Wintoria

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
Name of map: Wintoria
Creator(s): Nova
Dimensions: 128x64x64
Round Time: 10 minutes
Diggable depth of the map: 3 blocks, disregarding the crevice.
Physics: Null
Which server did you build your map on?: Avant's Clockwork Terminal
Number of secrets: Secrets? Vilify!
.lvl file: http://www.mediafire.com/?o4vw8q2ubte4d1u
Description of map: Well it's...a winter themed map. The architecture is inspired by the Halo Forerunner technology. There's a building, some towers, an ice crevice, a bridge, some caves, a Hoth Wampa (butnotreally).
This map was hard to make, due to my laptop being damaged. It's over heating a lot, and it took many attempts in order to finish this. I won't be making maps until I can get a new device, which may take some time.
Screenshots of map:

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Description of map: Well it's...a winter themed map. The architecture is inspired by the Halo Forerunner technology. There's a building, some towers, an ice crevice, a bridge, some caves, a Hoth Wampa (butnotreally).
This map was hard to make, due to my laptop being damaged. It's over heating a lot, and it took many attempts in order to finish this. I won't be making maps until I can get a new device, which may take some time.
I always tend to enjoy your maps, so its saddening to see that you had such trouble just making a single map due to problems with a laptop. I should thank you and applaud you for such dedication (because I tend to give up whenever mine own laptop does that), and I really hope you do well in the time that your laptop remains broken, because we can't always get new ones whenever we want. Again, good luck with that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, When I first saw this map, honestly, I thought this was a fairly AMAZING TnT map (as I've never really seen very detailed TnT maps whenever I've visited the server). If you ever get the chance, I think if you balanced both sides across the ravine/bridge and tweak parts of the map, I hope you submit this for the TNT server, because I think that would be very awesome. (even though I don't play on that server!)

For zombies though, I'm glad the size is smaller than a 128*3, because due to such low server numbers recently (which is saddening), the map wouldn't really work as well as it would otherwise. It seems nicely balanced, and reminds me of either a Grand Cathedral initially, or narrows, which is always a good thing.
I do wonder how players actually, if they do fall, get out of the ravine as a whole, because if the walls become un-scalable through some means; whether by human/zombie influence, or the map construction in general, there should be some other means of climbing.
(of course, thats only from what I can see from the screenshots.)

The map probably will be accepted anyways.
Its a nice map. I like it. xP
What more is to say?

ReyvnNova

Reaction score
Pikmon2 It needs the players, so you should ;3

JKangaroo It's my own fault - I spilt water on it a couple of months ago and it's been decaying ever since x3 I will be saving every cent I get in order to get a new one, but as I said, it may take even 6 months.

I always wanted to make a TnT map, but my laziness never let me figure out how to do the whole portal thing, or if I even needed to do that. Still, it's a nice idea c:

As for the ravine, there are a couple of caves that can take you out, as well as op_water on each side of the ravine itself. It's meant to be a pit'o'death as it were, something to avoid by all accounts ;]

Thanks for the replies guys <3

• Love
Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
JKangaroo It's my own fault - I spilt water on it a couple of months ago and it's been decaying ever since x3
I think I know how you feel.
Dropped a slice of pizza toppings-first and some Ramen broth onto some of my computers circuits QUITE a few times whenever I've tried to clean and fix my laptops keyboard and other components.
It's still chugging along... but probably not for long. xP

...But I don't think I've learned my lesson quite yet with the food...
>.<

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Anyways, When I first saw this map, honestly, I thought this was a fairly AMAZING TnT map (as I've never really seen very detailed TnT maps whenever I've visited the server). If you ever get the chance, I think if you balanced both sides across the ravine/bridge and tweak parts of the map, I hope you submit this for the TNT server, because I think that would be very awesome. (even though I don't play on that server!)
YES. PLEASE.

ReyvnNova

Reaction score
...But I don't think I've learned my lesson quite yet

Hi-five! o/

YES. PLEASE.
If someone can really be bothered, then they can edit it for TnT if they so desire, seeming that it's a problem for me. It would only require a copy of the building on the other side or something.

• Winner
Reactions: JKangaroo