Your Thoughts On: God Of War Ascension

radman573

Reaction score
Hello peeps, just wanted to find out what you thought of GoW Ascension (no spoilers). I found it to be not the strongest of the series, but visually stunning and fun to play (for the most part....). In my opinion, the reuse of some of the most annoying enemies together (the sirens and those armored elementals for example) was one of the biggest drawbacks, as at times the game wasn't fair due to the fact that there was nothing you could do except get raped by some of the most annoying ranged attacks and frequent hard-hitting physicals. Even with this, I found it to be one of the easier games in the series as a whole, EXCEPT parts like the Trial of Archimedes (oh god), a couple of boss fights, and the frequent horde of rehashed enemies. The story wasn't that bad, although a little rushed in some parts and hard to follow in others as the game is mostly in flashback, and the bosses aren't as epic as facing the gods like in previous installments. I have yet to try the multiplayer, although I am looking forward to it has gotten good reviews for the most part.

I would definitely recommend this to people who are fans of the series, but if you plan on this being your first, I would highly suggest playing the first three before you tackle this one, as familiarity to the series will not only aid your understanding of the story, but it will also help in some of those "special" fights :)

So...... what are your thoughts?