Homestuck

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
The web comic many know and love.
If you haven't read it, you've heard of it in some way or form.
This is a thread for general discussion of Homestuck, to what you like to roleplay as to the newest update!

Regarding spoilers, please use them appropriately. For example, anything regarding newer updates should be spoilered. Anything talking about the story in say Act 3 should at least warn readers at the top of said post. Simply talking about characters is fine unless it reveals a major plot twist.

Regarding hate, I know that a lot of people dislike Homestuck. It's an acquired taste. Please don't flame/troll however. Joking around is fine, starting arguments and flame wars is not.

So get discussing!

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Hello my name is Trap Wolf, Gamzee is my patron troll. I've also voice acted as him and my rendition is comparable to Octopimp's Gamzee's voice. My favorite troll is Karkat and I have been told I should voiceact Karkat but I leave that to ambitiousBard on Youtube. ((Also compared personality wise to Karkat. Which I do take pride and not in because I like to consider myself an individual.))

Roxy is my favorite human. I laugh at her so much, in a good way, and she had already won my pity way before the update because of her addiction which she used as a way to assert her personality and without alcohol she lost some of herself. ((Most of this is other headcannon I've read)) I was really saddened at her sprite talk when she was going to sprite her mom instead of Fefetera((whatever.)) I was like: OH HUSSIE YOU AND YOUR SUBTLE FEELS.

The update: I'm really irked because the Batterwitch replaced Caliborn's arc that we were following. I totally wanna know what's going on there.

Why should YOU read Homestuck?

Homestuck has such a powerful storyline. By literary terms it would be defined as an Epic. Homestuck has been labled as the Odysseus of the internet. Each character will have you laugh and cry in some sort of way. No one is ever the complete bad guy. You feel pity or understanding for every character in some form.

The community is strong and held mostly by groups of large intelligent people, and the moment you know another person reads Homestuck they instantly get +1 from you. If I was wearing something Homestuck related and walking down the street seeing someone else wearing Homestuch Merch, we'd stop, nod at each other, and acknowledge the other for being a total fucking badass. Anyone Homestuck is instantly your friend. Anyone.

Along with the cult-like Homestuck group, we've crashed two major sites. Newgrounds and Megaupload with our streaming computers. How? An update called Cascade which was a 13 minute flash that brought nearly the entire plot together. Basically Andrew Hussie, Homestuck's creator,n uploaded the flash first to Newgrounds. THOUSANDS. UPON THOUSANDS. FLOODED NEWGROUND'S SERVERS. And then it went down. One dependable, and well speed internet, Homestuckian had downloaded the flash and uploaded it to Megaupload. Once that spread THOUSANDS went to Megaupload causing the next crash.

Andrew Hussie also started a Kickstarter for a Homestuck platform game. The game required the support of all Homestuck fans and $700,000.

The fandom.

Raised.
$2,485,506

$2,485,506

Yeah. So fuck you if you think our Fandom is shit. This Kickstarter is now #6 on top 10 Kickstarters.

Why will you probably not read Homestuck?

Biased answer: Because you're a hipsteristic piece of shit who thinks they're too good.

Reasonable answer: Probably because of Acts I - IV. It is really, really difficult to get through those Acts. NOTHING makes sense until Act V. I completely understand your pain, SparklyMuffinz, but I'm going to tell you that is it worth it.
YOU ARE LITERALLY MISSING OUT ON A PHENOMENON BY NOT READING THIS.

/threadcontribute

Honestly. They're going to be studying Homestuck in English class in the future.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
For anyone trying to get through Homestuck:
Homestuck is like walking through a desert and being promised water. After seeing none for miles, you blink and suddenly you're in an ocean.
It is completely worth it. The biggest reason I've ever seen is that people didn't like it was because it was really complicated. It is not something you will understand instantly. Passively reading this will cause extreme confusion. Take your time reading it and just enjoy it. Don't skim the pester logs. Don't skip the intermissions.

also the pesterlogs are superlong but just read them instead of viewing them as giant walls of text and they get better

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Homestuck is like walking through a desert and being promised water. After seeing none for miles, you blink and suddenly you're in an ocean.
THAT IS THE BEST GOD DAMN COMPARISON I HAVE EVER READ.

Don't skim the pester logs. Don't skip the intermissions.

also the pesterlogs are superlong but just read them instead of viewing them as giant walls of text and they get better
I MADE THE MISTAKE OF SKIMMING PESTERLOGS. I WENT BACK AFTER I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD HOMESTUCK TO READ THEM AND THEY'RE JUST AS PRECIOUS AS THE WHOLE THING.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I usually stop after the first 5 "pages" but Trap_Wolf convinced me. I read and am beginning to understand RA, so I've got some experience with, 'this webcomic makes no fucking sense at all'

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
What?

The trolls under the Makara family as my patron trolls because I'm a Capricorn.

But I mostly affiliate with Gamzee. Since I can cosplay him.
Ah, alright. Apparently there was a method where you added the digits of the month and day to get your Patron troll instead .-.
To prevent myself from spoilers, I will probably stay away from this thread.

But, since I'm here... I'll give you this video. (Maybe even a warning, eh?)

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo...
Hehe I love that channel. Best Homestuck channel of them in my opinion.

HUSSIE YOU KNEW WE WERE ALL EXCITED ABOUT THE UPDATE AND THEN YOU RIPPED OUR FEELINGS UP.

Reaction score
Ok well...

I remember seeing all those funky homestuck characters and patron troll-whatevers plasted around the minecraftforums (this was like 2 years ago) so I decided I'd search it up. I did, and I started reading the coming. I read like 10 pages... And I found it ridiculously boring and nerdy.
He just stays in his god bloody damnit room!​
Now a few years in the future (but not too many)...​
I saw this thread (2-ish weeks ago already). I decided I would try again and push through, because I was genuinely interested. I pushed through the first 'section' of boring pages... and suddenly Sburb was installed. That got me mildly interested.​
Then I finished Act 1... and I was already hooked.​
Now I've been zooming through, and I reached this today:​
HOLY FUCK THIS THING IS SO FUCKING AMAZING THAT IF I DIDN'T SWEAR IT WOULDN"T DO IT JUSTICE!!! I'M FREAKING HOOKED AND I LITERALLY CAN'T GET OFF IT. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS THREAD! THIS COMIC GIVES ME THAT LITTLE BIT OF ENJOYMENT I NEED AFTER A TIRING DAY OF SCHOOOL. <333333333333333​
The only complaint I can make is that I really should be focusing on studies... but homestuck keeps getting in the way :D​

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I feel like Homestuck is soon to become a cult, with Andrew Hussie as it's deity. :p
It already is. My soul has been sold to Hussie.

But yah, that beginning is slow. PUSH THROUGH IT IS SO WORTH IT.

The comic starts out simple, but gradually becomes more and more complex~

UltimateBudgie It always feels good to have been responsible for the recruiting of another Homestuck hahaha

Edit: Also I suggest if you want to like get all the tiny inside jokes Homestuck has, read Problem Sleuth, Jailbreak, and Bard's Quest first. They're in the same format as Homestuck for the most part, but they were all kind of experiments. Problem Sleuth is the only finished one out of those three, but it actually is quite lovely in its storytelling and such. Problem Sleuth is around 1,000 pages (about 2-5 hours to read probably). Jailbreak and Bard's Quest are each around 100-200 pages, and are easy quick reads for about half an hour each maybe. Also they don't have Pesterlogs so it's easier to grasp the kind of story and humor Homestuck will have without having to read much.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
The ECHELADDER rewards your bold ascent with 125 BOONDOLLARS. You waste little time in storing them in your CERAMIC PORKHOLLOW.

Additionally, climbing the rungs has boosted your GEL VISCOSITY and CACHE LIMIT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its gotten to the point where I prefer Homestuck over Guildwars 2 ._.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Anyone currently caught up with Homestuck should read the most popular fan adventure called: Guidestuck.
Your name is BECQUEREL HARLEY, and you can’t stand most of your friends.
Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, and more than a bit unfair. You can at least STAND your friends, though they do get under your skin quite a lot. You’re naturally a LONER, and that’s pretty obvious to TWO OUT OF THREE KNUCKLEHEADS who like talking to you on a regular basis. At least most of them respect that about you and don’t fault you for it. That other guy, though...forget him. You really can’t stand HIM.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
TT: Are you going to start rapping about this?
TG: what no
TG: no listen
TT: Prong of flesh bereft of home
TT: Found solace 'twixt a cleft of foam.
TG: no oh jesus
TT: Of apocalypse your thoughts eclipse
TT: A painted pair of parted lips
TT: That dare through kiss to stir the air
TT: That teases tufts of orange hair.
TT: And though faces flush in lovers' fits,
TT: Hands snug in plush as gloves befit.
TG: ok dickinson if you can shut your perfumey trap for a half second
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At what point do people start growing horns.