Accepted [Zombie] Flames of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Flames of Time
Map Author: Catcocomics
Game Type: Zombie
Map World Border: Marked by the edges of the plot (i.e., five blocks away from mainland in each direction)
Warp: FlamesofTime (It's on my competition plot)
Round Time: 300 sec for now...
Prep Time: 60 sec
Spawn Points: I'm doing something new and making spawns dependent on kits rather than teams:
[BCOLOR=#33cccc]Future's Light spawn[/BCOLOR]:

Blue Fire spawn:

Ancient Longing spawn:

Kits: There are three kits, accessible to both Hunters and Survivors, which can be viewed here:

Block Restrictions: No one can break or place anything.
Fall Damage: Yes
Drowning: N/A: no water present in liquid form
Use /loc: Yes
/loc Randomness: 10
Build Height: Default

Additional Notes:
I shouldn't have to add anyone despite it being on a plot, since there are no canon chests to be looted and the kits, apart from having descriptive signs, can probably be pick-blocked (it seems they finally fixed pick-block NBT storage).

All the launchers should send players 30 blocks straight up into the air.

If possible, please disable packed-ice "speed-boosts" when this map is active, unless you want to see lots of people being launched into the Ice Flow or off the map entirely.

Lastly, I'm having the Diamond Chestplate that all kits get swapped with Diamond Leggings, since Elytra must take the chestplate slot and the chestplate would give blue fire a slightly unfair advantage in that they alone could go to any section of the map without removing their extra protection.

Other Images:

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Thanks for your submission Catcocomics!

First of all, sadly it's not possible to have different spawns for kits. You have to think of another way to do the spawns. Nor do I think it's possible to disable the packed-ice boost, we can just replace it all to normal ice though.

The map is very different from most zombie maps but it might be refreshing to have a short, open battlefield map. Spawncamping may turn into a problem however. I'm also afraid that if only some people would have elytras they can go to unreachable places and camp from there.

What I suggest is placing the hunter spawns on a higher point (not reachable for humans) and giving them all an elytra in the kit so that they can reach all humans and kinda attack from the air. Humans then have to to work together on the battlefield to fend off hunters.

Please let us know what you mean to do about the spawns.

+1

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Ok, in that case, I'll go ahead and replace the packed ice, the spawns currently present will be randomized for survivors, and I'll build new spawns above the current spawns for the hunters.
It is also my intent for all kits to have Wings of an Old Hero, Balance of Ice, and Permanent Jump Boost 2.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for submitting the map!

I'm not too sure how gameplay would turn out on this map as it is very small and may lead to very quick rounds if there are a lot of players online, however I'm sure if there is any problems we as the staff will iron them out! I like the kits so I do think this will be a very interesting map to play and for that reason I will give it a +1.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi catco, thanks for submitting this map.
As said before me, the maps relatively small but this can bring very interesting rounds, also with the elytra's this can add a nice aspect to the map when the player amount is high or low.

+1

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply I'm on vocation right now so I didn't have access to wifi in a while and I can only jugde this map by the information you put in your map submission.
I like how this map is very open as I think it encourages big fights in the map which I find rare on the maps we have right now but I really like the idea. I definitely like how the map is arranged therefore I'll go with a +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.