Declined [Zombie] Farore's Silent Realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map name: Farore's Silent realm
Map Author: Catcocomics
Size of Map: 192x192/1 full Builder Plot.
Center of Map: shouldn't matter too much... unless people are fly hacking, the wall of trees will stop them.

Kits:
Survivors:
Hero's Spirit:
A pair of leather boots (dyed: black). Survivors not to remove boots.
Invisibility for 180 seconds
Night Vision for 999999 seconds
Fire Resistance for 999999 seconds
Swiftness 3 for 999999 seconds on second thought, make the survivors'
boots have +60% speed on them.
Hunters:
Guardian (Land):
Full Iron Armor (minus the helmet) and Iron Sword with Sharpness 20
Invisibility for 999999 seconds
Swiftness 2 for 999999 seconds
Guardian (Sky):
Leather Tunic (dyed: white) and Iron Sword with Sharpness 20
Fire Resistance for 999999 seconds
Jump Boost 2 for 999999 seconds
Watcher (Land):
Leather Tunic (dyed: white), 3 splash potions of Invisibility 2 for 3 seconds, and a
potion of harming 12
Swiftness 3 for 999999 seconds

Download Link: Found in my second plot on Build Box. Warp: FSR

Breakable blocks: none, not even the grass.
Command blocks: the "Tears" each need a command block set to "Effect @p 15 999999"no, hold on a second... when did I make these permanent invisibility? At any rate, they could also be a bit more... umm... well, let's just put it as this: "effect @a[r=2] 15 90", and if that's too long an invisibility, then we can change it to 30 seconds instead of 90.
There are 15 tears, each marked by a different color of wool from orange to black (1 to 15), as there are 15 "tears", just like in an actual Silent Realm.
Also, build time: 90 seconds, to give people time to spread out.
Original thread: http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/farores-silent-realm.17696/

It may be noted that I probably just copied this from the comp thread and modified it to look new.
Just put simply, today was one of those days where school was particularly draining for no logical reason, and it may have put me in a foul mood (different from most foul moods, since most people in a foul mood are kind of POed, and I'm just slightly grumpy and wanting to not get involved in anything that requires much thought).

If you have questions, you can bugger off until tomorrow or a later day that I'm not in a foul mood on I'll still answer the questions, but I might not be totally understandable in my response.

Also worth noting that spoilers can't be copied and pasted so easily...

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Just like last time, a *hesitant* +
I like the idea of the map and I think it at least deserves a shot.

As a side note- I'm sorry that this had to be submitted three times. As you know, we had to decline your map the first time because AoD was going down only two weeks later. The second time was actually because of the map itself- and you know why.
Good luck!

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Hey, can we maybe try to avoid having me submit this for a fourth time please?
I know there's a massive pile of map submissions and all, but this one's been waiting for over six months.
It's almost like staff get busy from time to time.

For one, quite frankly, I'd rather have the staff be voting on actual Comp submissions, since you know, events take priority to stop others from waiting.

And secondly, to say your map has been "waiting for six months" quite honestly makes me want to vote this map low for the amount of rudeness. Map submissions aren't going to have a yes/no decision in a couple days. Especially with the amount of maps we have to do already. You didn't even take the time to tidy up your submission, it's just a complete copy/paste from the last one. (And not to mention you re-submitted it on your own time, and it's been just over a week since you re-submitted.)

So please, stay in your own lane and let the staff get to the maps when they can get to them. Thanks.

Since I'm already here, though, I'll go with a 0. I'm not as impressed as I thought I would have been.

• Agree
Reactions: Naoh and Fragile

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Sorry, the point was that my map was on the bottom of the first submissions page, and noticing that a fair few of the newly submitted maps had already received one or twos votes + comments in
a couple days
, I kind of felt a little shunned to say the least.

However, I'm kind of disappointed for you to throw
I'd rather have the staff be voting on actual Comp submissions
at me like that and call me rude when all I asked was that my third (and final) submission for this map not be forgotten under a pile of other submissions that are less than a week old, and there for, not competition submissions.

Now, as far as making a 'tidy' re-submission that isn't a total 'copy/paste', yeah, you have a point; I did pretty much copy and paste prior submissions (twice), but really, do you actually want me to go and retype all the information again and to just say the exact same thing with different wording?
Sure, I might be a lucky individual who gets to spend seven hours relaxing at home on a normal school day after 3:35 p.m., but there are two fairly important reasons why instead of completely retyping the submission, I just copied and pasted it and then modified it. (plus, those seven hours I'm allowed after school are used primarily to not be mentally half-dead at school the next day).
The first and more personal reason is that being a Junior in high school really limits the amount of mental energy I can have when not on a holiday, and I personally don't feel like blowing three days' remainder's energy on retyping and getting new snapshots on a re-submission, especially when I could potentially use that energy on more important things like new projects and having fun with friends, which is what I'm mainly here to do.

The second and more practical reason is that virtually nothing has changed about this map (except maybe a few minor things like a small structure or naturalizing of terrain) between submissions. Any changes that are made (primarily to things like kits, round time, etc...) can be found as a modification to the original submission.

Now, if we can stop criticizing simple, non-specific requests, I'd like to get this over with at what ever rate the AoD staff feel like, and if all past this goes smoothly, I might consider trying to make a new map within a few weeks.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
This map is very different from anything currently on the server, so has that going for it, but we don't really think it would be suitable for the server. Also, command blocks may cause an issue, and we don't currently have anything to do that for us, so I will have to deny this map.
-Declined

• Sad
Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.