Yay Google plus!

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Honestly, other than the obvious major flaws the YouTube comment section has (Unlimited character limit, clickable links, Google+ only), I quite like the comment section.

I mean, just look at the threading, at how replies are (usually) right below the comment they replied to, as well as hidden in a sense like our forum's comments on profiles work!

I mean, seriously, it's awesome.

... The problems just seem bigger than the awesome stuff they changed.

Superchops

Reaction score
What fucks me off particularly is the removal of Top Comments. It used to be that I would load a video, watch it, scroll down, look at the top comments in case there's anything funny there, then leave.

GUESS THOSE DAYS ARE GOOOOOONE.

F

Fjm12

The top comments part was probably one of the best parts of youtube videos, as they were often pretty funny. This "popular comments" shit is... just why.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Honestly, I'm in a whole other light with you guys and the popular comments.

What makes me sad is that they focused our attention on popular comments, as if recent comments aren't worth our time anymore.

Still, I like the ideas. I'm the pessimist here, and I'm being more optimistic about it than you all are. :p

Superchops

Reaction score
Still, I like the ideas. I'm the pessimist here, and I'm being more optimistic about it than you all are. :p
I feel like there are some times where optimism is the better way, but there are other times where you have to raise your voice about things. I respect your optimism but I'm also right behind anyone who's voicing their complaints about this whole business :p

anyone except those people who copy and paste "bob" comments ugh fuck that

Reaction score
The unlimited character for the comment section wasn't smart because now we have stupid arguements over stuff and art..plus people who put links that have viruses may f**k up someone's laptop. (I hate spammers who just type on random s**t for noo reason) but I know for a fact they won't change this plus for those who just want to comment and watch videos.

Superchops

Reaction score
The unlimited character for the comment section wasn't smart because now we have stupid arguements over stuff and art..plus people who put links that have viruses may f**k up someone's laptop. (I hate spammers who just type on random s**t for noo reason) but I know for a fact they won't change this plus for those who just want to comment and watch videos.
But the really long comments don't show up as being really long unless you click "expand comment". It's a non-issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: Duffie
Reaction score
But the really long comments don't show up as being really long unless you click "expand comment". It's a non-issue.
I usually use my phone for youtube soo yeah..

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I think that if we counted all the Bob army comments on youtube, the amount of tanks, machine guns and Bobs, their amount would form a millitary power greater than Russia perhaps.