Your Top 5 VGM Tracks

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
On the search for more music! (when I should be sleeping)

What're your top five video game music tracks in any order? Try to only use one track per game, and state the genre if you'd like!

1. Machinarium - Mr. Handagote // Electronic
  2. Alan Wake - The Clicker // Instrumental
  3. Bastion - Set Sail, Coming Home // Vocals, acoustic, frontier
  4. To the Moon - Everything's Alright // Vocals, hopeful?
  5. Persona 3 - Burn My Dread // Vocals, rockjazzstrangejapanesemusic?
It was hard to pick only five, but otherwise things will get cluttered. Gogogo!

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com

Melody (Maria's theme) Tchaikovsky's Melody - Mad Father. Classical music. I really love this piece, it always gives me the chills.

Lisa's theme - Silent Hill. I'm too noob to know what genre to classify this under though.

I have other osts, but these are the only two I can think of and find at the moment.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JKangaroo

HarmakAnna

Reaction score

It's hectic and gives the feeling that the end of the world is coming. Which it is. It also compliments how frustratingly difficult the final boss is.

Go read the description on YT.

Can easily be exchanged for Crisis City Classic, I can't really decide which one is better. The remixes are incredible and, for a city being destroyed by fire, is fairly fitting.

Electric guitar with an instrument that may or may not be violin. I don't need to say much more.

I won't bother saying why this one is great. It's Grant Kirkhope.

These aren't in order.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - "Icarus"

Dragon Age Origins - "I Am The One"

Red Dead Redemption - "Deadman's Gun"

Civilization V: Gods and Kings Theme

Bioshock Infinite - "Elizabeth"

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
Theres no real order for my top 5 video game tracks :D
Song of healing - legend of Zelda majora's mask

Aquatic Ambiance - Donkey Kong Country

Crystal Palace Crawl - Paper mario

Gerudo Valley - Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time

Live and Learn - sonic Adventures 2

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Try to only use one track per game, and state the genre if you'd like!
But... But... Papa Reyvn!...
It's so hard to pick just 5 soundtracks. D:
There's just so many great tracks that need the love and attention they deserve. <3
I hope you don't mind me--- possibly including just a bit over 5. >.<

I love Video Game Music that just--- leaves an impression.
VGM tends to just, provide so much emotion and just adds so much to a game, and just makes the experience so much more powerful.
I normally prefer instrumentals, though I've been fairly addicted to songs with a lot of choir's or just voices in the background providing that extra musical charm.

I don't really have favourites in terms of VGM music--- I just like the music that seems awesome to me.
I can't discriminate against the music man. D:
I think I'll start simple with... (oh and this is in no order)
1) Lock's Quest - Prologue
This is totally an underrated game on the DS in my opinion. It's from the creators of Scribblenauts and Drawn to Life, though I've never met a person who new of this game they made in between those projects. The Prologue just felt like a nice introduction to game and an interesting world. Although none of the music is as good as it is experienced while playing in game, the Prologue still pretty epic.

2) Liberation Maiden - Stage 5 Boss Theme
I--- just got this for 5 dollars on the DS eshop (okay yeah, a bit overboard with DS so far but----)
Seriously for a game that is so short and really only meant for an experimental development session by Level-5.... DANG is it such a high-quality game. Plus, an Anime-Japanese styled game that plays amazingly and has fantastic styled music?! WHO WOULDN'T PLAY IT. :3

3) Dragon Age: Origins - Lelianna's Song
DKnucklehead the next time we ever decide to take a break and play a bit of Civ 5 again together, we MUST discuss the beauty that was Dragon Age Origins, because THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting that song for the rest of the world to see.
Although not my romance option (I took Morrigan, sorry), I still found and teared up a bit at the beauty of Lelianna's stories and this wonderful song. Dragon Age just resonates atmosphere and feels like such a well established world.

(SORRY, It was too long so I had to make a second post to continue it. :p)

Reactions: DKnucklehead

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
CONTINUED FROM ABOVE. (sorry xD)
4) Civilization 5 - China: Wu Zetian's Peace Theme
DKnucklehead I hate and love you so much because you totally picked 3 franchises whose music I just bloody LOVE.
I don't actually like the Gods and Kings theme, and I actually really expected you to pick the Arabian theme since you play them so much (dat Kingdom of Texas bro). I like China's AND England's themes, and I wanted to put both but I didn't. >.<

5) Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty - Fire and Fury
Best cutscene from Wings hands down. Music totally gives off the wonderful atmosphere. Blizzard--- makes me just want them to just create fantastic movies with that cut-scene talent. I mean seriously, Blizzard and Square Enix totally just create the best gaming cut-scenes ever.

6) World of Warcraft - Night Elves & Arthas My Son...
OKAY I'M SORRY. I THOUGHT I ONLY INCLUDED 5 FRANCHISES BUT IT TURNS OUT I MISCALCULATED AND ENDED UP WITH SIX. BUT THIS HAS TO BE MY FAVOURITE TRACKS OUT OF THIS BUNCH.
Okay so--- I only played WoW for maybe--- 2 years, and really only from the beginning of Wrath to the beginning of Cataclysm.
But--- Wrath had to be the most atmospheric expansion and was generally just my favourite. I just can't leave Northrend and it leaves my heart in tatters seeing Dalaran so empty now. Although that was my favourite, Cataclysm bested it in the music department after they reworked the world.
WoW pretty much was my "magnum opus" (in a sense) of gaming for me. The world just captured me so much, I still (am probably am going to) just want to return to it and play again. If a game leaves such an impression as that, then the developers truly have created a great gaming experience and that can stick with so many people.
(oh, yeah, I play a Night Elf if you couldn't tell by the choice of soundtrack. ;))

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
Try to only use one track per game, and state the genre if you'd like!
I hope you don't mind me--- possibly including just a bit over 5. >.<
Ah, it's fine ^^; It's just a little music thread, nothing serious.

Also Fire and Fury has such a good cut-scene, like really good.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo