, it seemed to be nice and peaceful. In the distance to her right, she spotted what looked like a young girl. She had brown hair and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

"She looks friendly, maybe I could go and talk to her? I don't know.. What would I say?"

Poppy didn't know what to do. She really wanted to go and meet this girl but she was afraid. She had always found talking to people difficult. Especially people she didn't know.

((Jenben101))

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Thoughts whizzed around my head... I couldn't quite understand where I was. I looked around wondering how could I get out of this place? When I spotted a girl... She had long pink hair and wore a blue top, Black jeans and small black boots. I watched her.She watched me. I rubbed my eyes just in case she was a hallucination but as soon as my eyes opened again she still stood there...watching me with those beautiful green eyes. I thought to myself "Should I walk over to her? or stay here and wait?" I couldn't decide so I just stood there with a stern eye. We watched each other for a long time...Wondering....what to do. I thought she would turn into a cloud of bats and fly away...She was very pale, I figured that gravity didn't apply to this place...Maybe supernatural things would exist?

((Miyako))

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
The girl rubbed her eyes and stared at Poppy. She looked confused. Poppy stared back, trying to decide what to do.

"It would be nice to have a friend... I'll just do it!"

She walked forward, taking her time as she worried more and more with every step. She put her hands in her pockets and looked to the floor. After a few more steps, she stopped and looked up. There the girl was, still staring at her. Poppy forced out a smile and squinted her eyes slightly. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing would come out.

"What shall I say? What should I do? This girl must think i'm really weird..."

She began to shake as the nerves built up inside her.

((Jenben101))

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Isaac

Sage had no idea where we were, just like me. If I wanted answers, I would've had to move out. Just to provide him something to think of as well, I said: "Interesting. I was hit by a car, you see. I woke up here." Two heads are better than one, after all. Maybe he would think of something I hadn't.

"Look, I'm gonna go to the pillars. I believe I saw some other people there. Maybe they know what's going on." Without waiting for Sage, I turned and started walking.

((CaffeinatedKitty))
Isaac doesn't wait for me to respond before he turns. Watching him walk away, I shift my weight to one foot. Was he? I hope his real self's alright... That would be a sucky way to die. But then...

Grimacing, I rub my head again. Same with being taken down by a hit on the head.

Fidgeting where I stand, I look around. This definitely doesn't look like a normal dream. It's kind of... It takes me a moment to find the right word. Celestial. And at least in my and Isaac's case, we were injured before ending up here... That makes me kind of nervous. Everyone here... We couldn't all be dead, could we?

G

Guest35486

Syndra stared at the offered hand but did not take it. After a pause, she looked at his face.
"You look old. Older than the others I've seen."

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I take a step back, completely thrown off by Alex's outburst. She curls up and mumbles an apology. I hesitate on what to do next, unsure if I should be near her. "U-um..." I shake the confusion out of my head. "No, it's fine, don't worry about it. Are you ok, though? Here." I offer my hand to help her up.

(( Alex ))

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I watched this girl who had just walked up to me. I didn't want to make a fool of myself but there she was with a beautiful smile across her face. I Felt warm in her company like she was a warm fire during the winter and I was sitting warming myself. I tried to speak but thoughts still whirled around my head. Anyways I always was bad at talking to other physical human beings and even if I did... I'd probably say the wrong thing and loose the only human being I had seen in this world.

(( Miyako ))