Русская мафия! [Complete]

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
myuser is literally a surgeon its not any kind of wild claim it's pretty much a swap-in swap-out doctor that you can put in a setup to make the doc just a little stronger and interesting to play.

Or, maybe, actually, Priz put in the role of town journalist/cencorer because there are so many town roles that get reports back? That way the town has a slight drawback.

And like said before by people, it doesn't have to be a drawback it can also be used to verify if the one-shot roles are getting reports back. +more that people listed.
remember ltin as mime
remember how bad it was
roles that actively detriment town shouldn't be included in setups unless it's something totally whack like gmk's games. this is because once you find out what they are you're pretty much forced to policy lynch them so town has a better shot at doing things properly. this isn't a wacky game, this is a pretty sane one, just with some interesting mechanics.

i'm sorry but you can't defend someone by saying "yeah they're role is real scummy but that's why they're town." please don't ever use that as an argument ever ever again.

sure, you can verify who's doing what with their claim, but by that point you may as well rely on CC's and scumhunting, because you're going to the trouble of obfuscating their results for one night or possibly more, you ruin the result because as we've seen some of the report is missing from both sides, and you may not even get a result that proves them one way or the other. it doesn't stop an investigator from claiming cop because they're doing the exact same thing.

or you know Priz has been hosting many Mafia games and would not out an OP role if Mafia into the game??
+ why is everyone ignoring the fact I could just use my ability on hunter or a one shot PR, all of the PRs (since they've claimed) would be able to tell you if I'm lying or not
even large setups with two mafias need relatively small parties. this means slightly more powerful mafias. if you want to make it an interesting game you'll often also gear the mafias in different directions. (eg maybe one mafia has a godfather + quack and one has an investigator + strongman). this means it's not totally unlikely that one mafia is purposed to meddling with town investigations as much as possible (see: cop bribes) and the other is better equipped to pursue potato shenanigans.

you could use your ability on hunter but that still doesn't change the fact that you have a pretty counterproductive role and it doesn't matter if your lying or not because your role is still dubious even if someone confirms you.

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I've just had a thought, since this is Soviet Russia and we have quite a few investigatory-esque roles... could we have some "KGB" roles (Russian version of the Gestapo, I think) as a 3rd party secret police force spying on the town as well as maybe an anti-potato club? with win conditions getting all potato club members lynched, to stop a potato-fuelled revolution?

I mean thinking about the roles Censorer, Notty's Chief of police etc.

Here's what I think so far would be in it:

• Notty: as the other cop role, with no connection to Timd00d it would make sense that Notty has some other agenda, and with the sketchy-ness of her back story on day 1, it could explain some of the contradictions/mistakes she made during her day 1 lynch battle with Jolt (AKA Captain Hook get it )
  • Notty's Chief: If this is a role, since it's affiliated with notty, it would likely also be in this group.
  • Ooglie: Censorship is something expected to be carried out by these groups, also to me Notty and Oog have been defending each other throughout the game.
So this theory is probably wrong, but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Could be possible since there is a mindagent called in the mechanics

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So how does this work? If we don't get 9 people to vote on one person do we lynch nobody or do we lynch the majority vote?

Also Timdood3 didn't you say you didn't think an ooglie lynch was a good idea but voted him because you thought that was likely the only vote that would get enough other votes to lynch? Well correct me if I'm wrong but if you change your vote from oog to 77thShad, 77thShad will have more votes. Unless you've changed your mind and now do think ooglie is a good lynch :eek:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
roles that actively detriment town shouldn't be included in setups unless it's something totally whack like gmk's games.
I can imagine priz reading this and going "you think my game's not totally whack? :c"
So how does this work? If we don't get 9 people to vote on one person do we lynch nobody or do we lynch the majority vote?

Also Timdood3 didn't you say you didn't think an ooglie lynch was a good idea but voted him because you thought that was likely the only vote that would get enough other votes to lynch? Well correct me if I'm wrong but if you change your vote from oog to 77thShad, 77thShad will have more votes. Unless you've changed your mind and now do think ooglie is a good lynch :eek:
I didn't say I thought Ooglie was a bad lynch, perse, but I don't think he's the best lynch we have. That I think does fall to 77.
He's just too vague and noncontributory (didn't know that was a word, thanks autocorrect) for me to feel like he's telling the truth.

And who was it that said something about the KGB? Because I think you may have something there. #nottyforthirdparty2016

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
any chance of a player-made votecount? a lot has happened over the last 2 or so pages and it's hard to keep track of the votes
Ooglie101 (4/9) - Hunter, Myusername22, Jivvi, erik5456
77thShad (5/9) - Nottykitten, Ooglie101, Infected_alien8_, Duffie, Timdood3
Notme (2/9) - Aqua, CaffeinatedKitty
Myusername22 (1/9) - 77thShad
Erik5456 (1/9) - Notme

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jivvi Are you disliking my post due to the fact I brought up the possibilities some of these roles are backwards due to the old internet gag, or are you disliking my post due to the fact I brought up the old internet gag in general? o 3o
it's a stupid shitpost is why
if it really bothers you that much just ask me to stop :^)

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
since nobody's actually responded to my argument i'm assuming there are no possible counters (entirely likely due to the fact that i was arguing against "ooglie has a mafia role therefore he's town"). there's no reason to drag this out for the sake of shitposts and hurt feelings, so we should start making relatively final votes for that day, maybe including some reasoning, but as we've learned we can't always expect that. it would be totally sexy if we didn't bring up and random bandwagons to dilute the shortlist, since that really only serves to highlight you as someone who may or may not be in cahoots with one of the two primary targets.

if you want a breakdown of who's under scrutiny it's basically this:

ooglie claimed a traditionally mafia-sided role, and has had some contact with the mysterious sack of potatoes.
myuser claimed surgeon, but is opposed by 77's vague claim that he hasn't fully clarified and duffie's un-cc'd jailer claim.
77 claimed some 'saving role' that's not doctor or anything of that archetype. he hasn't disclosed even under pressure which rubs a lot of people a long way, especially when it could help us not lynch a healing role/lynch a mafia.
raxo claimed hunter, and while this claim seems mostly true, the undecisive are clamouring for a policy lynch due to the fact that raxo does seemingly random thing with no justification. some are reconsidering due to the fact that he'll probably shoot someone important.

probably missing a couple points but this is basically it.

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3 and Hunter
D

Deleted member 4601

Between a potential censorer and a potential protection role, I'd very much prefer losing the censorer.

At this point it's pretty much about what we can afford to lose and what we can't - and while I am inclined to believe that 77th might be scum, I am hesitating because he might just be what he claims he is - we can't afford that.

What's surprising is the lack of deaths last night - our protective/roleblocking roles are doing well, especially with erik not being dead. With the choice between 77th and myu, both of them are equally likely to be protective; we either assume that notty has a modifier or myu's killing ability has an unknown limitation.

In other words, a 77th lynch is a giant risk we cannot afford to take, and since we're better off with an Ooglie lynch (despite my faith in him), that shall be what I'll settle with until there's any further progress.

Please reconsider your votes.

vote Ooglie101

• Thank You
Reactions: Hunter and Jivvi
D

Deleted member 4601

Another thing to note - as far as I am aware of, we've been pointing fingers at people simply because someone's setup speculation proves him/her has scum.

We're supposed to be scum hunting, not guessing what the setup is and end up lynching someone because of that; setup speculations are essentially assumptions on top of assumptions. That is exactly what we're doing. Now that that's going for us, we might very well lose one of our protective roles. I'm voting for Ooglie as a preventive measure to prevent a 77th lynch.

If we're gonna continue like this the only ones benefiting are the ones who are trying to kill us. Here's why: we've been doing that, and now we're about to lynch someone who claims to have the ability to protect us, because of a counterclaim in a closed setup.

This is a mess ;S

• Thank You
Reactions: Hunter and Jivvi

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
that's been part of my reasoning for my vote, and i'm grateful to you for working it into words. you'll notice that while there's a few setup theorycrafters, some present some comprehensive possibilities (hunter's had some exceptional guesses at the scenario), but don't try and use the possibility of their theory being true as an argument. one of the issue i have with ooglie/notty's defense of ooglie I how they're saying we should assume the surplus of investigative roles indicates a counterproductive role would be in order (outright acknowledging that ooglie's role is actively detrimental to the town), and ignore the fact that at least some of our current uncontested claims are false, not even mentioning the massive number of more likely setups.