Accepted [Zombie] House of Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terre936

Reaction score
Map Authors: Me, and chaoticbinary
Map Border: The whole plot that the map is in.
Round Time: 360 seconds
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Spawn Locations: -817, 65, 504

Survivor kits:
Survivor:Leather helmet, leggings, boots. stone sword and 6 bread.

Archer:Leather helmet, chest plate, boots. Wooden sword, bow+16 arrows and 8 bread.

Researcher: Full leather armor, Wooden sword, 26 apples, Insta Health II, and a book. (There are chests outside the main entrance with everything that is listed above including what's in the book)

Juggernaut kit: Egregore, Full Diamond armor, Diamond Sword, Bow+32 arrows, 8 cooked steak and porkchop, and an insta health II potion.

Hunter kits:
Spectre(Dark Hunter kit): Chain Chestplate, leggings, boots, Iron sword, bow +10 arrows

Phantom: Splash invis pot (2:15), leather chestplate, chain leggings, boots and stone sword.

Will-o'-the-wisp: Chain chestplate, leggings, boots (all with fire protection IV), flame I bow, fire aspect I gold sword, and fire res (3:00) potion.

Poltergeist: Chain chestplate, leather leggings, chain boots, Knock back II wooden sword, Punch II bow

Block Restrictions:
Survivors can only place torches and levers.
Survivors cannot break anything.
Hunters can only place torches and levers.
Hunters cannot break anything.

Optional Notes:
Fall Damage: No
Disable /loc

warp on create is /warp Mansion
also, this isn't for the map competition.

Last edited:

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
The map is quite small, which isn't much of a problem as long as there aren't too many people online. As for the house design, there isn't much block variation, but its not too much of a problem because it still looks quite nice. There are quite a few different rooms which could make camping a problem, although I was pleased to see there are a number of entrances and exits to the house.

As for kits wise, they seem to be fairly balanced, although there is no point having an invisibility potion for the Phantom kit as you will always be able to see the hunter head piece. The survivor kit with fire may be a bit overpowered considering the chests on the map, which brings me to the biggest issue for the map. Chests

There isn't much chest variation in the map, the main contents in them is food, stone swords, and chain armour, although there are one or two pieces of iron around the map. This means that the hunter kits are just as good as what you can find in the map, so the hunters may struggle to kill survivors.

I would be up for trying it, to +1 for now

Last edited:

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
This map is very creative and fun, and the chests seem fairly balanced. I'm positive it'll give the players an enjoyable experience, and that gets a [BCOLOR=#00ff00]+1[/BCOLOR] from me.

Reactions: Fragile

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Terre, thanks for your submission!

I'm going to be going with a +1. While the map is a bit small, it makes up for it in it's vertical height, having 3 floors, and the interior isn't too bad. There's a decent outside area to run around in, too. While I think this would be a better FFA map than a Zombie map, I can tell you put in a lot of work with balancing the chests, so I wouldn't want to take that away from you. Though, maybe we'll be able to find a way to test it as both gamemodes if you'd be fine with that!

Either way, I'd like to see how it plays out.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Well you have had some mixed feedback, but we will try it out. AoDStaff Please keep an eye on the map to see how it plays out. On the server now (when the lobby gets back up). Please let me know of any issues with config/map.

-Accepted

• Thank You
Reactions: Naoh and Terre936
Status
Not open for further replies.