Willchill's (Barely) Amazing C++ Alerter! (Open-source)

Give this a rating between 1 and 5!

• Total voters

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
(This will probably be drowned out by all of those art threads, oh well! :])

Last Updated: 4 December, 2013
Hello to those few that actually came here!

This is program is an alarm clock-type thing that will alert you at a given time or count down to an event.

You are about to experience one of the shittiest programs in your life, though it (hopefully) may be of use!

I've recently been learning how to program in C++ and this is a project I made from scratch. It is all my own code (hoo-rah!).

This program will take input and outputs sounds and text. As previously said, I hope others find use in it.

You can change the alert noise by putting your desired alert sound in the same folder called "sound.wav".

Please note this is Windows-only. A Linux or Mac version could be done if requested.
Put your suggestions in the replies!

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Where did you learn how to program?
I learnt by reading an e-book over and over on the school bus (along with many videos on YouTube). It's taken me a few months (8 now?)
WINDOWS ONLY??? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.
Yeah, sorry.

I didn't make it for Mac since I have no way of (legally) testing it. With Linux I can at least run a Virtual Machine with Ubuntu installed.

A Mac version will come soon, possibly a month or so. I really have no clue how much work it will take. I could give you (along with others) a non-sound, non-flashing version, but that doesn't exactly alert anybody.

W

Wimali

i thought this was a program that would make a sound or something or a pop-up on your pc when you'd receive an alert on here, reading the title

this is pretty cool as well though xD