Wiki Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
We have a wiki? (I honestly had forgotten about it until now)
What purpose did it even serve? I sure as hell have never told anyone to go check out our wiki for information regarding any of our servers, since our subforums are generally way better updated.

tnm

Reaction score
Personally I think the wiki could be a great asset if it was properly maintained, well organised and looked good- the problem is, it currently isn't. If we can't do this I say remove it, but if we can it would definitely be worth keeping.

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Remove it if we can't write up an updated one. That's pretty much all I have to say - I will happily help out if we choose to keep it, but I wouldn't care too much if it was closed.

JtTorso

Reaction score
No one wants to maintain the wiki for prolonge amount of time. No one knows how to maintain the wiki. It is too big, is too difficult to navigate, all the information can already be found on the forums or through other more practical means, it's really a waste of resource at this point and I feel we've only kept it around because it has potential.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Yay repetitiveness but yes, I've had this discussion countless of times.
  • Not many use (or references it) any more.
  • Not many have a reason to use it any more.
And this is coming from someone who always used to use it. Now it seems like an extra responsibility that falls off because we sometimes forget to update it. The potential is there if we would remember and people would use it so our efforts wouldn't be going to waste but it would need a major clean-up... and perhaps an archive section? (That damn 'nostalgia' word but we got some good stuff in there!) I'd be interested in helping if the decision is to keep it.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I am for taking it down, due to reasons said above. However, please dont delete the pages, keep them somewhere so that if someone wants to start it up again one day, everything wont be gone.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
We may be able to leave it up and make it read-only somehow, or just remove all editors, and remove the link from the top bar but add a link to it in the archive section, given we have an archive section in the new forums, though I think it's a resource worth keeping around for nostalgic reasons - probably doesn't take up a whole lot of resources either.

Status
Not open for further replies.