Homestuck

Reaction score
I have so many feelings and shizzle about everything that has been going on... but cbf writing them... so I might as well just mention that I am up to:

(S) Cascade​

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT I'M GONNA SAVE DEDICATED TIME TOMOZ TO SEE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!oneone!!one​

D

DieLorelei

I remember finding Homestuck yearsssss ago, thinking it was supposed to be one of those click adventure puzzle escape games where you had to escape the room or something... Then I realized it was doing the junk for me, he got arms, and a cake then it ended. I was like wtf, worst game ever. And I forgot all about it.

Trap told me to read this webcomic called Homestuck, and I was like yeah ok whatever. I went to the site and was like, "Wait, wtf, this crap again?... How is this even-" and then I read it...
It makes sense now, I've read Act I, but it was painfully boring, especially knowing and reliving the begining since previously being deceived. I think I'm going to hold off on Act II for another month before even bothering... Inb4 'read it now': all I can say is if I did, it would only be to say that I did it, and I wouldnt get much from it. In a month, I plan on trying to get into reading it...

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
DieLorelei Your loss ;P
Do note the first act is mostly Exposition.
You have to introduce the characters, setting, premise, etc, before you can use them :p
But it sounds like you read Homestuck Alpha. It was the test version of current Homestuck xP

Though if you want something more actioney less wordy there is Problem Sleuth :3

Also, if you had been one of the first fans you actually WOULD be playing it. The way Hussie did it up until Act 5ish was allow readers to choose the commands. Almost every command you clicked was a suggestion by a fan. He doesn't do that now, but he still takes a lot of inspiration from fans and such (e.g. A character showed up 15 minutes late with Starbucks because the fans kept joking about it).

le_badcop

Reaction score
In my humble opinion, for the first 4-5 acts you'll most likely think dafuq is this. As you go on though, and begin to catch up, and become attached to the characters, you'll start to think, how did I used to get by w/o this.

Reaction score
In my humble opinion, for the first 4-5 acts you'll most likely think dafuq is this. As you go on though, and begin to catch up, and become attached to the characters, you'll start to think, how did I used to get by w/o this.
Haha, I've been told that by everyone, but tbh it didn't work like that for me. I just got hooked from the end of act 1, and zoomed (like really quickly) through... and now I'm on Act 6.

Ugh, it's all so interesting and lovely... But I'm scared because I'm almost reaching the "end" (IE. The last picture released)
Does Hussie release new updates often, or will I be dissapointed and curling in a ball dying in my room? :'(

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Hussie refuses to release any information on it. :p he wants it to be a surprise. I'm sure it won't be browser based though, since it will be on disc or downloadable.
Is it going to get popular? Cuz Homestuck its self actually isn't, not in the outside world to be more exact. Even on the Internet this is only the second time I've even heard of it.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Is it going to get popular? Cuz Homestuck its self actually isn't, not in the outside world to be more exact. Even on the Internet this is only the second time I've even heard of it.
The website gets millions of unique hits per day.
There is a fan base of 20 million+ on Tumblr.
Tumblr is only a fraction, so estimate maybe 1 or 2 billion+ people in the fandom
Homestuck is very spread out or not as talked about. You just have to look in the right communities.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
The website gets millions of unique hits per day.
There is a fan base of 20 million+ on Tumblr.
Tumblr is only a fraction, so estimate maybe 1 or 2 billion+ people in the fandom
Homestuck is very spread out or not as talked about. You just have to look in the right communities.
Other than this thread the only way I found Homestuck was a video of 4chan people making fun of bronies, so I guess I just didn't expect it to be that popular.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I would like to give this comic a chance, but I'm not sure where to read it at or what the story line is even about. Can someone explain?
In the creator's words: A tale about a boy and his friends and a game they play together.
But truly it is much more complex than that. It starts out incredibly simple, but then with every plot twist it becomes more and more complicated.
Here is a link that explains it pretty well without revealing plot: http://mspaintadventures.com/scraps2/homestuckKS.html.

• Informative
Reactions: Forest_Knight

Forest_Knight

Reaction score
In the creator's words: A tale about a boy and his friends and a game they play together.
But truly it is much more complex than that. It starts out incredibly simple, but then with every plot twist it becomes more and more complicated.
Here is a link that explains it pretty well without revealing plot: http://mspaintadventures.com/scraps2/homestuckKS.html.
Seems like it would be fun to read. Do you happen to have a link with the starting point of the story?

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
First instance of horned people for me so far :> :
GA: Will You Try To Talk Some Sense Into Your Idiot Friends
GA: So That We May Proceed To Bother Them All On More Rational Terms
TT: I try to every day, with mixed results.
TT: But you see, it's not that I don't understand you.
TT: It's just that I don't believe you.
TT: Because it's nonsense.
TT: Albeit persistent and coordinated nonsense.
TT: Why would a bunch of temporally dislocated trolls want to harass a group of friends throughout completely random points in time?