[Withdrawn] Uro's Apply for Op :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Account Name:

Do you have any Premium alternate accounts?

Age(note that we value maturity over actual age): 15 (Almost 16)

Timezone: UK

References: None, D:

Approx. time spent on BB: 1d 23h (As of 15/6/2014)

Previous staff experience: I have gotten on well with most of the Ops, particularly with SirComputer, Tamzies, iiDeathCookies.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills? What does this mean ? (Sorry I am thick)

What do you think the role entails? To Help the server run smoothly, and to sort out any issues with lower ranks.

Why do you want this position? Same as above, and also to help sort out Griefing issues (I am strongly against Griefing/Modifying other People's builds without permission)

Additional/final notes: I think It is important to have a fair number of Trusted Operators on Bb, so that most of the time there can be at least 1 Operator watching over the server, and to check everything is Ok.

I could also do with someone telling me what an Op should do in certain situations. e.g. What to do in different scenarios

Thankyou !
- Uro :-)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Uhm. I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to be posting here no matter what, but I believe this should go in the "Staff Applications" section. And I don't think polls on a staff app are the wisest move :L

• Agree
Reactions: Love

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Uhm. I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to be posting here no matter what, but I believe this should go in the "Staff Applications" section. And I don't think polls on a staff app are the wisest move :L
Everything that Endersteve has said is right, in fact I don't think polls are even allowed. Also, previous staffing experience is to do with times you've been an op on a server. Also, may I add this may need a bit of chunking up? As well, "I could also do with someone telling me what an Op should do in certain situations. e.g. What to do in different scenarios" is a bit oddly worded, suggesting you don't know what do when you're experiencing a spambot etc.

EDIT: Tnm posted while I did, some parts of this may be redundant now. Will post my verdict tommorow

• Agree
Reactions: BetaPanda

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
15 (Almost 16)
As far as I know, this is a lie - you had stated that you are in Year 8 of the UK school system earlier this year, implying an age of either 12 or 13. Please do not lie in your application.

Moving swiftly on, your application is very weak. You're going to need a lot more content in your application if you want us to have a better look at what you can bring to the table as a potential staff member.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Just stopping by to say that I've seen this application but I'd like to drop a few pointers before officially voting in a few days to give me time to really evaluate your in-game activity.

As Priz stated, your application is extremely weak. Only one sentence per question? That barely gives anyone a good sense of who you are or how you'll react to players if you become staff -- especially since you don't have a reference that we could look into.

The "Notable contributions/feats/skill" bit simply means what have you done for either the community or in you life? What have you done or built that you're proud of and could impress anyone? And what are you good at doing -- focus on yourself or in-game stuff.

As far as your age is concerned, lets just hope that you aren't giving us false information.

Also, I have seen you help other players out with improving their building skills, but I haven't seen you on often. So hopefully your activity will peak up this week.

I'll submit my vote in a few days. Good luck!

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Right, got my verdict here.
  • You've got an extremely weak application, as numerous staff members have said. Two or so lines simply don't cut it nowadays. It also looks a bit informal with those emoticons.
  • Lying about things in your application is a big no-no, even more when it even says we value maturity over age.
  • For some reason, I don't see you helping in terms of helping new players too much, even though you're in my timezone. However, Rex says you are helping players with their building skills. We can trust him, right?
For those reasons above, I'm unfortunately having to start this voting process with -1.

• Informative
Reactions: Notme

Tamzies

Reaction score
Okay, I find it very hard to make a verdict on this, mainly because I like you in the community of BB.I will also sum up some points rather than making a story.
  • Although you are a very nice guy, I do not think you have matured or know enough of the server to take on the commands of this server.
  • I hope for you that you did not lie in your application, since that is not showing maturity which I refer back to my first point. (Also the fact that you just asked References in ROF chat is not a good thing.)
  • Your application is bare and it almost looks like you think this is a joke.
  • I am right in your time zone only one hour out and I rarely see you typing. Chat is pretty important with helping and giving people advice on builder.
  • I know that being good at building is not a requirement, but I do think you can improve you building skills to a somewhat higher level.
  • I am really in doubt if you really want this badly, being Operator requires dedication and some time left in your schedule.
  • Also putting nothing in a Application part is not a good way to show your skills off, if you looked at previous applications you could have known what was supposed to be there.
(Why did you leave some lines blank? - Referring to account name)

Now some tops that I want to give you.
  • You are a very nice guy.
  • Speaking wise you are understandable and you use the right punctuation marks and capitals.
  • You were very patient with not getting builder in Buildbox 1.0 and I appreciated that.
  • You have already gone from a bad builder to a Semi-decent builder and I think you are on the right track.
This being said I am sorry to say that I will go with a -1.

Tamzies Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.