WorldEdit Permissions for Builders: //line, //contract, //gmask

gettinthere

Reaction score
  1. //line - Create a line from region marker (corners)
  2. //contract - Shrink region size [supplement argument: we have //expand, why not //contract]
  3. //gmask - Global mask for all WorldEdit commands

Line: It comes in use when creating a line diagonally quickly.... what else would you need it for?

Contract: Useful in directly modifying selected region without use of tools or typing coordinates. (yes, I'm aware of pos/hpos, but I don't want to noclip to change the region space)

Gmask: While the most difficult to describe, it filters all WorldEdit commands as mask does for brushes. In my case, you can only move certain blocks in a region (the only time it "works" is with the above/below mask, I'm still finding instances of when and how it "works"). I'm unsure of how it impacts other players' WorldEdit commands, but the wiki entry does not list anything about such effects.

As for CraftScript, I'm debating use for ADV only, but doing so is a waste of effort as I just know about its capabilities as it seems in BuildBox (it's like ingame MCEdit python filters, except that CS filters are javascript and there are hardly any scripts).

I may add more commands to this list when I do find the need to. So far, I have not ran into any permission problems for "complex" commands (deform region rotation [region operation, not clipboard], brushes and masks, generation of shapes and predefined objects, stacking/copying, selection operations).