[withdrawn][Gaia] Digitalis' Leader Application

Digitalis

Reaction score
What family are you applying for?
Gaia

Why do you want to be a family leader?
Having experience as a Gaian leader previously, I feel I could put the clan on track to being a relevant force in the community. I'd love to work with the family and help provide an enjoyable experience and maintain prosperity and security, and I confidently believe I can do that. Noting the aforementioned leadership experience, I know what does and does not work in the given position. I'd hate to see the clan die out within weeks, similar to how it had previously ended up in the original Primordia.

What will you do to lead your family to prosperity?
The original Gaia fell flat due to a lack of initiative. With no more than some thought out plans and no motivation to execute, we saw little progress and a dwindling population. I plan to have a clear distribution of labor and am more than willing to dedicate much of my personal time to ensuring success. In addition, I hope to maintain a neutral or, preferably, positive relationship with our fellow clans so that we may prosper. I don't expect any of this to be easy, but I would not have submitted this application if I thought otherwise.

Are there any rules you want to implement within your family? How will you handle alliances and how will you deal with family members that violate the rules?
I intend for our clan to have a zero-tolerance policy on raiding. (Edit: To restate, an initial ban on raiding will take place while we begin building up the clan. After the ban is lifed, restrictions shall be placed to favor allied clans) Any gaians who participate in said raiding shall be punished based on situation and number of infractions. Punishments include: Denial of vault resources, exile from the capital, and banishment from the clan. More punishments shall be decided as the server lives on. Alliances will be closely monitored, and taken seriously. I do not believe in basing alliances on how individuals of the foreign clan act, but how the clan itself manages the situation.

Also, I was Time's person of the year 2006

Last edited:

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
While I like your understanding of previous failures and adaption based off of history, I feel the strict no raiding policy doesn't fit with the willingness to keep people motivated and playing. Some people enjoy PvP and raiding, and to take this away will either leave Gaia without solid fighters to defend or bored at some point. How would you respond to raiders who were to become bored or are not interested in joining due to lack of raiding?

Digitalis

Reaction score
While I like your understanding of previous failures and adaption based off of history, I feel the strict no raiding policy doesn't fit with the willingness to keep people motivated and playing. Some people enjoy PvP and raiding, and to take this away will either leave Gaia without solid fighters to defend or bored at some point. How would you respond to raiders who were to become bored or are not interested in joining due to lack of raiding?
Alright, I see what you're saying. Perhaps I'll rework that into a temporary policy. Making enemies day one is not something I want to do, so instead, it will be a one to two week ban, and afterwards will be limited based on our relationship with the raided clan. I personally enjoy a little raiding every now and again, but we do need proper precautions.