Nightswood Infiltration [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well if we have a deadline and people aren't going to start discussion, I'll start some discussion with some nitpicking. (just one example for now, I'll find more later).

I think the traditional town-win-condition is 'when all threats to the town are gone.'

From my perspective, that'd likely be a '3rd-party role that can cause harm to the town, and must do so to win.'
You think? As in you don't know what the town win condition is? I can tell you that the towns win condition is 'when all threats to the town are gone'.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
And here I had a post as well about some slight nitpicks I saw drawn up, but I honestly really didn't want to because it just feels, well, scummy. And scummy not in the mafia/antitown sorta way. but just that it feels like a cheap way to start up a discussion because of what caffy said about it being just bad word choice or just bad editing with bolding or italicizing something to make it more pronounced and drawing the conclusion that "it may actually be a hint!" when it actually isn't.

My nitpicks actually aren't as good as I think Sam's is in theory, because if you're town you should actually know what your win condition is. We all got our PM's with our role explanations and our win conditions. The only reason to not know(ala "i think") is either 1) you forgot, or say you're just paraphrasing to make your sentence/argument role smoother or 2) you aren't actually sure. When you play scum, you have to obviously pretend to be town (or claim otherwise like a townie-friendly 3rdparty), or in general just try not to appear scummy. To a degree it's easy to pass off initially if there's not a lot of personal info going around, in this case we have the "win conditions" being tossed around. However, when discussion does start to get heated involving such info as the win condition or etc, things tend to get a bit iffy, and throughout it scum always have to (unless players explicitly state what the towns conditions are) try and base themselves toward what the actual towns win conditions are.

And that goal itself is a bit iffy, because for some reason, even though I don't think the town's win (that being "you win when all threats to town have been eliminated") has EVER changed or just slightly modified to fit x theme over the course of Blocktopia's Mafia history, we always tend to end up in an instance where we debate about the win condition...
...Though that may just be me remembering GmK's TBD game awhileback where almost half the game was third-party and thus the argument of third-parties always/not always being scum and win condition explaining from 3-parties trying to pass as town or friendly was rampant!
Now I'm actually interested in going back and seeing how scum actually played out their win conditions to see if there's a pattern of what Sam quoted (I know I certainly did it to a degree! hehe).

But that's just me thinking Sam had a better basis in terms of the nit-picking than I do and hold no strong opinions on if that actually makes fiesta suspicious or not (as that's what I believe is part of what Sams post was asking, then again, most posts indirectly ask opinions or evidence to see if someone'ssuspcious or not).
My nitpick quote that was probably nothing was something raxo said:
1) Did anyone have anything interesting happen to them last night? Did they receive a vest or other item? Anything paranormal?
-Nothing interesting enough.
And I was going to say, "not interesting enough you say? Saying it wasn't interesting enough must mean something must have happened!, its just not interesting enough to warrant interest or you're hiding something!" and something along the lines of interesting could mean something like something boring happened with a role or a boring item (hey, vests are sort of boring... right? It's definitely not as extreme as getting a invention item or something in say Supernatural hotel or from some other game).

But then I scrapped it alongside other bad nitpicks that I've forgotten besides this one.
...But if nitpicking helps pick up discussion, so be it! (but mine was still bad, sorry raxo)

I don't have much to contribute otherwise (yet!) at the moment. I need to reread because my brains a bit fried from just starting college and getting used to things (Yay?) so I don't really know what we're talking about besides this page and parts of others. x)
I definitely want to go back and look at that win condition from other games though; it has my interest.

Reactions: Fragile

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Wait wait wait wait wait wait, hold on.
I hope that's actually a joke to go along with my nitpicking being silly,
because at this point in time unless a townie power role has a plan or valuable information they should just keep quiet and saying stuff about it just puts a target on their back.
Your second statement makes me feel like its a joke because it seems out of place with what roles we know are in play, so thats what I'm going to be betting on... hopefully.
I hope it's not supposed to be serious.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Wait wait wait wait wait wait, hold on.
I hope that's actually a joke to go along with my nitpicking being silly,
because at this point in time unless a townie power role has a plan or valuable information they should just keep quiet and saying stuff about it just puts a target on their back.
Your second statement makes me feel like its a joke because it seems out of place with what roles we know are in play, so thats what I'm going to be betting on... hopefully.
I hope it's not supposed to be serious.
Yep I wasn't serious at all.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount:

myusername22 (1) - Nottykitten
Nottykitten (2) - Timdood3, Fragile

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch and 9 votes to no-lynch. The day will end at 19:00 GMT on Thursday, 2 September. If no majority is reached by the day's end, the person with the most votes on them will be lynched.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Well if we have a deadline and people aren't going to start discussion, I'll start some discussion with some nitpicking. (just one example for now, I'll find more later).

You think? As in you don't know what the town win condition is? I can tell you that the towns win condition is 'when all threats to the town are gone'.
I really can't be bothered to navigate Tapatalk with 1-bar internet connection to re-check my role PM.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
So why did you feel the need to mention it? As a towny, your job is to NOT cause confusion amongst the town. Seeing how you are doing so (as well as painting a target on your back) makes me suspicious...on the other hand...it seems to be just a typical raxo... ^^
Well its JK's fault for nitpicking - I thought answering it would be good idea

• Sad
Reactions: JKangaroo

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
This is a bit of a shot in the dark but from reading most of the posts I notice that mainly Timdood stands out as a possible mafia target. Reason is pretty much talking to much and also the content of his post are often hidden mafia things to say. I also think notty can still be mafia but I feel like this is a way he often plays so it doesn't have to say much (unless he double tricks us). I think notty would be a good target to investigate the coming night.

I am not sure about this so don't follow me blindly but at the moment I think it's a better idea than to lynch notty as he may be jester/fool or just playing trollish.

vote Timdood3

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
I agree with Vat, I don't believe notty is bad but Tim have the greater chance of mafia. He took the leader role really fast and threw accusations at others.
Vote Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is a bit of a shot in the dark but from reading most of the posts I notice that mainly Timdood stands out as a possible mafia target. Reason is pretty much talking to much and also the content of his post are often hidden mafia things to say. I also think notty can still be mafia but I feel like this is a way he often plays so it doesn't have to say much (unless he double tricks us). I think notty would be a good target to investigate the coming night.

I am not sure about this so don't follow me blindly but at the moment I think it's a better idea than to lynch notty as he may be jester/fool or just playing trollish.

vote Timdood3
(I liked your post on accident because of Tapatalk, don't take that to mean anything)
What are "hidden mafia things"?
And " taking too much" isn't a particularly good reason because if no one talks, the game dies.

I agree with Vat, I don't believe notty is bad but Tim have the greater chance of mafia. He took the leader role really fast and threw accusations at others.
Vote Timdood3
I'm not sure I took the 'leader' role, I was just trying to make things happen because, again, of no one says anything, the game dies.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It posted before I was ready, damn you, Tapatalk.

Also if no one makes any accusations, then no one gets lynched, and if no one gets lynched then every kill belongs to the mafia. And if every kill belongs to the mafia, then no mafia die. If no mafia die, we lose the game.

Kalliee

Reaction score
Not lynching isn't really a good idea, and so even if it does count as "random lynching" I feel I should partake in the voting of the timdood

Vote Timdood3 srry tim

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount (HE'S GOIN DOWN, THEY'RE YELLING TIMDOOD):

myusername22 (1) - Nottykitten
Nottykitten (2) - Timdood3, Fragile
Timdood3 (3) - Vatumok, ShadeSlayer98, Kallie_S

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch and 9 votes to no-lynch. The day will end at 19:00 GMT on Thursday, 2 September. If no majority is reached by the day's end, the person with the most votes on them will be lynched.

Status
Not open for further replies.