The Speedo
Reaction score

"I close my eyes and drift away,
Into the magic night I softly say.
A silent prayer, like dreamers do,
Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you."
-Roy Orbison

◊•◊•◊

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wonderful Minds[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] is a roleplay that takes place in the real world in modern times.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dreams are wonderful places. They are full of adventure and mysteries that break the rules and bounds of the normal world. They are truly mysterious phenomena. Some people try to escape the world in their dreams. Some need help from them. One night, 14 people go to sleep and find themselves in the same lucid dream. They are of various ages, genders, relations, ethnicities, appearances and pasts. It is not too soon until they realize that they are trapped in this dreamscape. They begin to work together to escape the dream, but first they need to answer the cryptic questions that have appeared with this strange occurrence: What are these dreams? Why are they there? Why are they connected? And, most importantly,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]How can they fix themselves?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]◊•◊•◊[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Like most roleplays, there is a loose goal for Wonderful Minds. The main objective is to escape the dream world by figuring out the truth of the dreams and their connection to each other. However, another underlying objective is for each character to “fix” themselves. There is a requirement that each character must have some problem or broken part of their life: it could be bullying, depression, grief, anger, lack of freedom - anything. Throughout the course of the roleplay, each character should see the representation of their problems in some of the dreams and use them to overcome their problems in real life (when they are liberated).[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Wonderful Minds[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] will take place in various scenes of lucid dreams. Because everybody knows that it is a dream, it is possible to “control” these dreams to an extent. It will be hard to create various dreamscapes and to work together with such different people, so it might take a lot of discussion (there will be a separate OOC thread as well). In addition to the dreams and such, there will also be nightmares; so there might be some survival parts of this RP as well. The Dreamscape is an open world, and characters will enter it as they join the roleplay. Special roles rooted in the real world (relatives, etc.) will be roleplaying in the real world; they will NOT know what is happening in the dream.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]You CANNOT control another person's character without permission. If you want a certain character to do something, talk to that player and discuss it before writing anything.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Separate OOC thread can be found here[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]◊•◊•◊[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]When requesting to be a character, you should try your best to fill out information on the character as much as possible, especially since characters will be based on the real world. Some examples of information you should include is the character’s gender, age, appearance, and location. You must include, however, the problem in their life that they must fix. I fully respect anyone’s privacy in wanting to keep certain information about their character a secret from the other roleplayers - if this is the case, PM me your character bio and I will approve or disapprove of it personally.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]With the consent of any Dreamer, you may choose to be a side character - but you must have some relation to one of the Dreamers (you can’t just be a random pop star who’s writing about making a living while having 0 interaction with any Dreamers), with the exception of the narrator, who will be narrating various small details in the real world.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Here is our current lineup:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dreamers[/BCOLOR]
S_swimmer - Lucas
Toiletprincess - Alexis (Alex)
Fiestaguy - Tyrone
Jenben101 - Audrey (Addy)
Mia - Katie Kagami (Kat)
avis night fluffy (fury) - Kaitlyn Kagami (Kait)
Clairebluh - Syndra
Ansoro2112 - Prince Pierre
Enderfive - Isaac Jules Myridge
CaffeinatedKitty - Sage
Infected_alien8_ - Markus
Miyako - Poppy
Faliara - Elysia
[BCOLOR=transparent]Special roles[/BCOLOR]
S_swimmer - Narrator​

Last edited:
Reactions: MiyakoWolf and Naoh

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thump Thump. Thump Thump. The only sound is the rapid booming of my heart in my ears. The shuffling of the sheets as I try to adjust myself. This way, that way. It all hurts.
My body aches. The hardness of tears settling like paint on my cheeks. Bruises. Bruises and cuts litter my tender flesh. I hurt, I hurt so much. Pain throbbing, throbbing unrelentlessly in my head. Fatigue overwhelms me, but how can I sleep? My eyes close but my heart still thumps and my mind still races. Memories, horrible unforgiving memories shoot through my brain like knives, over and over. Words like razors cut into my soul, carving a place there forever as they've imprinted themselves upon my skin. Again and again and again. It never stops. Learning to shut it out is hard, almost impossible. The mocking cries. Laughter and language spat and sneered and scowled. So many words, an entire vocabulary burnt into the back of my head, a smoking spark that could blow at any time. Useless, trash, worthless. Die, die, die. Every night the words come back, haunting me as whispered air on my lips. Every night, I go through the same thing, the same memories, always. I pop pills into my mouth, one, three, five, eight. A few lingering moments go by before the world goes black.

She opened her eyes to a place completely unknown. She brushed her hair out of her face, examining her arms and hands. Nothing. Only scars, scars and thoughts. She lifted a hand to touch her face, still nothing. No pain. She propped herself up on her elbows, looking around. Where was she? Was she dead? Did it work? Shakily, she stood, pushing her glasses up her nose as they begin to slide down. "Hello?" She called, presumably to anyone around but really she just wanted to hear what her voice sounded like in this strange, foreign place. It was the same. "Hello?" She called again, looking around with a soft frown on her face, "What the fuck.." She muttered, rubbing the back of her head in confusion, "I better go find someone." With that, she began to walk. Where? She didn't know, but she felt oddly isolated and needed to know someone else was out there.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Another day, plastered to the hospital bed. My brown hair clings to my face in sweaty, tangled strands. A couple perch themselves on my eyelids. I attempt to bring my arm to wipe my bangs off my face when Emily bursts through the door in a grand entrance.

"Lucas," she pants, "Please avoid any -" she runs toward the bed - "strenuous -" she brings her arm down - "movements!!!" She slams her palm down on my forehead and furiously wipes my hair aside.

"Owww," I whimper in a weak voice. I let my arm fall back to my side under the warm sheets.

Emily is my nurse. She's... eccentric, to say the least. Also a bit clumsy. But she's very caring, and she became one of my best friends at the hospital. Since I was 3 years old, they'd discovered a terminal disease in my body. Ever since then, I was in the hospital. No friends, no playing, no freedom. I've barely even been allowed to escape the bed. I feel like a trapped animal. Fed bland food enough to be healthy. Constantly being checked on. Needing everything to be done for yourself. That's the worst part. I can barely move. It's one of the reasons why Emily and I have become great friends - she's been doing everything for me, and I really respect her for it. She even has to help me go to the bathroom sometimes when my sickness acts up. Because of things like that, we both know we can trust each other 100%.

Through the open door, I catch a glimpse of a girl with black rectangle glasses, curly red hair, and piercings under her lips being hurried on a stretcher in the direction of the life support ward. Emily looks at me and grins.

"Her name's Alex," she tells me mischievously. "So, how would you rate her? 8? 9? I'd give her an 8 3/4." Emily's also a lesbian. I don't mind at all, but the male doctors seemed dejected when she told them.

"I don't like to judge by appearances," I say annoyedly. Emily does this all the time.

"I'm getting assigned to her, you know." She puts on a superior act.

"Oh, really?"

"Yea, she's getting put in the life support ward. When she wakes up, I'm gonna make my move."

"She looks 10 years younger than you. Have fun with that."

I hit a nerve. "Shut up!" She yells at me. I look to the right a couple times and try to nod my head in the direction of the door. A couple nurses and doctors have stopped to look into my room, their attentions grasped by Emily's outbursts. Embarrassed, she runs over to the door.

"A-anyway," she says quickly, "I just came to check up on you I'll have your breakfast soon wait there bye!!" Keeping her eyes on me and away from her colleagues, she fumbles for the doorknob and slams it shut behind her, bouncing off to get my food.

Sighing, I sink deeper into my pillow and close my eyelids for a short rest. I consider trying to have a dream while Emily is getting my food, but decide that she'll be back too soon. For some reason, I have a talent with lucid dreaming. They have grown to be my favorite pastime. Everything there feels so real, more so than this Godforsaken hospital room and its menacingly white walls. In my dreams, I can be anything I want to be. I can go anywhere. I can be a superhero, an adventurer, a warrior. Without the escape they provide me, I don't know if I would be able to stay sane being locked in here.

Suddenly, I feel a feeling in my body that I know all too well. Opening my eyes wide, I sit up immediately and begin coughing, hacking. I cup my hand over my mouth, but warm fluid begins to drip through the cracks between my fingers. I watch as dark red drops splatter onto the stark white sheets. My vision begins to blur and tip and my body overwhelms with pain. A ringing begins in my ears that grows louder and louder. Before I pass out, I hear the door open and Emily's muffled voice yelling, "Lucas! Lucas!" I tip over and fall to my side as my vision fades to black.

◊•◊•◊​

My eyes open to a wide, blue sky. Grass tickles at my legs and arms, which have a newfound strength in them. Another dream, I think, smiling. I get up and take a look around. Large, stone pillars extend into the sky, marked with cryptic inscriptions. The sun shines incredibly bright, casting warm yellow light onto the whole scene and giving it a dreamlike appearance – naturally, since it is one, after all. The ground is littered with green grass and vibrant flowers.​

I look down and feel around for what I'm wearing. This time, for some reason, I'm only wearing a simple red shirt and jeans, both of which don't seem to be in the best condition. I'll have to change that later. I look around more, a small smile resting on my lips. I'm excited to solve the mystery in this area that my mind has created for itself.

As I'm looking around, though, I see a bit of red poking out from behind a pillar. I walk a little to the side and peer around the side. Suddenly, my heart skips a beat and I gasp. There she is – the girl from the hospital. Alex. Fear gushes into my bloodstream. I've never seen another person in one of my dreams before. And I don't even know this person. Who is she? Why the fuck is she here? I begin to doubt the fact that this is my dream. Just where am I?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jubjubers
Reaction score
Screeching tires, yells, horrified gasps from those on the streets, finally, a loud crash, metal warping and twisting, becoming mangled as a car collided with a large truck. The small body of a girl in the back of this car was thrown around, as she had been playing with her seatbelt, and unbuckled it, at the worst moment. Yells where heard, though it was all muffled as the girl cried, her leg... it shouldn't bend like that. She couldn't move... she felt like she would die. In the distance, sirens blared. The side of the car was mangled beyond recognition, the two people in the front, a male and female in their late thirties, where also mangled. Blood spattered about, and the airbags had failed, though they wouldn't have done anything. She looked at where her sister was, eye's widening for a moment in shock and horror... was she? She opened her mouth, though no words came out, making her cry more. The female, Kaitlyn, had every reason to cry. Her sister looked dead, her father wasn't moving, nor her mother and pain filled her, everything hurt... mostly her leg, and head... blood poured from the small girls head, black spots freckled her vision as she cried, people watching on as an ambulance arrived.

Beep... beep... beep...

Dull beeps brung Kaitlyn out of her state, though her mind was clouded, confused. As though selective memory had taken place. She couldn't remember what happened, and if she was being honest.... she didn't know if she wanted to. Though, that was short lived, as flashes of the crash came forward, Kaitlyn held her head, closing her eyes. "Stop, stop, stop!" she cried quietly, shaking her head, causing the headache to become worse. No sooner had the memories flooded back had they left, allowing the small freckled girl to register her surroundings. That's when it hit her. 'Where's Kat?!' she thought, looking around. Her eye's widened, the heart rate monitor sped up, a nurse coming in, making her lay back down, the small girl struggling against it, though it was hopeless. "Keep still!" the nurse muttered, Kaitlyn stared blankly at her, "Where's Kat!? I wanna see Kat!" she cried, hoping the memories of the crash to be false. What would she do without her twin?
After a slight struggle [and half a temper tantrum] with the nurse, the was taken by wheelchair to her sisters room, nurse waiting around before she was called off, leaving the siblings alone.
Kaitlyn stared at her sister's sleeping form, hugging half of a bear close to herself as she registered what had happened, a few tears soon turned into a waterfall, crying and choked sobs emitting from her small form. Eye's closed, she hugged the half bear tightly to her chest as her body shook with sobs. A nurse came in, attempting to calm her down.
Ignoring the nurse, Kaitlyn dragged herself, limping slightly, while attempting to ignore the pain, struggling a little though managing to climb into her siblings bed, clutching her half of the bear.

Mia

Reaction score
They were on their way to school, like most other days. The girls were wearing dresses that differed in colour, but looked the same and clutched their teddy at their sides. As they stopped at the lights Kat watched the cars in front drive past, counting them as they went, "one.. two.. three.. four.." the lights changed and the car jolted forward, Kat watched her father as he turned the steering wheel. She looked out the window, a truck... Her heart raced she couldn't do anything she was stuck in her chair and could only let out a small whine as the truck slammed into her side of the car. The sound was deafening as the car was crumbled, the last thing she heard was the sirens starting up, then everything was gone, silence filled the air.

Last edited:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Lucas; Alex

The red-haired girl looked around in awe, her usually sad demeanor lighting up as she takes a proper look at the world she's been introduced to. Elegant pillars reach up into the sky which is blue, the bluest sky she's ever seen. Placing a hand on a pillar, she looks at it and follows it with her eyes right up into the heavens. "Wow," she mutters airily, an wonderstuck smile on her face, "This is beautiful."

I watch her as she rests her fingers lightly on one of the pillars, tracing it upward with her eyes. I feel a slight twinge of invasion of privacy, but I dismiss it immediately. I still don't know if this is my dream anymore. I bite my lip, thinking of what to do. After a while, I decide to walk up to her. It's the only way of getting answers. With a nod, I walk briskly out into the open and begin stepping towards the mysterious girl. "Hello?" I call.

The girl turns slighly, resting her intensely green eyes on the boy, staying relatively silent. She stepped backward slightly and softly called back, "Hi?"

She seems kinda timid, I think. I immediately feel bad and redirect my approach. "Sorry," I say in a friendlier tone, "but who exactly are you?"

"Uhhhh.." She looks around and fiddles with her hands, "um, I'm Alex.. Who are you?" She nervously tucked a strand of her bright red hair behind her ear and pushed up her glasses, looking at the floor.

"Nice to meet you," I say with a smile, as though I didn't already know that. "I'm Lucas." She certainly doesn't seem to be a figment of my imagination - something about her makes me able to tell that. She feels more alive. I consider my next question. "You know where we are, right?"

She frowns at the question, biting her lip. "No I thought I was dead before I--" Immediately, she slapped her hands over her mouth and turned pale, "I-I m-me-an this l-looks li-ike a d-dead la-and right?" She mentally slaps herself and feels the need to stomp her foot in annoyance.

My eyes expand. I put the pieces together and I realize why she was put in the hospital. "No, no, don't worry," I say quickly and soothingly, "you're not dead. Everything's ok. You're going to be alright. We're just in a dream."

She hung her head, dropping her hands limply to her sides. "Yeah..," She muttered, scuffling at the ground with her shoe. Somehow it looked like the attempt at reassurance did the opposite. "And all dreams have to end right?" She asked rather miserably, offering a small smile and rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

"You don't want to wake up?" I ask.

"U-uh," She stutters, fiddling with her hands, "I wasn't really, uh, planning to be able to."

I frown, almost a bit angry. Nobody should waste their free life like that. It makes me sad. "I see," I say. "Life must be rough. Thing is, I'm a little fine with not waking up either." I smile. "So we're friends in that regard."

She gives a crooked smile before straightening up and looking around. "Do you think there are others?" She mutters, looking around at the place, "and is it possible to both just be dreaming or..?"

"I don't know any other explanation," I tell her. "But I've never heard of people being connected in the same dream. I have no idea what's going on - it scares me a little, you know? And there might be others - who knows. But I don't feel like scouring the entire world for other people right now."

"So.. what should we do?" She asks, glancing around, "this place is really pretty though."

I smile, taking it as a compliment. "Well, for now, we could just hang here." I hold out my hand. "You may not know this, but I happen to be a Veteran Dreamer. Here, I'll show you something."

She blinks, a little bit hesitant to take his hand, but what could the harm be? Taking his hand, her grip gentle and soft, she turns up the corners of her mouth slightly, "Okay.."

I laugh a little. "You're not going to be able to hold on with that kind of grip." I let go and grab her wrist, holding on tightly. "Sorry, but I can't have you fall on me." Concentrating for a little, I bring immense power to my legs and make both our bodies lighter. With a great thrust, I jump.

We soar through the air at frightening speeds, G-force tearing at our faces. I close my eyes and feel the adrenaline, the wonderful adrenaline, something that I can only experience here. After a while, we finally land lightly on top of one of the pillars - as I thought, it did not go on forever.

The colour drains out of her face as she realises what he's going to do. "Wh-" She begins before the ground lifts from beneath her and she grips tightly onto his arm with both hands as they soar upwards. Her head spins as he lands them atop of one of the tall pillars and she looks down, feeling lightheaded. "I-it's gor-rgeous-s," she stutters, sitting abruptly on the pillar to try to calm herself.

Laughing, I stumbled over to the edge and looked out over the fields with the sun cast out over everything like a blanket. Suddenly, I feel something rising within me. I can tell it's not emotion. "Oh shit," I say before opening my mouth and barfing over the edge. "This - fucking - sucks," I choke out between puke.

The reserved girl's first reaction is worry, but she finds herself holding back great waves of laughter as the boy pukes over the side of the pillar. "Veteran - dreamer -huh?" She lets out in between fits of laughter, and she just laughs harder as he comments in between his vomiting.

I roll over on my back and clutch my stomach, pointing a dramatic finger at Alex. "You shut up," I gargle. Finally spitting the last of the foul substance out and coughing, I stand up and regain my composure. I let out a short, heavy sigh. "Remind me not to do that again."

She nods as the words "shut up" and a dramatic finger are directed her way, but can't help but let out a small pent up giggle as her end. "Will do," She replies, throat still choked with pent up laughter.

"Pretty cool, though, isn't it," I say proudly, staring out at the beautiful view.

She nods, "Yeah.."

• Haha

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
"Son, your driver is waiting for you outside for your cricket practice!" -Pierre's mom yelled from downstairs. Near the castle's main entrance.

Prince Pierre began to shake a little bit. He hated that class. Every guy there, was unbeliavably mean to him. They constantly were calling him names. Pushing him. Laughing at him. The never told his parents what was going on. Because they always gave him the same answer: "You're a Prince. Handle it like a man." That advice didn't helped Pierre at all. He had no idea how to handle it. He just stayed quiet. Wishing the class to be over soon.

"I'm not going." -Pierre said while yelling from his room.

"Young boy! You better come here in this same instant!" -His mom kept screaming.

"No!" -Pierre said. Surprised he was going against his mom's command. He hated to be treated like a kid. He was 21 already. He was supposed to be away for College. But his parents didnt even let him move out for College. Because they wanted to avoid him going to parties, getting drunk, doing crazy things. He needed to be eductaed correctly. So he was homeschooled.

Prince Pierre heard his mom's heals. As she made her way upstairs. Pierre quickly got up his bed and closed his two huge room doors. Locking them. His mom began knocking the doors.

"You better open these doors right now or I'll call your father!" -Pierre's mom said sounding extremely angry.

"Oh no. Not father." -Pierre thought. He was worse than his mother.

"I won't repeat myself! Open the doors! NOW!" -She kept yelling.

Prince Pierre began walking backwards. Towards his bed. He lay down on his bed, into fetal position. He used his hands to cover his ears. To avoid hearing his mom scream. Everything went silent. He removed his hands. He looked at the doors. The yelling stopped. He stood up and got closer to the doors, placing his left ear to hear more closely.

"What's that noise?" -He thought to himself. "Oh no! Keys!" -He quickly got away from them and made its way to his balcony.

In that same moment, the doors opened. There he was. His dad. He used they keys to open his doors. And he was red of how furious he was. His mom was standing next to him.

"Pierre! Come here!" -His dad yelled as he walked towards him.

Pierre began to panic. He looked at his side just to see some vines in the wall. He quickly jumped into them and grabbed them. He planned to make its way down to the ground and run away from that place. But once he jumped, he looked down and he noticed how high he was. He'd forgotten how high the castle was.

"What are you doing!?" -Pierre's dad yelled from the balcony. Pierre could her her mom also yelling at him.

Shaking, Pierre began making its way down. But then, the vines began to peel off the wall. He began falling. Until his body hit the ground.

------------------------

Prince Pierre opened his eyes. Just to see around him this beautiful place. Elegant pillars everywhere. "Wh-ere am I?"- He thought to himself. He then looked up, he could see the silhouette of what it seemed to be two people. He stood up and yelled. "Hellloooo?!"

Last edited:
  • Haha

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I awoke this morning, Something didn't seem right. I could hear silence, The sweet sound of silence was rare for me so I tried not ruin it. I sat up and threw my bed covers away from my legs. I could hear my mother snoring next door, My parents haven't been sleeping with each other for months! I still don't understand why they cant get along. Is it because my father sits and watches the TV all day? Or is it because I'm not getting good grades? I just wish my mother would understand why I don't get good grades, It's all her fault. Every depressing part of my life is because of her...

I lifted myself out of the bed and stood up. My legs were bruised all over. I wish I didn't interfere with my parent's fights. Last night was horror, Shouting, Swearing, Punching, Kicking. It was all too much for me, I sat on my bed trying to read my book but the screams got louder and louder. I guess you could say I'm used to it. They've fighting since I was five. I remember the times when a fight was extremely rare...Peace all around, My parents would sometimes let me sleep with them but I cant now.

I could barely stand now. My legs shivering with fear, My eyes red with tears. I looked at my Taylor Swift pictures that were spread across the wall opposite from me. I slowly walked across to the window at the other side, I sad on the wide ledge with pillows and a blanket. Sometimes I would sleep there...It was further away from the shouting downstairs. Suddenly, I remembered it was a school day today and sighed. I always dreamed of being the rich popular girls...The ones who have a loving family. I walked over to my door and opened it. Bottles of wine were scattered across the hallway, Smashed. I stepped across the smashed bits of glass and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth...The mirror had stains of blood on it. I tried to wash the stains off. I slowly got dressed, Had my
breakfast and walked to school...

--------------------------------------------
As I walked out of the door, I slipped and hit my head on the ground.

I suddenly woke up, In a world. It had a beautiful castle with pillars towering high. From what I could see there was a few floating islands with houses, markets and shops on them. I stood up...Shaking, I could hear human voices but where were they? I could see bridges connecting each island. There was no way I could get up there without going inside. The bridges connected to this palace as it was much lower than the other islands. It was extremely clean...

Last edited:
  • Haha

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
I peel off my hoodie and abandon it on the floor, refusing to look at the back. I know there's going to be some sort of insult, some sort of slur, scrawled across it that I'll need to remove, but I don't think I could deal with another second of real life right now. It's just too much to deal with every day; everything being wrong, that is. Sure, the teachers get it right- they have to- and there are people that are truly supportive, but the vast majority are mocking and cruel.
There's no one here I can relate with here, no one to share the burden with.
I sit down hard on my bed, putting my face in my hands. Today was especially bad.
Flinching as my stinging fingers brush a rising bump on my forehead, I grit my teeth. Something sent him into a rage, someone spread a stupid rumor, and it's all taken out on me. I don't bother telling, because really, how much fuss would it take to get the school to actually do something?
A tear slides down my nose, dripping onto my pants, and I tangle my fingers in my bangs, trying to calm down. This isn't worth crying over, I know, nor is she, but it's all been bottled up for far too long.
I tip onto my back, rubbing my head. I know I should go clean up these scrapes, but even that feels like too much.
I close my eyes, exhausted. Sleep is a welcome distraction; my dreams have always been wonderfully vivid.
I let out a deep sigh and curl up beneath my blanket. Time to take a break.
I "wake" already standing up. The setting is quite unlike my usual dreams, but this doesn't bother me--maybe it'll end up being incredibly interesting. Looking around, I can feel already that I've changed.
Thankfully.
Around me are huge pillars. I run my hand down one; it's cool and unnaturally smooth. The sky it leads up to is unusually, beautifully blue, I realize, and smile up at it. No one can hurt me here, not really.
I wander for a few minutes before calling out, "Is anybody here?" Normally there aren't, but I figure with such an...unusual landscape, there probably are.
"Anyone?"
I continue calling out, but really, all I feel like doing is sitting down and basking in the feeling of everything being right.

• Haha

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Isaac

The night was cold, but I didn't really care. There wasn't anything better to do at home, either, so I had come out, in the rain, for a walk. Not even sure why I did that. I'm not exactly a guy to go nuts over fresh air or trees or nature or anything like that. Mostly I just stay in my room behind my computer, trying to find something interesting on the internet. There's nothing, though. It's all pointless, aimless.

I wasn't sure how long I had walked. I was soaked, that was sure. I didn't even flinch when the next car drove past and splashed rainwater all over me, there wasn't any part of me that wasn't wet already, so there wasn't much point in flinching away from water, right? Mom tried to stop me from going out, she said there wouldn't be a single dry spot on me if I did. She looked pretty worried about me. But I didn't care. I don't care. Not a thing in this world could make me feel happy. Not after what I did.

Another car splashed me. That's when I got the idea. I would finally get rid of the guilt, I'd finally get my punishment. Maybe I'd even have friends in my next life, if there was such a thing as a next life. I looked for headlights coming my way. Sure enough, there was a truck coming in my direction, fast. I wasn't entirely sure with all the rain, and I'd left my glasses home as well, but I felt pretty certain about it. I walked out onto the road, stopped right where the truck would hit me and turned myself so I'd face the headlights. The driver would probably think they'd run over a deer or something.

I jumped to the side two seconds before the truck would've hit me. I got scared, thought about mom. She'd be devastated if I di-

Headlights. Coming my way. I'd jumped in the other lane and there was a car. It was going to hit me. I had no time to react. I froze in place, unable to move, unable to think.

"Shit," I muttered before the silver sedan slammed into me.

***​

The sky was the deepest, most brilliant blue I'd ever seen. Great, almost majestic pillars rose into infinity, piercing the sky. I looked down at the grass and I knew this was how grass was supposed to be, this was right. I tried not to care, purely on the principle, but it was hard to stay apathetic. Maybe this was heaven? Had I really died?

Wait, had I really died?

I looked down to examine my body. Strange as it was, I couldn't really see it, or I could, but couldn't concentrate on it enough for my mind to register it. I lifted my right hand against the sun. It had six, no, four- it was hard to count the fingers.

This wasn't heaven. This was a dream. As soon as I realized that, my body fell in place, I had five fingers on both arms. But I didn't snap awake. What the hell was this, a coma dream or something?

"...body else here? Anyone?"

There was someone else here, probably some figment of my imagination, but I was curious to see what was going on, so I walked towards the voice. It didn't sound familiar, though.

Sure enough, there was someone there, sitting down in the grass and looking rather pleased with him- her- I frowned. Neither "himself" or "herself" felt right for some reason, although the person was pretty muscular. Not stopping to ponder about it long, I walked over to the person and said: "Hi."

((CaffeinatedKitty))

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net

All that could be heard were the empty, hollow thumping sounds originating from the door in quick succession. The man's eyes opened, and he looked over to his right. Over to the dead, mutilated corpse of a dog he found on the street the day before. Slow breaths raised the dog's stomach up and down. These were almost-certainly his last. The dark-reddish blood on it's light-brown fur had already dried, suggesting that the dog's wounds had closed. But the wet, red puddle underneath told otherwise.

Who could be at his door? His family? Animal protection services? The cops? The mental-institution psychiatrists to drag him off again? He's been re-habilitated, but that proved to be a 'horrible' mistake from the psychiatrists.

Whoever could be at his door, they'd have to wait. Drowsiness and the temptation of sleep dragged him back down...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The fuck a- augh FUCK." the man's eyes shot open as he sat up looked around. His panic only contributed to the horrible migraine that had somehow jumped up in his head. He put his hand to his head, slowly sinking back down, breathing slowly. After a while, he could finally open his eyes again without a stabbing pain shooting through his head. There wasn't much to see, just... pillars. "Where the heck am I?" the man called out, to no-one in particular. Ultimately, he couldn't muster the power to stand up yet... So he just leaned back again and feell back to 'sleep'.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"Oh- hi..." I mumble, looking up at the boy. I'm much more confident in this body, though, broader and just the slightest bit taller, so I stand and hold out my hand. "Hi," I say again, "I'm..." I pause for a moment. Though my body has never been quite right, and still isn't, I've never thought that I should change my name. "I'm Sage."
The boy is about my height, but much, much skinnier than me. He's not a threat, I decide, there's no way that he would even dare to mess with me. After all, though I'm not at all threatening in the real world, things in my dream worlds are certainly different.
"I don't believe I've ever seen you in a dream before. What's your name?"
((Enderfive))

Last edited:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
"Hellloooo?!" A clear call pierces my thoughts as I sit down, eyes closed, wind gently rustling my hair. I get up and scurry over to the edge on all fours, looking down to see a blond-haired man clad in a uniform that looks royal-like. Walking over to Alex, I grab her wrist and drag her toward the edge. "We're going down. I see someone." Giving her no time to protest, I pull her with me as we jump down, floating to a halt when we reach the bottom.

I look at the new arrival and ask, "Sorry to be blunt, but who are you?"

(( Ansoro2112 ))

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Pierre almost tripped back to the floor at seeing these two humans jumping down from an extremely high place and landing right in front of him.

"Wha-at?" -He said in a low but surprised tone. He stared at the red-haired girl and a brown haired guy. Not knowing what to say. He wasn't used to interacting with others. Since he never left his home. And when he did, people were rude to him.

"I-I am Prince Pierre." He paused for a second. "B-but you can call me Pierre." He said nervously. Thinking about if he should've avoided mentioning the ´Prince´ part. Since he knew that was one of the reasons people rejected him. But it was too late.

He looked down at the floor and back at them. "H-how did you guys do that? And what is this place? And who are you both?". He said without noticing how many questions he just asked.

(( S_swimmer Toiletprincess ))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I raise my hands up in protection. "Woa, woa, calm down." My eye twitches a little at the word Prince. I greatly detest royalty. They get to do whatever they want, roam freely, and they never have to worry about paying for anything or about anybody below them - which was everybody. But I know I shouldn't be so judgmental, so I give him a chance. "I'm Lucas. Dream extraordinaire. Nice to meet you. We're just in a dream, so don't worry."

(( Ansoro2112 Toiletprincess ))

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
"In a d-dream?"-Pierre said confused. He knew how much he loved to dream. It was his way of escaping his crappy reality and running away from his problems. But this seemed too... real.

"But, can we leave whenever we want to? And how are you here? I've always thought we dream about people we've seen before at some time in our lives. And I don't think I've met any of you before in my life." -Pierre said.

(( S_swimmer Toiletprincess ))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I scratch the back of my head. "That's the thing - it's weirding me out too. I've never seen anyone in a dream before, much less people I don't even know. As for leaving, well... I haven't really thought of that." I shuffle my feet awkwardly, suddenly not wanting to admit that I've given up on life.

(( Ansoro2112 ))

G

Guest35486

I hate dreams.

Syndra slowly pushed herself up on her bed. She immediately winced and grabbed her head as the usual headache presented itself. Falling back onto her pillow, she swung her arm at the table next to her bed, hoping to get her phone.
"Ow!" she muttered as she hit a beer can. The remainder liquid splashed onto the floor as the can fell noisily and rolled away. "Oh you absolute pancake."

She felt like throwing all the cans outside the window.

Rubbing her eyes, Syndra sat at the edge of her bed. Every time she woke up, she briefly wondered why she still drank. Each morning, her head felt like it was swimming in soggy cereal. But that was exactly why she drank.

The headache seemed worse than usual. She flopped back onto the bed. Dark spots started appearing in her vision. Perhaps she should just... rest a bit... more...
-----​
Syndra knew immediately that it was another dream. Cringing and curling into a ball, she waited for the voices. She felt something against her back and opened both of her eyes. Instead of threatening darkness, she saw bright skylight. Magnificent pillars rose into the sky. She stood up and studied her surroundings. Immediately, she heard voices. However, they were not the voices in her past dreams. They sounded... human and honest. She immediately ducked back into the cover of the pillar.

Who are they? Are they just individuals she made up in her mind? She could never be so creative and create such a diverse crowd, especially when she was having a hangover. The realization made the headache crash down once more.

"God daaaaammit," she muttered as she grabbed her head again.

Mia

Reaction score
Kat 'woke' up next to Kait, She wasn't sure where she was but there was no truck, no sign of her parents and no car. "Look Kait!" She pointed to some people standing a little ways off, "There is someone else!" She dragged her sister over to behind one of the pillars peeking out from the side of it, the people were obviously much older. They hid behind the pillar trying to be sneaky but then Kat sneezed, "uh oh.." She hoped she hadn't caught anyone's attention, they hated talking to people..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kaitlyn looked around at all the hospital equipment in the room. It was a wonder she hadn't been dragged out of the room... then again staring blankly at whoever passed or glanced in the room did deter them a little from coming in... sighing, she looked at her cast leg, well, at least now it was the correct way again. The noises in the hospital scared her, she'd much rather be at school, anywhere, just not here. Looking toward her sibling for a moment, she noted that Katie looked to be sleeping now, though she was awake a few moments ago.
Deciding she wanted to sleep also, mostly to pass the time, also because she didn't like the way the shadows would move around when she wasn't looking. Moving carefully so she didn't cause herself more pain then needed, she hugged her half of the bear tightly, welcoming sleep.

The dark haired brunette awakened, per say, in an odd place. Large, intricately designed pillars rose high into the sky around her, making her feel small, insignificant, even. Spotting her sister, she was quickly dragged behind one of the large pillars in an attempt to hide from them. Barely managing to snatch the half a bear she noticed [and recognized to be her half] as Katie tugged her behind a pillar to hide, she sneezed, Kaitlyn flinching slightly at the noise. "Uh oh..." her twin mumbled, Kaitlyn staring blankly at her, quickly signing [and struggling a little due to holding her half bear] something along the lines of 'Let's communicate like this for a while. We won't need to make noise that way.'

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Isaac

I was confident I'd never seen this guy either, in a dream or otherwise. My eyes squinted as I tried to make sense of a complete stranger invading my dreams. I looked at the small mountain of muscle that sat in front of me. The person was definitely stronger than I was, perhaps twice as wide, but definitely shorter as well.

"Isaac," I told the person with a sceptical look, like I didn't quite believe he- she- (uh, you get the point) was there. "Not to be rude or anything, but are you male or female? My dreaming mind is having a hard time putting you in either category, and I'd like to know which pronouns to use to save myself a headache."

((CaffeinatedKitty))

Last edited:

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
The red-haired girl freezes, staring in fear at the newcomer. She was beginning to get half-way comfortable with her new friend, and now suddenly she has to deal with someone else. Fear wells up inside, constricting her chest. For a majority of the conversation, she manages to oppress her feeling of suffocation but soon she feels herself getting light-headed. "U-uh," she breathes out, sucking in a deep breath, "I'll b-be right ba-ack." She rounds the large pillar, sitting herself on the ground as she begins to hyperventilate, shaking with terror. The more people there are, the more likely they won't like me. No one likes me. I've got to get out of here. Out of nowhere, she hears a soft sound, almost like a sneeze, but dismisses it as a slight shuffling of the grass in the wind. She stands shakily, getting her breath back and runs, as far from the towering pillars as she can into an empty field. She lets herself fall, her bright red hair splaying out like a stark, swirling pattern on the green grass.

G

Guest35486

Syndra frowned as she saw a flash of fire in the edge of her vision. Fire? She turned to see a girl collapsed on the grass near the next pillar. She had brilliant red hair and seemed to be around Syndra's age. She wondered if she should crawl to the next pillar to find out what was going on; but before she could even dismiss the idea, she was attacked by another headache.

"Thanks, headache, I totally needed that reminder. It's not like I am capable of thinking rational- Okay, maybe not right now, but I'm not that much of a useless waffle!" She grumbled angrily to herself.

She never understood how or why anyone would attempt to help others when they would just betray and step on their head. The black-haired girl wrapped her arms around her knees as she waited for the headache to fade. Helping others takes a lot of trust, she concluded. Something she probably lacked. Why are there people who harm the ones who try to help?

People are just utter tomatoes sometimes.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
When he woke up again, the first thing he noticed were kids. kids. 'The heck are kids doing here?' before he could stand up, his headache crashed down on him again.Although his head felt like an ice pick got driven through it - thrice -, he managed to stand up and lean against a nearby pillar. Slowly, he made his way over to the two smaller girls. One of them seemed to sneeze, the other made a... hand-signal? When he reached them, he opened his motuh to say something, but all that came out was a dry croak, followed by a cough. Being sure that they heard his cough just now, he waved at the victims kids.

((avis night fluffy (fury) Mia ))

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"I- uh..." I cringe, reminded of the world is only just escaped, but pass it off with a slight laugh. "Starting to feel like the beginning of a video game. I'm a guy."
At least it kind of makes sense. Maybe he's still adjusting to the fact that this is a dream? Who knows. Hopefully anyone else will be able to tell...