your minecraft life story

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
what's up guys!
sometimes in curious how some people started with minecraft so I thought "let's make a thread about it"
You explain here how you started with minecraft, where at which communities you have been and how you heard of blocktopia.
so I guess I'll start with my story first:

I was 12 when I heard of minecraft for the first the from my cousin, I started playing it and it was awesome! My friends started playing too and we built awesome structures. After a while my friend said I should try out online so I went with him online and we found several cool servers and one of (my personal) best (that's now gone though): deltagamers.com Dreamworld (a kind of classic buildbox) i started to play every day atleast 4 hours minecraft and i started playing other servers of the same community like deltagamers.com lava survival and deltagamers.com zombie survival. After playing there for half a year I gained trusted and after a month overseer (veteran trusted), deltagamers growed over 3000 members and had always full servers but suddenly , when it hit a top... It stopped :(. The owner resigned and sold it. No big deal but then the new owner a former admin of deltagamers resigned too and sold it (without knowing) to 2 hackers. The website went down and the servers ran for a whole month without donations but then one by one they went black and we all said goodbye. After that I had a "black period" where I didn't played minecraft but suddenly,I hear of blocktopia so I though let's check it out. And I joined it on classic, and after a while,I began to play it more and more and so I ended up at awesome servers like AoD and buildbox. I still miss my old community very much. Not because I was (almost) operator there but because I had real friends there. My wish was to get the same kind of friends here at blocktopia and it's working pretty good now :)

the funny thing i still remember that at deltagamers we used to make fun of blocktopia like the guy that coded all the servers coded them that when you said "blocktopia" it turned into "bantopia"

so this was my life story of how I started playing minecraft, you can kinda say that I'm still sad about the lost of a great community but joining here really eased it :')
I'm looking forward to read other "life stories"
o/ demonic_mstrstn

G

Guest35486

My friend showed me Blocktopia lava survival. Few months later, another friend gave me a gift code. Later, Blocktopia's classic servers were shut down. So I went to premium. ...That's it.

D

Deleted member 4601

I'm sure there's a similar thread somewhere, but I don't see harm in sharing my story :)

I was introduced to Minecraft by my friend. I was only 9 years old back then. However, I was addicted to other games then, so I didn't get interested at all.

Late 2010, after more than 1 year later, I was introduced to Minecraft again, by browsing the Internet. This time, when I actually saw some in-game footage, I got really interested.

However, when I visited the website, I found out that the game was paid. I was about to search for other games when I found out about classic. This was when I started playing classic singleplayer.

After figuring out how to create a minecraft account, I was all excited to play multiplayer.

When I was playing singleplayer, I was always curious about the bottom layer of lava, which led me in searching for 'lava' in the server list.

This was when I started playing Blocktopia lava survival. Unfortunately, I was busy with exams ever since, so there was a huge period when I didn't play Blocktopia at all.

Late 2012, my family went to a vacation to China. Although I had lots of fun, I was sad that I lost a source of entertainment, YouTube, as it is blocked in China.

As a result, I turned to Minecraft. That's when I started to become focused in Blocktopia lava survival.

As classic slowly lost its popularity, I really dreaded the day where classic would close down. I actually predicted that classic won't last longer than till 1st May, and oh my, how right I was.

I really have to thank Blocktopia, as it was a Blocktopia member who gave me a premium account. That's why I'm still here today :D

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Lemme repost it:

Umm... I just copy it from my introduction thread:

I joined Blocktopia in 17th June 2011.
Next day I already was crafter in [Blocktopia] Lava Survival.
Next month I was Master here.
I couldn't buy myself premium, so CaramelCow decided to buy it for me.
Araidian convinced him to do so, although he forgot about it all already XD.
So came 18th August 2011 and from that date I was happy diamond miner:
So I was happily lava surviving and SMPing (got Citizen on October 2011 I think),
until WILD PRIMORDIA HAS COME AND CHANGED EVERYTHING! (caps to add effect).
I loved new server. I didn't joined my friends instantly, instead I was part of Gaia till December (November?) 2011.
I mastered crafter line to blacksmith and got promoted to nobility - and moved to Dagon.
It was ~80% classic LS regular playerbase.
Some fun things happened like this:

But little time later it became clear, that Primordia was getting unstable, like drunk mystcraft world.
Both plugins started derping. Some players betrayed their own clans. And them big BOOM has come.
[February 2012].
Blocktopia was never same again. This was period where Blocktopia has changed most for me rapidly.
Some people lost commitment/suffered withdrawl/quit. Classic was newer as popular as it used to be (although there might be other reasons too.).
I stayed here hard like a rock. I never lost hope for a server with lots of plugins although I estimated it to be at ~1.9 full release (lul overshoot XD).
I enjoyed A+T, Solitude and AoD a lot although I missed good SMP server. I was also playing on other classic servers. I reached 1.0 KDR in classic TNT.
On these premium servers there used to be a lot of my friends, but stopped playing here at least in my timezone.
I never liked SMP 4 for begin too harsh in general - Terragon III and many other colonies failed due to insane crime levels (Exaggeration to add effect).
Then Premium LS come - fun server to play. Gave me some more hope for good SMP server.
Suddenly a "Project Sexy" [November 2012] came to existence - a heaven compared to SMP 4 ;).
Rest of stuff you guys know.

----
Now I should write stuff for 2013 year too.
I loved Elysium since its first days, built underground base near Hobbiton (didn't knew about its existence back then).
I got Aristocrat rank since some time later. I joined Snowfall and got kicked out of it (It died out due to boredom/did everything, so I would leave it anyway), so I joined Hobbiton.
In meantime Classic was in deep agony. when classic TNT was shutdown and premium TNT was released.
Few weeks later remaining classic servers got shutdown thus starting fourth era.
Of course that was worse "server shutdown drama" on closure of Classic than Primordia.
Hobbiton became Sancti satellite, as Holy Cake Empire was expanding and expanding.
There was some temporary resistance against Sancti, but now only Wisteria is actively opposing it.
Hobbiton changed its owner to Wisteria, but I stayed loyal to Sancti.
I never applied for staff nor used TS. I just don't need it, also I'm Neutral Neutral - I feel like citizen of Blocktopia rather than server.
Fourth Era of Blocktopia looks bright with our dedicated staff ;)
1.7 is getting rewritten from basics - what could it mean for Blocktopia? Let see....

----
So TNT was shutdown for second time, as our TNT dev disappeared. Its currently under development.
JtE got shutdown as 1.7 was drawing near. 1.7.X is going to be my new favorite version - new biomes and reliable sprinting and many new colorful blocks.
Discordia, 7th Blocktopia SMP is waiting for craftbukkit. It takes them long, because they changed 500 thousands lines of code or so.
Its going to be a lot of fun ;)
Also seeing 1.7.3 will trigger nostalgia every time, as I got premium, when MC was Beta 1.7.3 :)

No one knows, what will happen here in 2014 year.... except of another SMP at end of year, if Discordia survives one year.

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
I first joined Stormcom Freebuild as xlushx, with my friend LilStar, back around October 2010, was a total nub and dug tunnels and built pyramids everywhere. Then her twin, iLiL <3, who used to be an op here, suggested Zombie Survival. And there you have it, me basically being a dumbass and getting myself banned for hacking. I then changed my username to grimmjowforever, which was a deleted tumblr blog link.

D

DarkHender

While in my 8th grade class back in 2010 I was shown Minecraft by some acquaintances, then went home and played the old classic single player for about 2 hours straight when it only felt like 10 minutes. (Weirdest feeling I ever felt).School computer went away over the summer so nothing interesting there happened, no minecraft.
Then back in September I started playing on a old account of mine on some random servers until I decided I needed a less sillyname, DarkHender was born! Or well atleast the name was, I then played on a server with the name "Dark's server" or something, it was not mine and it doesnt even exist anymore though It was my first server where I was actually ranked as a builder+. I ended up leaving that server for reasons I don't even remember clearly. I then joined a different community, where I had my first friendly experience in minecraft and actually made friends. After getting operator on that server I ended up leaving due to one of the higherups wiping all ranks because of a silly excuse.
Then I found Blocktopia! I first saw the zombie server, but looked mored into the lava survival. I got bored after 15 minutes and left to zombie and thats what basically got me, zombie stuck to me like glue.
I staffed, I made friends, I got premium, I've staffed some more and here I am :D

Kordra

Reaction score
When I was in the 7th grade (2009), I heard a lot of my friends talking about it. I was living in North Carolina at the time. One of my best friends. Blake, told me about this game called "Minecraft". I was in a after school program with Blake because my foster parents at the time had to work long hours, so Blake and I talked about this game ALOT. About a month later, I finally bought Minecraft for my birthday the day before "The Halloween Update". Ever since then I have been loving every second of this amazing game. One of my favorite quotes from Notch is, "I wanted to make a game that was completely open to the player, there would be no doors you couldn't enter, no rooms that you couldn't access, I wanted to make Minecraft, but I just didn't know it yet."

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
Edited version of the other life story i posted in the other other other other thread.

----

hi

I joined in july 12, 2013 2012 2011 2010

I was lurking in the Marble Blast Forums (LOL NARDO POLO)
so then some guy (name was Rokoshu) started talking about minecraft here

so then the next day I tested out singleplayer, I remember digging noobie tunnels and flooding shit
I made an account and finally decided to try multiplayer
then I played on a server for 1 day, it was called "Just another Minecraft Server", then I got banned. (i got banned for "griefing" since my left mouse button got jammed/stuck).
I sent an email to notch because i was a 9 year old noobie asking to be unbanned. of course he didn't reply because he was probably like "some dumb noobie, meh". I was eventually unbanned a month later though, so its no biggie now.
So I sucked it up and found some server. it was called "TheOne's Zombie". I was like "what the hell? hackers managed to hack minecraft to a zombie survival?" so i curiously clicked on the link.
I was right, except there were no hackers. The first thing I saw was a round starting on the map "ship". I didn't know what to do so I just ran around and I was eaten.

a few days later i found that TheTwo's TheOne's had other servers as well. I liked build server the most and somehow i got promoted to adv builder (the equivalent to trusted back then) by PandaBear. Speaking of PandaBear, he's a she. i later joined the forums on August 12, 2010.
i left from sept 2010 - oct 2010 because build fucked up and was down for a month. when it came back up I rejoined.

surprise! a 10 year old kiddie is promoted to build operator. people always thought i was like 18 or something. i was surprised and i did not tell my age until my aristocrat application.

i was demoted on january 1, 2011, because of misconduct. i wasnt that surprised though, because i was barely 10 years old. i later moved back to the zambies zombie survival.
i became handpicked to trusted on july 2011.

then i was demoted from trusted for some unspecified reason, no one told me, some people said i was demoted to make space
being demoted from trusted was the worst moment in Blocktopia that i ever experienced, it made me leave blocktopia for months

then i reluctantly visited buildbox and got hooked once again
then i played jte and joined sancti
i helped biblius get sancti to a large-ass empire with 200+ people
THEN DAVID MET SUPERSTEIN AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE

:) the end :)

dannyboymed

Without a title
Reaction score
September 9th, 2010, I was reading Rock Paper Shotgun for some reason, and I stumbled across this article.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09/09/minecraft-dev-to-start-his-own-studio/

The colourful craziness of the article picture got me interested in what I could do in this blocky world, so I went and checked out single player Minecraft Classic, and I fucked about digging massive holes and building simple little houses and being amazed at the fluidity of the world.

It didn't take me long to get bored of single player Classic, so I made an account and jumped into multiplayer Classic. Minecraft was still in Alpha at this stage and SMP was a buggy mess, so Classic was still the place to be, where all the fun was.

I joined a few different servers and messed about building things and destroying things, before coming across a Lava server, and I was intrigued, so I jumped in. I really enjoyed playing on that lava server. The only thing I didn't like was how long the rounds seemed to go on for!

I showed some of my friends Minecraft around this time, and one of them started going on some zombie server. I joined to have a look one day and didn't really like it that much, but went back occasionally. The more I went back, the more I liked it and kept playing it, and not lava!

It took me quite a while to connect that the lava server I'd been playing on and the zombie server I was now playing on were both part of TheOnes! (And I can't even remember the exact point TheOnes changed name to Blocktopia) I bought Premium in December 2010, because I wanted my own skin.. I wasn't even that interested in Premium x]

I think I got Zombie Trusted in January 2011 then Op in maybe March 2011? The dates have all gone from my head now. Then eventually I was VetOp for a little while in like August or September or so, before eventually resigning. I miss Zombie!

Airkid

Reaction score
Airkid You want to share your bacon flavored story with us?
wait wat why me? xD but sure, here's my minecraft story.

I started playing Minecraft on September 2010. The first community I ever visited was a community called Degneboligs. I spent hours and hours on their lava survival server, and one day they started talking about a community called TheOnes. They were saying that the servers that TheOnes had sucked, and how nobody should ever visit them, so I decided to visit TheOnes(rebel)! I found out that the Lava Survival server over here was pretty cool, and much better than the one they had, so I decided to stay here.

I've been banned once on the classic build server, twice on the classic lava survival server and once on the zombie survival server, but I also became operator twice on zombie survival and once on AoD.

I've pretty much stayed with this community for my entire Minecraft life, but I have joined other communities such as Caznowl whilst still playing here. I managed to get Head Overseer on the CMP and SMP that they had. I resigned a couple of days after I got the position at the CMP, but then they gave me a chance to be a head overseer at the SMP server, so I decided to stay there and I resigned after a few months.
That's my minecraft story! (kinda short, but i dont wanna type more :( )

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Basically i reached one of those dry points in my life with no games or motivation to play any in my life. Back then i was still on a Windows XP computer. I was using my DSi with an amazing app called "Flipnote Hatena" Wich some of you might know about. And on Flipnote Hatena. Minecraft hell broke loose one day.
Minecraft flipnotes
Minecraft adventures
Minecraft animated adventures
Minecraft flipnote creators
Minecraft channels
Minecraft sprite packs
Minecraft parodies
MINECRAFT, MINECRAFT, MINECRAFT
WHAT IS THIS FUCKING MINECRAFT YOU SPEAK OFF?
I ignored it for around a week before i decided to google it out of boredom.
I got 2 links. Minecraft.net and Wikipedia.com. Me being a lame-ass bastard took Wikipedia.
It was AWESOME. It's like the huge tub of legos underneath my desk. BUT ON MY PC!
I youtube-searched it. watched some videos "EPIIIIIC"
Sooo i installed Java. I went to Minecraft.net and started up classic.
Didn't work. Re-installed java. Went to Minecraft.net and started up classic again.
Didn't work.
Repeated the above 5 times.
Didnt work
I cried
I went down to my mom asking if she could help me.
She was cooking dinner.
I cried
I restarted my PC out of Rage (Wow)
I went to Minecraft.net. And started up classic.
Minecraft WORKED
I was smiling while watching this loading screen.
Then. Minecraft CLASSIC started up
"WTF IS DIS CRAP? ITS NOTHING LIKE DOSE YOUTUBE VID-EEH-OOHS"
I cried.
I raged
I screamed
I found out that i needed to PAY FOR MINECRAFT.
So me being a lame-ass bastard (Again) Downloaded minecraft.
Ilegally
Via an Anjo Caido launcher (Man i haven't said that name in AGES)
I started up minecraft 1.6.3 Beta and had fun.
I updated to 1.7. 1.8. Skipped 1.9. Updated to 1.0. A few weeks later it was christmas. My grandma bought me Minecraft. And i lived
Happily
Ever
After...........
THE
END
Of the prequel.

I bought Minecraft legally. So what now?
I joined a community That is currently dead (At least it's name is dead. The community is still there but with a different name where i am the mighty [Super Mod]) Called Nebulon. I joined because they had Spleef. Like 1 hour later my spleefy dreams were CRUSHED UNDERNEATH A BIG PILE OF DIAMOND SHOVEL THAT FELL INTO A VOID WHERE THEY WOULD FALL FOREVER WHILE PEOPLE LAUGH AT IT FOR 5 YEARS BEFORE FALLING INTO A VULCANO WHERE THEY WOULD SLOWLY BURN TO DEATH. I started playing Survival. Me being a newb i bold my house 50 blocks from spawn. The owner gave me food. and i was set. An ex-friend of mine called Sum1Mad joined slightly afterwards. Another friend of mine called Davidwighall joined and this fucking bastard K3vin4w3s0m3 joined. Me and K3vin were best buds HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED HE IS A THREAT AND MUST BE EXTERMINATED IMMEDIATELY HE NUKES THE SERVER.

When my mom started acting like an ass i got kicked out of the house to "Go outside and make friends" (Pfft) So i went to the library and accessed the PC there. What was wrong? That's right. Minecraft Premium was blocked (FUUUUU) Me being a sad nostalgic bastard went to Classic server and saw "TNT Wars" Interesting. I joined. Effing Terre936 fucking owned me and i died. Dozens of times. I went to Blocktopia premium and joined AoD. This nice guy called Natsubros Told me how everything worked and i died. Dozens of times (Thanks a lot) The first map i played was fucking Desert so i had a (Very) Bad first impression of AoD (Good job)

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Basically i reached one of those dry points in my life with no games or motivation to play any in my life. Back then i was still on a Windows XP computer. I was using my DSi with an amazing app called "Flipnote Hatena" Wich some of you might know about. And on Flipnote Hatena. Minecraft hell broke loose one day.
Minecraft flipnotes
Minecraft adventures
Minecraft channels
Minecraft sprite packs
Minecraft parodies
I got 2 links. Minecraft.net and Wikipedia.com. Me being a lame-ass bastard took Wikipedia.
It was AWESOME. It's like the huge tub of legos underneath my desk. BUT ON MY PC!
Didn't work. Re-installed java. Went to Minecraft.net and started up classic again.
Didn't work.
Didnt work
I cried
She was cooking dinner.
I cried
Minecraft WORKED
I cried.
I raged
I screamed
Ilegally
I updated to 1.7. 1.8. Skipped 1.9. Updated to 1.0. A few weeks later it was christmas. My grandma bought me Minecraft. And i lived
Happily
Ever
After...........
THE
END
Of the prequel.

I joined a community That is currently dead (At least it's name is dead. The community is still there but with a different name where i am the mighty [Super Mod]) Called Nebulon. I joined because they had Spleef. Like 1 hour later my spleefy dreams were CRUSHED UNDERNEATH A BIG PILE OF DIAMOND SHOVEL THAT FELL INTO A VOID WHERE THEY WOULD FALL FOREVER WHILE PEOPLE LAUGH AT IT FOR 5 YEARS BEFORE FALLING INTO A VULCANO WHERE THEY WOULD SLOWLY BURN TO DEATH. I started playing Survival. Me being a newb i bold my house 50 blocks from spawn. The owner gave me food. and i was set. An ex-friend of mine called Sum1Mad joined slightly afterwards. Another friend of mine called Davidwighall joined and this fucking bastard K3vin4w3s0m3 joined. Me and K3vin were best buds HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED HE IS A THREAT AND MUST BE EXTERMINATED IMMEDIATELY HE NUKES THE SERVER.

When my mom started acting like an ass i got kicked out of the house to "Go outside and make friends" (Pfft) So i went to the library and accessed the PC there. What was wrong? That's right. Minecraft Premium was blocked (FUUUUU) Me being a sad nostalgic bastard went to Classic server and saw "TNT Wars" Interesting. I joined. Effing Terre936 fucking owned me and i died. Dozens of times. I went to Blocktopia premium and joined AoD. This nice guy called Natsubros Told me how everything worked and i died. Dozens of times (Thanks a lot) The first map i played was fucking Desert so i had a (Very) Bad first impression of AoD (Good job)
\o/ I FEEL SPECIAAAAAAL

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score

I started playing Minecraft on September 2010. The first community I ever visited was a community called Degneboligs. I spent hours and hours on their lava survival server, and one day they started talking about a community called TheOnes. They were saying that the servers that TheOnes had sucked, and how nobody should ever visit them, so I decided to visit TheOnes(rebel)! I found out that the Lava Survival server over here was pretty cool, and much better than the one they had, so I decided to stay here.

I've been banned once on the classic build server, twice on the classic lava survival server and once on the zombie survival server, but I also became operator twice on zombie survival and once on AoD.

I've pretty much stayed with this community for my entire Minecraft life, but I have joined other communities such as Caznowl whilst still playing here. I managed to get Head Overseer on the CMP and SMP that they had. I resigned a couple of days after I got the position at the CMP, but then they gave me a chance to be a head overseer at the SMP server, so I decided to stay there and I resigned after a few months.
Why does this story not include me exactly huh Airkid ? >:C

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Minecraft flipnotes
Minecraft adventures
Minecraft channels
Minecraft sprite packs
Minecraft parodies
Didn't work.
Didnt work
I cried
She was cooking dinner.
I cried
Minecraft WORKED
I cried.
I raged
I screamed
Ilegally
Happily
Ever
After...........
THE
END
Of the prequel.

\o/ I FEEL SPECIAAAAAAL
YOO ARE SPECIAAAAAAAL

• Thank You
Reactions: Natsu

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score

Why does this story not include me exactly huh Airkid ? >:C

you are only a (unimportant) little person in Airkid 's eyes

• Agree
Reactions: Airkid

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
  • Agree
Reactions: Notme

Julia Hansen

Reaction score
well about 2 years ago, their used to be a twisted kid in my class, real weird and sick....very dirty and ughh! just ewe... he used to download mine craft on the computers a lot at school, he got in trouble, everyone knew that this kid was addicted to minecraft... me and my friends all thought the game was terrible and horrible, really crap! until i was bored one day and was watching some youtube videos (vlogs that people did) and on youtube was an ad on minecraft... so i clicked, had a look on the site and thought, meh... YOLO so i bought it and played single-player for a bit and was just mucking around, i was a apart of a old small community that had only 50 players on average, and my friend used to own it. because i was good friends, i became op and started to manage the server with my friend, some stuff happened the owners account, causing the server to go all retarded, she couldn't access it and was forced to close it. mean time at school, i started to hang out with katthepretzel she was a mine-crafter, so the subject got brought up a lot, she told me about blocktopia, and i immediately joined, i explored the server trying out its new inside server, like bb, aod, rof, jte, tnt, i loved the server and i was some what addicted to it! couldn't get off! and much much much later here i am now, meeting new people and have a great time, and now knowing that all my friends now love mincraft! odd story, but thats how it all began

katthepretzel

Reaction score
well about 2 years ago, their used to be a twisted kid in my class, real weird and sick....very dirty and ughh! just ewe... he used to download mine craft on the computers a lot at school, he got in trouble, everyone knew that this kid was addicted to minecraft... me and my friends all thought the game was terrible and horrible, really crap! until i was bored one day and was watching some youtube videos (vlogs that people did) and on youtube was an ad on minecraft... so i clicked, had a look on the site and thought, meh... YOLO so i bought it and played single-player for a bit and was just mucking around, i was a apart of a old small community that had only 50 players on average, and my friend used to own it. because i was good friends, i became op and started to manage the server with my friend, some stuff happened the owners account, causing the server to go all retarded, she couldn't access it and was forced to close it. mean time at school, i started to hang out with katthepretzel she was a mine-crafter, so the subject got brought up a lot, she told me about blocktopia, and i immediately joined, i explored the server trying out its new inside server, like bb, aod, rof, jte, tnt, i loved the server and i was some what addicted to it! couldn't get off! and much much much later here i am now, meeting new people and have a great time, and now knowing that all my friends now love mincraft! odd story, but thats how it all began
Haha Yay for minecraft stories

• Agree
Reactions: Julia Hansen

Shocker

Reaction score
~Shocker's Beautiful, Romantic Minecraft Story~

Before I played minecraft, I played stuff like sonic the hedgehog and club penguin. I was watching this TV show called Good Game Spawn Point and they reviewed this game called minecraft (around this time it was like 1.8 beta or something) and I though kewl. They answered minecraft questions like this: hey I wuz juzt wunderin how do u end da game I fink ur awesome. They showed off their world and mob grinder. I wanted to get the game. I went on the website then found out it cost money so I was all like damn. My brother created coolitdude at this time. I watched mc videos and stuff. It looked amazing. I found out you could play multiplayer classic with an account, but I didn't care. A year later I saved up my money for a laptop. But I didn't get mc after a week. When I was going to get it, my parents were like HOLY CRAP 20 POUNDS THIS GAME IS $50 and said are you sure you wanna buy this. I said yes, then discovouring it was $27 ._.

My friends also wouldn't shut up about minecraft. I decided to call myself Shocker because my cousins and I pretend we are secret agents and I'm Agent Electric and my brother is Agent Fire and the 2 cousins are Agent Darko and Agent Rockstar. The 6666 part was because I thought usernames had to have numbers. I made 2 worlds, *my real name*'s world and Agent World. It was 1.2.5 at this time. I spawned in a jungle to see an ocelot poke it's butt in my face. I was like OMG A GIRAFFE AWESOME thinking it's tail was the neck. I encountered my first creeper on agent world and stuff. I got good at survival mode and made a creative world. I then remembered I could play classic multiplayer. Before I had minecraft, my friend, my brother and I played classic singleplayer taking turns. But today was the day for multiplayer. I saw a DIAMOND FREEBUILD SERVER and went on it. It was terrible so I saw this: [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival.

Benss10 and I played zombie survival a lot. One day, zombie survival was full so I saw lava survival and went on it. I first played on this map with a ship. I lived in the ship. I saw some staff like Neon_Penguin and masters like DSiGameMaster. I thought ah god a dating server, but as I played more, it was more fun. I soon stopped playing zombies after they added a new zombie skin.
I got to crafter, then builder, I made friends like SzOwnage, Kylieanna, lordj, Faliara etc. I soon started seeing someone building cakes, so I built creeper faces. I thought it was cool and built huge creepers out of green wool and obsidian. I soon became *the creeper* and enjoyed having fun and role playing. I got to advbuilder and bought my first creature, Creepeeeeey. The creature's special move was Sssss_BOOM! Lot's of my friends got promoted. rawrmynameisrex became trusted, then op, then vetop. Suikae and iHeartBoomer became ops. I thought one day, I would become staff. I got the title of [Charged Creeper]

I got master at Christmas time. 2013 had come and xgen had told me about Blocktopia's new adventure server, Journey to Elysium. I played it a bit, and had fun. I made a house near Port Ostia with NatureDragonWolf. I tried to join Snowfall, but got declined and had 2 other options at the time: Crucia or Wizards. ealev put me on trial for a week, and I became a member. I met Old_Man_Oak63, Shadova/77_is_the__best, _CaptainCake, Sephhh and nonamenut. The first dungeon, Ignis' Domain was announced. Snowfall had beaten it first, so we wanted to try it. 1st time was a fail. 2nd time we won. Then we did it for another 6 times.

When the closing of the classic servers were announced, I was sad because I had never had a chance to apply for staff. But I thought I could shine in JtE. I could be a good player. I soon got a forums account, and got to citizen. I became Crucia's Fisherman. Soon the aristocrat rank came, people like Sephhhh and raxo had gotten the rank. I then had an idea pop in my head. An Ice Rink of fun. No one except Hockeyfan, NatureDragonWolf and a few others helped me clear out space for the ice rink. When the clearing was done, I started building. It used stone brick, quartz pillars, nether brick and birch wood. I applied for aristocrat and got the rank. I loved it's usefulness and made a merchant. I fancied up the ice rink by adding a basement, a library, a recording studio and a buffet. Elysium came out and I loved all the islands. And quite soon after that, they announced the closing of JtE. I became very inactive with schoolwork and other crap. I came back, and loved DoD. I had joined Quasar, and was very cautious not to get killed. I had found diamonds on the first day, and then I lived happily ever after.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In the Fall of 2010 a friend of mine from school told me about this cool new game. He described it as "awesome", not saying what it was actually about. Knowing what he liked, I assumed it was a fantasy RPG or something similar. The game's name was Minecraft.
Only I misheard it and thought it was "Mindcraft" instead.

When I got home from school, I started up my PC and googled this "Mindcraft". Sure enough, it was a fantasy RPG and as I studied the game a bit closer for about 30 seconds, I thought to myself: "Nothing special" and went back to playing RuneScape. ._.

About 3 months later or so, my friend started talking about that game again and he proposed that he could show me the game a bit closer, after I told him that I had checked it out and didn't think much of it. Since I had nothing better to do that day after school anyway, I figured he could come by for an hour or so to show me the game that had gotten him so excited. So, after school we went to my place and I let my friend sit behind the computer.
He searched "Minecraft". I facepalmed behind him.

Now that I actually saw what he had been talking about, I instantly took a liking to the game. I had not seen anything like Minecraft before and I soon spent all my computer time playing Minecraft Classic. When that same friend got the full version for his birthday just weeks later, I got to try the full version, which I liked even more. I spent my time building castles, towers, houses and more. I also started to watch some videos about premium Minecraft, just to get an idea of the full game. Also because the Yogscast was funny to watch.

At some point, Classic singleplayer got boring. It was then that I finally made myself an account and started looking for a server to play on from the classic server list. I named my first account Falager, after my RS account. And the first server that I remember is Blocktopia's Lava Survival.
Since I only played a few rounds, I don't remember much else of it back then besides the name and the fact it had something to do with lava. Soon after, I stopped playing Minecraft and instead watched videos about the full version. When my sister got premium Minecraft for her birthday (although I wanted it more and before her), I started playing SSP, which was pretty much all I did for about a year or so.

My first experience with premium multiplayer was on a server called Mercy Unlimited, a simple SMP server. It was PvE and I even managed to make a friend there during the days I spent there. Back then, I still had to use my sister's account (Falagera, she just took my username and added an A to make it sound more feminine) which had a girl skin, so everyone took me for a girl. Mercy Unlimited went down for reasons unknown to me in mere days though and never came back up. So I went back to singleplayer.

And in the beginning of March 2012 I got seriously bored with singleplayer. I started looking for a classic server (my sister wouldn't let me use her account for multiplayer anymore). And the first server that popped in my head was Blocktopia's Lava Survival. I stayed there. I met some people, the first friends I made here were Claire1018 and Kylieanna, back then an AdvBuilder and a Master. The first staff members I remember are Calfish and xgen, who were both Trusteds at the time. We had fun together, built ducks together, the Duck Wars was a crazy, crazy thing that was going on for a bit. It was then that I made this account, Endersteve5, and I don't even remember why I made it. But now everyone knows me by this name and not the original and it has become a part of my identity and I quite like it myself as well.

I stayed here for three weeks, then I finally talked my sister into letting me use her account to play on premium servers. Back then I didn't know Blocktopia had other servers too. And so I soon found myself on a fresh whitelisted near-vanilla server called Nearly Vanilla. Initially I lived by myself in a desert vety close to the spawn. Then I moved away to live with a guy named gulu97 in his big castle. Back then it looked huge to me and really well built, although as I look back now, I realize that it was just a bunch of stone bricks piled on top of each other in a rather unoriginal way.

Anyway, I was really happy in Nearly Vanilla. After a map reset, me and gulu built a new castle together and lived there. Soon after, though, I moved out into a small village that some other players ran. That was two weeks before the shutdown of NV. For a week or so after the shutdown I didn't join any other server, hoping it would come back up, but it didn't. So I had to find the next server to settle in.

I immediately went back to Lava Survival after it became clear that Nearly Vanilla wasn't coming back up. That was at the end of May. I made myself an account on the forums, and started playing on Lava again. As I already had the Builder rank and a load of cookies from before I started playing on Nearly Vanilla, I ranked up to AdvBuilder pretty fast. In fact, I got AdvBuilder on my 14th birthday, June 6. I quickly made new friends now, one that I remember was minecrafttehbest, a rather fun and active girl, who unfortunately disappeared after a few weeks. In July I got to know the veterans better, like Lupus and SMC, the three of us formed Team Pink Sexy. Of the staff around at that time I remember most clearly and probably got to know the best Sploorky and ColorWar, who were VetOps. I think I can safely say that June and July 2012 was the best time I had on Classic Lava.

Meanwhile, at the end of June, my sister found a new, fresh server named Turtlecraft. It was run by a calm, mature guy called ben657. It was a cool server and I, of course, wanted to join, because it was rather similar to Nearly Vanilla, which I then considered the best server I had played on. But then I ran into some complications. My sister and I had made a deal: when it came to premium servers, she doesn't visit the servers I go to and vice versa, to avoid confusion (because I still hadn't got premium on my account yet). After much arguing, it became clear that she was not going to give in. Which meant that I had to find another way, because I really wanted to play there.

After thinking about it a bit, I grabbed 20€ from my personal funds (which are usually less than that) and went to talk to my dad. I asked him to buy Minecraft for me. Since he usually doesn't receive such things well and is particularly aggressive towards Minecraft, I didn't expect it to work.

But it did.

I guess it was because he was in a good mood at the time and because I carefully timed the question to a moment when he wasn't doing anything. But the main thing is, it worked. I may had lost 20€, but I felt like I got something far more precious in return. And at that point, it meant that I could play Turtlecraft without having to convince my sister for hours first.

To be continued later.

Reactions: Shocker

8bitChap

Reaction score
Well basically, I clawed and chained my heart in vain and joined, never asking why, I mined, I fell and love, no one can deny. Most people say I should walk away, but I would always say no.

I joined blocktopia like a wrecking ball. I just grabbed my blocks and swung. I never hit so hard with swords, all I wanted was to break some walls, that I built... because griefing wasn't allowed. Yeah, you, I'll break my walls...

ok the lyrics kind of cut off here because why not. lyrics by 8bitchap, something, something copyright symbol, something something 2014

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Well basically, I clawed and chained my heart in vain and joined, never asking why, I mined, I fell and love, no one can deny. Most people say I should walk away, but I would always say no.

I joined blocktopia like a wrecking ball. I just grabbed my blocks and swung. I never hit so hard with swords, all I wanted was to break some walls, that I built... because griefing wasn't allowed. Yeah, you, I'll break my walls...

ok the lyrics kind of cut off here because why not. lyrics by 8bitchap, something, something copyright symbol, something something 2014
THAT WAS SUCH A LONG AND DEEP STORY. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I cried all my tears out reading that story of adventure, love and betrayal. :cry: :cry: :cry:
It has to be published into a book and published where it will become THE BEST STORY OF ALL TIME :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: