Zombie Map Submission: Realms.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first map submission for zombies.

The map is called Realms and was made on Nillbugwtw's Map Making Factory.

The dimensions are 64x64x128 (not sure what order the dimensions go in, but it is long)

.lvl: http://www.mediafire.com/?c6yckaez3b6r55e

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/Tb45v (my apologies for not being too visually informative)

The map features many aspects, and I have tried to include all of the different map types in one. For example, the start of the map is seen as a linear map for it has a small jump path followed by corridors. It then leads out into what you would see as the main world in minecraft (the world that you spawn in while playing the game). I have also based this game under the "Realms" that are found in the game including the overworld, the nether, and the end. Between these realms it is a circular map as well as a free roam for there are no restrictions into where the players can roam, and all realms are inter-connected. Also, branching from the nether zone there is a multi-layered maze that ends in a room that is a prototype game play style that I like to call the water room, we will see how that goes if players manage to get to it. Also from the end there is a hidden corridor passage that leads down to a huge room that is meant to be similar to a map such as nobuild128 (a run and don't hide). I consider this room as a "secret" for the entrance is in a very tricky spot. In total there are SEVEN secrets that are not shown in the screen shots, except for the one mentioned. Two in the first room, two in the overworld, two in the nether, and one in the end.

The over world has two buildings, one of which is decorations, the other is a passage to some clouds that serve as a mini skymap. It also has some glass that can be seen in the same way. It can also be dug up for players to hide in the ground.

The nether is seen purely as a jump course and should be treated as such. It also includes a Ghast :p

The end is just for looks, and is pretty flat. It can also be dug up for players to hide. It includes the obsidian pillars, the portal which happens to lead back to the beginning of the map (serving as the circular map style, and also the fearsome ender dragon which is quite possible to mount.

I hope after reading all that, you will take the time to check out the map. Regards, Mach9824.

Summer10

Reaction score
The buildings are kind of square and flat on the first grass area, might want to improve on that. The maze seems a bit long, and the water part just seems like you added it there for the heck of it w/o any effort.
Please tell me the jump course parts are op_aired also. (I give constructive criticism)
Worth a test to at least see how it would be balanced.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I do agree with the first point about the buildings, I will fix that. The maze seems long, however it isnt at the same time, alot of it is just circles, and the path to "the end" is really just a straight line, but it can be cut down if need be. The water room is ya for the most part just for the heck of it, I just wanted to see a response to it, it can be changed / discluded. And of course the jumps are op_aired :p

When Nill gets a chance to get the .lvl it will be easier to judge.

I have made the following changes: Note the overworld is supposed to be a representation of how people play minecraft, so I still kept it simple.
The house and warehouse building blocks have been slightly changed to provide more pattern, There has been a "backyard" and pool area added, the warehouse now has a satellite dish, porch thing, and a fire escape at the back that connects to the front around both sides. The warehouse has also been detailed a bit to loose that "Blocky square" look.
The big water room has been transformed into an underwater ecosystem along with sand, seaweed, annenomei..... ya those things, ruins, an underwater volcano, and the Kraken.

More Screenshots will be posted shortly

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Decided to go on Nills and have a look at it.
It's amazing.
The maze is nowhere near too long; it's easy, in fact, and it makes it look like a challenge to get to the main part. Then there's the big main room; if he added an underground to the main room, it would be complete. Instead, he made 2 more realms; the Nether and the End. It's pretty darn epic. I'd hate to see this bite the dust.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Decided to go on Nills and have a look at it.
It's amazing.
The maze is nowhere near too long; it's easy, in fact, and it makes it look like a challenge to get to the main part. Then there's the big main room; if he added an underground to the main room, it would be complete. Instead, he made 2 more realms; the Nether and the End. It's pretty darn epic. I'd hate to see this bite the dust.
Why thank you good sir / madam :)

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
It's the grassy area :p
And I was implying that an underground wasn't needed since the End and the Nether made it more than epic. But an underground is a nice addition. I haven't even seen all the map yet, I'll see the rest ingame :p

One Survivor

Terminator Zombificator, Stone Survivor!
Reaction score
Jesus, you talent! This looks somewhat extremely creative and fun itself. Looking forward to test it and will continue hoping this isn't too big! Thank you for the map, mate!

Reactions: Mach9824

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus, you talent! This looks somewhat extremely creative and fun itself. Looking forward to test it and will continue hoping this isn't too big! Thank you for the map, mate!
you're very welcome. Honestly I didn't think it was quite that good, I made it in only hours by myself.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
How can you not like this map? It's brilliant!, I'd love to play this map one day, If I ever come back to Zombie Survival.

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score
I NEED THIS MAP ON THE SERVER. I LOVE the idea, but it's also designed surprisingly good, for example if I tried to make something like this I would completely fail at making an enderdragon and stuff, but I LOVE your version of the end. And everything else :3 ANYWAY, yeah, great map, REALLY hope it makes it onto the server :D