[serious] Why I think the dislike rating needs to be removed

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
Im surprised no one have rated the main post in this thread with a dislike rating...
You have no fucking idea how tempting it was. :p

Let me tell you a story. When I was 13 and Bebo was still in its hype I made a video of me and my best friend at the time dancing to Whitney Houstons "I wanna dance with somebody" AT THE TIME I thought I was the hot shit. So I uploaded it and in those days there was a way that if you fucked up you couldn't take down the video.

So I had an onslaught of people bullying me and making fun of me and IRL disliking my video.

I look back on it now and I think what an idiot I was. It was cringworthy but maybe thats because I'm now 22 and I would like to believe I've matured.

But people have a right to express their opinions. Cruelly or otherwise. You can't take that away from people sadly and although my two cents is that I can't stand that video. Ladies I've been in your position and the only way to deal with it is with grace and maturity. I stood my ground and it all died down. No-one remembers it now. As no-one will remember this incident in about an hours time.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Naoh and Hunter
W

Wimali

(i don't know what happened to the quotes and was unable to fix it, just try to ignore it eh)
Ah, so yes. You saw the little ramapage that I had.
I'd first up like to say, I went to the beach right after and on my way there as well as the whole damn time I was there, I felt guilty as fuck.
Ask Toilet if you want, when I got back to her house (where my computer was) I removed all of the ratings.

The situation that was involved with it, I am going to discuss with a few people and if said situation gets out of hand I will get an admin. But for now, I will just stay as mature as I can be, and try to be the bigger person in this.

I'm probably going to get a lot of people like "Why did you do it in the first place then?"
Because I was fucking upset. Toilet and I had a good time last night, and to see that it was HIDDEN because 6 people disliked it honestly broke my heart.

Also, Bram13 Could you please take the example photo down? I'm ashamed of my actions, and am on the verge of fucking leaving, because I feel that people are going to look down on me with harsh eyes.
I realize the dislike rampage probably happened without really thinking, and I feel bad for showing it to the “public”, partly because I consider you a good friend- but it was just the most recent example. I’m not going to remove it though. You & toilet screwed up, and apologized. That’s it. You apologized and learned from your mistakes, if people still look down on you that’s just silly, because it’s really sad if someone can’t make mistakes anymore. We all make mistakes, and I’ve made way more than the average Blocktopia user on here. I think most people understand what happened, and won’t look at you different for it. If they do, well then that’s just who they are.
There are good points to both sides, but can't we arrive at suggestions that can at least please both?
Maybe we could have the option to disable ratings when we start a thread?
Although I originally thought this was a good idea when I saw your post, after a lot of thinking about it I feel like it wouldn’t really solve anything. People would still be able to dislike random posts of other people, or dislike threads that don’t have dislikes disabled, etc. Might be a solution in very few cases, but I feel like it just wouldn’t be enough.

Answers to Mikey’s post are in the quote.
Time for a long Mikey response.
I'm not really sure where to start since I've been quite a user of the dislike rating. I have given more dislikes than any other rating. I actually do find the rating to be useful in instances and if used correctly. I don't randomly whack them out every time I don't like something. I've been on these forums for 2 years+ and only have given out about 70.

Yes, I also said that in the beginpost: The dislike rating is very useful and I’ve used it a few times myself as well. It’s just more mis/abused than properly used, and causes more hate or anger than anything else. Sure, you might dislike someone’s post to give them a message- “stop, you look silly, just stop doing that, look at what you’ve done and learn from your mistakes”, but that just never works. Just look at my first example: Member received dislikes, member proceeds to dislike one of the dislikers. What does this prove? Disliking someone’s post won’t do shit, but cause hate.

I dislike posts for a couple of reasons. Not just because I am too lazy to type up a comment explaining my reason. I'll dislike a post if it comes off rude, unnecessary, childish, or even stupid. Now, I find that a pretty acceptable use of the rating. I don't feel the need (or have the time to thoroughly explain each and every dislike.)

Now, I agree with you completely that this is a broken system. It truly is and there is no doubt about that whatsoever. The fact that people dislike because they see dislikes or just do it because they are angry and think with no reason whatsoever is quite annoying. It's honestly a deep let down for me to come here and see the community grow into something that cannot handle a simple dislike rating. I have even noticed that the same people repeatedly dislike my posts simply because they don't like me, I wouldn't doubt if they did it on this post too.

Mid-rant rant: The communities average age has been decreasing since 2011 and it's sometimes hard to get used to dealing with the maturity of a 13 year old than a 18 year old (how it used to be.) I have no problem with younger individuals at all, but when people cannot uphold the decency of being mature, that's when I get angry. (Or even dislike the immature/childish posts)

This is one of the reasons I created this thread. The fact that most of the members on this forums are quite young is an extremely important factor to this: They actually care if they get dislikes. It’ll make them angry, mad, or upset, and cause fights/dislike rampages/arguments/misunderstandings. Blocktopia isn’t as mature as it used to be, I’ve noticed that. Although I joined after the mature times, I can definitely see a different with the past when looking through old posts. And I know that younger members really care about dislikes, and even some older members.

And as Chillingworth brought up, it's a simple rating. We even changed the rating from "Dumb" to "Dislike" to reduce feelings being hurt. If anyone, anywhere in the world takes my dislike to the heart they are not suitable to be on the internet. if a little rating system offends them, they have no idea how much worse can be done or said. I find it hard to counter Malcovents argument because we all know it would happen. If the Dislike rating was removed, people would be much more hostile in the comments. It's a guarantee. It's a brilliant idea that if it were removed everyone would go ahead and post a nice, rational comment on why they don't like that content, but we all know it just would not happen that way.

I’m optimistic about that. Right now a lot of people just dislike a post, maybe because they just don’t like someone or because they think someone’s being stupid. But if the rating would be removed, I don’t think they’ll go ahead and insult that member in a post- Not permanent members, at least. Most of the people that most oftenly mis- or abuse this rating wouldn’t move their hate to the post, because they realize it would be looked down upon. And people that do insult etc. in a post? Honestly, I think they’d have done that anyway.

This isn't the only rating to be 'misused' either. People went on rampage 'upvoting/liking' their friends. (Again, I don't really give a shit if someone does because it's a damn rating.) Dio4344 brought this up in a thread (which I think for the first time agreed with him) explaining the misuse of the Like rating.

Yeah, I remember that. I still think I might’ve been the cause of that. But I feel like this is way different. The like rampage might’ve been annoying and breaking the system, but it wasn’t meant to be annoying or bad. People did it because they wanted to show someone they liked them. I feel like Blocktopia should only encourage that, although the like rampage wasn’t really a good thing. I feel like post ratings should be that very thing: Your rating about a post. It shouldn’t depend on whether you like that person or not. Unfortunately, I think that’s impossible. But anyway, this is an entirely different situation: The like rampage was people telling other people “hey I like you”, while dislikes rampages are more like “FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU”.

If our players on the forums (most of whom have been with us for a long time) and staff cannot handle something simple as this puts me to fucking disgust.

What really needs to be remembered here is that this is a rating, on the internet, from someone possibly across the world from you. If you get offended over that you need to rethink what the internet is and your emotional well-being.

I 100% agree with you on that, ratings don’t really matter! Why did I bring it up anyway then? Because I know other people think about it otherwise. As you’ve said before, the community isn’t as mature as it used to be. Most of the community consists of younger players now, and most of them do get offended by dislikes. And honestly, I don’t think they shouldn’t be offended.

These are just my two cents on the dislike rating, hopefully you can all respect that.
First off, about the whole Mikey vs Coolio thing--I'm just gonna throw this out here, I can really relate to Mikey's view of events. If someone has a reason to dislike a thread---ie, and simply put, you dont like the content, then...ok. dislike it. Big whoop. The button is there for you to use it like that. And yeah, I honestly felt the thread was silly and embarrassing to yourself, and does go to reflect a bit of overboard silliness in our playerbase, and while that is something I do not personally like seeing, I never really wanted to get into or do anything about, considering you're by all means flying under the shadow of the rules. Just wanted to get that out there, nobody's doing anything wrong by posting it, you just have to realize maybe the dislikes are there for a reason.
As for the actual rating itself...the only reason I see it being abused is when people spam it. And honestly, if people spam it...you, mr spammer, are all sorts of silly. You are doing the digital equivalent of, instead of going to them, saying "hey, this bothers me, would you please cut it out" or just having a respectful conversation, you go in all guns blazing, throwing around your digital middle fingers, and expecting to leave an impact, maybe going "ohhohohohooho I got him good, I bet that guy feels terrible I dislike all his posts!" When in actuality, you look silly, you seem silly. Because when you do this, you are silly.

And that is simply it. Not offensive. Not mean. Not "Oh no, he is such a bad person, we must remove the dislike rating because he keeps using it!". Just plain Silly.

So stop being silly. Speak to people about your issues, not resort to passive-aggressiveness and "I have a problem with you, but I'm too good to speak to you about it!"

Dislike rating will not be removed. The people abusing it can go and really look at their lives and think, "the hell am I doing?". Same for the people feeling hurt by being disliked. If someone can't speak to you about their issues, then their issues aren't worth your time. Move on from being disliked.

Admin rant over. Sploorky out, blocktopia.
Of course, the person who dislikes is the person looking silly- But that doesn’t change anything to the fact that the receiver of this negative rating feels upset or even bullied (maybe not justified, but they might still feel like that). And for a lot of people, it’s also a permanent sign of “this user fucked up somehow” on their profile. A few people (I think most of the active people on the forums) might think “ah, that user must’ve made a mistake, but hopefully they learned and it won’t happen again”. Most people, the quiet ones, could be more like “20 dislikes holy shit, this guy must be an asshole or something”.

Im surprised no one have rated the main post in this thread with a dislike rating...
I remember shiny making a thread about it, so of course some people just decided to dislike it. Isn’t that funny? He made a thread asking to remove the dislike button, and it got disliked! Get it? Hehehehe.

Reactions: Suikae

Chips

Reaction score
I agree, that thread mostly had no reason to receive dislikes, in my opinion. I see Mikey has a reasonable explanation, but I'm willing to think that the rest (or some of them) were just bandwagon dislikes for absolutely no reason. I mean, seriously? Why can't the community just be friendly to everyone?

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
Looking through this thread and reading every single post, I can personally connect to some of them.
I find myself to be an extremely sensitive person and when I am negatively criticised it really hurts my feelings, but it truly depends on the situation- if it is strictly for constructive criticism in which they explain why they disliked it and how you could improve then I really would not mind it; I would actually be appreciative and thankful. But if the dislike button is being abused just to sheerly target a victim for reasons unknown, that's where I would draw the line- it's immature, rude, and distasteful.
I, myself and probably others do not appreciate it as much as those who have done it and gained literally nothing out of it but the moment of little satisfaction. It's really and truly sad that people aren't mature enough to handle something as simple as a fucking button, so why even have it? It's especially sad when people gang up with others to make them seem more superior when really they're contributing to the situation itself.. No one has been benefiting from it lately as far from what I can tell, and it supports no real reason behind it, to me its purpose only serves unwanted hate. Maybe hopefully this thread will open up some minds and talk some common sense into them.
Also, sorry if I come off harsh-- I just find this really important to say. Every opinion matters, right? c:

• Agree
Reactions: Psycho

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
I agree, that thread mostly had no reason to receive dislikes, in my opinion. I see Mikey has a reasonable explanation, but I'm willing to think that the rest (or some of them) were just bandwagon dislikes for absolutely no reason. I mean, seriously? Why can't the community just be friendly to everyone?
This is more the type of rating I'm responding to, and probably the thread too.

Sploorky , we're not wanting it removed because of people who actually use it properly. It's more of a "Minority ruining it for the majority" situation. I'm not going to tell you how to do your job as an Admin, but the community is speaking, and you can't just respond. I say this because the last time the high staff only responded to the argument, nothing got done and that's why this thread happened. There are people in this thread that have thought of solutions to the problem that don't involve removing the rating, including myself.

On that note, we all ought to be looking at the options we have right now and thinking of a good solution to this issue. And yes, it's an issue. It wouldn't be if the threads weren't made. Grab a chair and get in the thinking circle everyone!

_4_

Reaction score
I hate assholes who dislike stuff just because they don't agree. Having nothing but DISLIKES on a post can be very discouraging to people and can make unspoken angers against eachother. I know personally I don't like certain people because they way they rate. But after all it's just a rating and a pixel. Why should you care what someone has to say about you over the internet. Meh semi-optimism here

Sploorky

Reaction score
bram13 said:
Of course, the person who dislikes is the person looking silly- But that doesn’t change anything to the fact that the receiver of this negative rating feels upset or even bullied (maybe not justified, but they might still feel like that). And for a lot of people, it’s also a permanent sign of “this user fucked up somehow” on their profile. A few people (I think most of the active people on the forums) might think “ah, that user must’ve made a mistake, but hopefully they learned and it won’t happen again”. Most people, the quiet ones, could be more like “20 dislikes holy shit, this guy must be an asshole or something”.
Which has been addressed by me, malcovent, and gmk in that any form of negative feedback is going to either bounce off you, or leave a sour taste in your mouth. I can not simply say much besides "move on", but it's an important life lesson, and something that should be remembered in the community too. People aren't always going to like you or the things you do. I have no intention of removing that right to dislike, and even if we removed the dislike rating, what will stop people from going at each other verbally? If someone wants to offend, they're going to offend.

Awwwyea said:
Sploorky , we're not wanting it removed because of people who actually use it properly. It's more of a "Minority ruining it for the majority" situation. I'm not going to tell you how to do your job as an Admin, but the community is speaking, and you can't just respond. I say this because the last time the high staff only responded to the argument, nothing got done and that's why this thread happened. There are people in this thread that have thought of solutions to the problem that don't involve removing the rating, including myself.
When did I mention the people who use it properly? I called out the people who use it improperly and get into why it is so exceedingly dumb to treat the dislike button as your own little "fuck you" gun to shoot at people from a safe distance. Ultimately, we can't go around and review every dislike given to see if it was fair. If someone feels bullied or insulted by a wave of dislikes they are getting, they are free to come to Baker and myself to speak about it. However, in my half year as admin, I can count the amount of times people have complained about a dislike rating on one hand. Which really does not convince me that the issue is as huge as people make of it, the only noteworthy instance I can recollect is today/last night(my time).

In the last thread for this, Malcovent responded with that he would rather deal with the people abusing it for the wrong reasons than take the rating away entirely. I echo those thoughts. I can not help if people do not PM me. If you do PM me(or Baker, whoever you would like), we will review your complain, but I can not promise we will bring down the mighty hammer of justice. Because remember people: What you view as improper does not always mean what WE view as improper.

TL;DR? PM Baker or myself if you feel abused by a string of dislikes from the same people. We can work from there.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I fail to see why we even have a "dislike" rating, it's cons are more then it's pros and it just doesn't seem like a good thing to have for the "social media" thing this forums seems to have and I think if we're going to have so many people ab/misuse it that it should be removed with all due haste. so I just fail to understand where the admins are seeing this mysterious good dislike rating, All i've seen come out of the dislike rating is tears, anger and upsetness.
At least if the person posts to offend the person, they end up looking like the dick they are instead of hiding in the shadows of the internet and disliking stuff just cause someone else disliked their stuff or etc.
tl;dr Dislike has more problems than it's worth and at least if someone posts something rude about the video, everyone knows his reasons on why he dislikes instead of just "cause I wanted to."

More news at 11

• Agree
Reactions: CloudBryan9

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Going to stick my two cents worth in here.

Honestly, I agree with Mikey; however I don't see the point in keeping the rating here? Sure, like Malcovent said things may turn ugly and result to posts being made but I don't think people realize that if people are getting that fucked off about a dislike, then they are going to say something anyway, or at least start to dislike them which may in time turn into something ugly.

If you think about it, with the rating removed the only way to dislike a post is by stating, in a calm and settling manner why you dislike it. Don't be all like "Oh why are you moaning about this or that? Don't like it then don't fucking play it" - It'll just make you look like a dick and that'll cause an argument, simply ignoring it or giving some peaceful criticisms is much easier, and is a far better and maturer way to deal with things.

And at the end of the day, if a user does go on to post insulting and malicious things, they'll get banned and that'll be the end of that. What is the point of keeping a rating that nobody seems to appreciate or like if there are far better solutions available?

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
As for the actual rating itself...the only reason I see it being abused is when people spam it. And honestly, if people spam it...you, mr spammer, are all sorts of silly. You are doing the digital equivalent of, instead of going to them, saying "hey, this bothers me, would you please cut it out" or just having a respectful conversation, you go in all guns blazing, throwing around your digital middle fingers, and expecting to leave an impact, maybe going "ohhohohohooho I got him good, I bet that guy feels terrible I dislike all his posts!" When in actuality, you look silly, you seem silly. Because when you do this, you are silly.

And that is simply it. Not offensive. Not mean. Not "Oh no, he is such a bad person, we must remove the dislike rating because he keeps using it!". Just plain Silly.

So stop being silly. Speak to people about your issues, not resort to passive-aggressiveness and "I have a problem with you, but I'm too good to speak to you about it!"

Dislike rating will not be removed. The people abusing it can go and really look at their lives and think, "the hell am I doing?". Same for the people feeling hurt by being disliked. If someone can't speak to you about their issues, then their issues aren't worth your time. Move on from being disliked.
bram13 said:
Which has been addressed by me, malcovent, and gmk in that any form of negative feedback is going to either bounce off you, or leave a sour taste in your mouth. I can not simply say much besides "move on", but it's an important life lesson, and something that should be remembered in the community too. People aren't always going to like you or the things you do. I have no intention of removing that right to dislike, and even if we removed the dislike rating, what will stop people from going at each other verbally? If someone wants to offend, they're going to offend.

Awwwyea said:
When did I mention the people who use it properly? I called out the people who use it improperly and get into why it is so exceedingly dumb to treat the dislike button as your own little "fuck you" gun to shoot at people from a safe distance. Ultimately, we can't go around and review every dislike given to see if it was fair. If someone feels bullied or insulted by a wave of dislikes they are getting, they are free to come to Baker and myself to speak about it. However, in my half year as admin, I can count the amount of times people have complained about a dislike rating on one hand. Which really does not convince me that the issue is as huge as people make of it, the only noteworthy instance I can recollect is today/last night(my time).

In the last thread for this, Malcovent responded with that he would rather deal with the people abusing it for the wrong reasons than take the rating away entirely. I echo those thoughts. I can not help if people do not PM me. If you do PM me(or Baker, whoever you would like), we will review your complain, but I can not promise we will bring down the mighty hammer of justice. Because remember people: What you view as improper does not always mean what WE view as improper.

TL;DR? PM Baker or myself if you feel abused by a string of dislikes from the same people. We can work from there.
The red highlighted points are what I want to focus on here.

- I agree that it's best to speak to the other person if you have issues with them instead of becoming passive-aggressive with other tools at your disposal (dislike button). But what Sploorky is saying is not really as straight-forward as you may think. People react in different ways -- they may choose to confront the person to achieve a mutual understanding with them, or they may attack that person with negative comments and what-not. And there goes the circle of life.

- This may be contradictory, but I think it's best to go at each other verbally than to use the dislike button and cut and run. The person receiving that dislike may wonder why they got it and may interpret it differently than what the "dislike-r" intended. An example of this just happened earlier when Mikey cleared up his reasoning for disliking Cooliorules' thread
I honestly think the video is immature and rather annoying. (Again my personal belief and I showed that with a simple dislike rating) I just don't see any maturity watching our staff run around screaming in a room to be the most appropriate matter (or how to display oneself when I believe staff are supposed to uphold a level of maturity.)

Again, I'm a bit used to what the community was, rather than what it is growing to be. I'm not to seeing our staff being young girls screaming in a room and 'spaztic' dancing.

I didn't think my dislike on the video would cause much harm since it was my personal opinion and yes, I didn't just dislike it for no reason.

I'm taking a small break from the forums, maybe not the servers, but the forums. This place is making me feel so down and not wanted when I'm supposed to be accepted
There will always be a place where people don't like you. It's life. You have to be tougher than them though and carry on regardless of what they think of you. I'm not trying to ostracize you at all, I just don't think it is an appropriate manner to display yourself in. (And I think it is highly annoying.) If you're going to leave the forums because a couple of people don't share the same view as you, that is silly in my opinion.
The thing is, you said that the community in a whole is becoming younger. Well yeah, what happens when all of the people who are 18+ get jobs and families, and they no longer have time for here? Who would keep the community going? The people who are coming through as the younger players.

Also we weren't affecting the server itself in any way. We weren't playing minecraft, so it's not like it did any harm what so ever.
Yes, I can be immature. But I always make sure that it would NEVER harm the servers because that would literally kill me.

And Mikey you really shouldn't be telling me to be tougher when you're one of the people that literally has made me so upset that I'm debating whether I should be here in the first place
- It shouldn't take four fingers (Hobbes) to figure out that the Dislike rating seems to cause a rift between the Community members here. As for the recent incident on how the rating was used towards someone else -- It was clear to me that that was Cyberbullying -- And something like that shouldn't be taken lightly nor should it take your other hand and a few more dislikes to convince to you that this rating is useless to use in this Community.

-
I can not help if people do not PM me.
This. This is like turning a blind eye on what we've been saying in this thread. Do we need to PM you about what's happening? We're already telling you like it is on this thread.

Edit: Just thinking. This is/should be a positive community... so why do we even have negative ratings in the first place?

[It may seem like I'm attacking Sploorky personally here, but I had no intention of doing so. It's just that he's the only Admin that seems to be responding on here about this issue that's up for debate. <3 ]

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I don't also like the idea to remove a rating because the community is too immature to handle it. We should not be supporting immaturity rather than trying to teach people how to be more mature.

It's likwe're giving up, "since our community is immature, let us just remove things to their silly unnecessary wants."
"And instead let's continue to have trouble being caused by a dislike rating because we are too proud to admit it's not working"

It's not gonna change. People will still give out dislikes for no reason and others will still get sad every time they get one

Sploorky

Reaction score
rawrmynameisrex sorry for the confusion. I mean on a more personal basis. Neither lovedaice or toiletprincess have PM'd me about the wave of dislikes they got, so how can I assume that it affects them? Maybe they don't care in the slightest what ratings they receive. I understand from this thread that people are A. getting others disliking every post of theirs, or B. getting a lot of dislikes on one post. While I'm going to wager that B is usually caused by a valid reason("""usually"""), A is very likely personal bias/arguable cyber-bullying. However, I do not pay attention which individual users give ratings to others, and I'm usually not going to spot it out unless someone comes up to me, says "Hey, this person seems to have a vendetta against me", and lets me work from there. The only specific occurrence of outcome A happening that I can recollect is what happened earlier, and both toiletprincess and cooliorules have apologized for it.

I would prefer to work from specific complaints, not a general "people are unhappy", but I do not know almost anyone who is unhappy due to it, besides those instances!

And yes, I will make a PSA about this situation in the meeting.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
rawrmynameisrex sorry for the confusion. I mean on a more personal basis. Neither lovedaice or toiletprincess have PM'd me about the wave of dislikes they got, so how can I assume that it affects them? Maybe they don't care in the slightest what ratings they receive. I understand from this thread that people are A. getting others disliking every post of theirs, or B. getting a lot of dislikes on one post. While I'm going to wager that B is usually caused by a valid reason("""usually"""), A is very likely personal bias/arguable cyber-bullying. However, I do not pay attention which individual users give ratings to others, and I'm usually not going to spot it out unless someone comes up to me, says "Hey, this person seems to have a vendetta against me", and lets me work from there. The only specific occurrence of outcome A happening that I can recollect is what happened earlier, and both toiletprincess and cooliorules have apologized for it.

I would prefer to work from specific complaints, not a general "people are unhappy", but I do not know almost anyone who is unhappy due to it, besides those instances!

And yes, I will make a PSA about this situation in the meeting.
Yay, that's kind of what I was pushing for both the first time this happened and my first post on this thread. :bounce: Also, I'm really trying to understand what my second post was saying to you Sploorky, and I have no idea so I apologize.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
It's funny how one simple forum rating separates the mature and the immature from the community.

Just keep this in mind: Someone giving a post the 'dislike' rating does not define who the poster is as a person in any way, shape, or form as much as it does to the individual that gave the rating. If you're disliking a post, then it means you do not like the content that the original poster has posted. Simple as that. There shouldn't be any hard feelings about giving or receiving a rating, and if you get upset over just that, then I would suggest to go outside, go take a walk, and get some fresh air.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
What I've also failed to see in this thread is a reason on how the dislike is even a good thing and I'd say if someone can give me a good one other than "people need to act more mature and learn how to take a dislike." cause I personally find that one a pretty weak reason tbh. People play video games especially MMOs to escape their real life problems not listen to people tell them to grow up.

More news at 12

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Focus on the green highlight, if you will.
-snip-
-
I can not help if people do not PM me.
This. This is like turning a blind eye on what we've been saying in this thread. Do we need to PM you about what's happening? We're already telling you like it is on this thread.

Edit: Just thinking. This is/should be a positive community... so why do we even have negative ratings in the first place?

[It may seem like I'm attacking Sploorky personally here, but I had no intention of doing so. It's just that he's the only Admin that seems to be responding on here about this issue that's up for debate. <3 ]
"We're already telling you like it is on this thread."

I believe that the fact this example is being debated in a thread viewed by hundreds is ridiculous. If you have a problem with someone, it's generally best to resolve said problem as privately as possible.

-EDIT-

What I've also failed to see in this thread is a reason on how the dislike is even a good thing and I'd say if someone can give me a good one other than "people need to act more mature and learn how to take a dislike." cause I personally find that one a pretty weak reason tbh. People play video games especially MMOs to escape their real life problems not listen to people tell them to grow up.

More news at 12
The Internet is a means of expressing ourselves. There are hundreds of millions of people expressing themselves on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and any other website that allows users to interact and post content. It's a thing we humans feel the need to do. The dislike button is a way of expressing ourselves. It has been abused (quote sploorky) less than 5 times in 6 months, and this is the worst example in my opinion.

cooliorules Perhaps you would be inspired by someone who has been in a similar situation to you.

Justing Bieber's hit single "Baby" has 3,755,921 dislikes, yet he never quit producing music. Look where he is now. He could retire in his twenties! In my opinion, you shouldn't leave. You shouldn't be forced out of a community because of six people. You should instead shrug off the dislikes and move on. Learn from your mistakes. If we all move on this could be over and done with as soon as possible.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
I agree with Pikmon, I do feel the rating shouldn't be removed just because a minority of the community decided to abuse it. If someone abuses it, then the victim should try to contact a higher staff member, rather than fire back. It's pretty obvious we've come to a standstill here, and the dislike rating isn't going to be removed anytime soon. Now, rather than letting this go on any further, I suggest we just close this thread and move on with our lives.

-Natsu