Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Username: WiiGoGetter

Time spent on the server: Around 2 - 3 days of ontime

References (Adv+): iiDeathCookies, Thymos, and Natsubros

Screenshots/warps of creations: caves of the gorge /warp gorge pics http://imgur.com/a/KhF2r notes thoughtcarton built the home
badlands /warp badlands http://imgur.com/a/qLbtt notes 8bitchap suggested a couple things
arch canyon /warp arch_canyon http://imgur.com/a/pRyR6 notes N/A
Bridged /warp bay_bridge http://imgur.com/a/wgJHg notes I built the bridge , the insides of the white boat, directed the map and did a few of the cars
Beachfront /warp beachfront http://imgur.com/a/fL9Ek notes I did everything but the jubdonalds, the bus and the truck and a few small things

Signed: WiiGoGetter

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Some parts of the builds are too... flat for my liking. Just a slight, 1 block rise may do. However, a lot of your building itself makes up for it, though I'm a bit worried that you are applying with unfinished builds. For now, I'll have to say 0, leaning heavily towards a +1.
EDIT: Keep up your high level maturity though, it is definitely Adv Builder deserving.

• Haha
Reactions: Jubjubers

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Your terraforming is good but when comparing the Gorge, Badlands, and Arch Canyon maps-- they seem to be similar in terms of overall shape. It would be nice to see some sort of variation in terrain which you did a bit of in Arch Canyon. Although, it's great to see that you're utilizing the smooth brush for WE quite well.

I like how you built the new Bay Bridge in the Bridged map and I believe that you also made that larger freeway in the plot where the Gorge map is, right? Both of them look good, although I think that it would be nice if you did a bit of a cityscape around that larger freeway.

It seems like you want to focus on maps and I applaud you for that because they are sometimes hard to create. If I were you I would look for inspiration in the real world and apply bits and pieces into your map AND THEN take it up a notch with your imagination and add something that makes it look unique but applicable to the theme of your map.

As for your builds-- The Bay Bridge stands out, but I have seen the houses/villas/cars that you made (not the ones that you gave credit to someone else for) and I think that they are lacking in detail. Sometimes working on details in builds can be a pain, including interior work (trust me, making a map for AoD that was all interior based drove me insane). Although, some people may not notice the details that you worked on, but it is still worth the effort because it's not just some empty space but something that adds character to your build.

Good luck!

tl;dr -- Add character to terraforming and more details to your builds.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Sorry for being a little late. Anyway, you're a nice guy, mature enough for the rank, and your terraforming skills are great, and your bridge build impressed me the most. Definitely deserving of Adv, +1 from me.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ah, sorry. I've been pretty busy recently. I had this in my bookmarks ready, just slipped my mind. Once again, sorry!
On another note, I'd like to say you're a really nice guy, you're mature, and your builds are, in my opinion at least, Adv quality. Some parts do seem a little bland, however you can easily work on them with tips from other good builders, and get better with practice. c: Definitely a +1 from me.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I can tell, you're extremely mature and your builds are fairly good. Terrain could use work, but other than that, I'd be willing to go with +1.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
These builds are good but I find the terrain lacking. You're a mature user and I know that you will be able to take the feedback of the staff into mind when improving these builds. 0 for now.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
Going with a 0. Some of your builds are lacking detailing into them. You terraforming on Arch Canyon is my favorite. However, like I said, I feel your houses aren't up to the standard they should be. If we talk more in-game, I'll be sure to help you out!

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Bah, conflicted.

I think I'm going to go with a 0 as well, also leaning towards a +1. Great friendly, mature player as mentioned above and your builds are fairly good, I just don't think it's enough detail and character for AdvBuilder just yet. You've been given tips which I hope you'll take and improve. Good start just like to see a bit more.

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I'm going to try to get beachfront finshed as so far all the buildings outsides but the jubdonalds is being done by me.
EDIT: Im finishing redoing badlands when the server updates 1.7
EDIT: Added 8bitchap to my reference list

Collosal

Reaction score
I'm going to have to go with a 0. I think that your terraforming skills are good, but not quite advanced level yet. Also, on building/detail work on houses I feel you could have added more detail and a wider variety of block use. Beachfront is pretty good, in my opinion and I'd like to see if you are able to build more of that quality. I feel like you're still improving so I'm leaning towards a +1 but sticking with a 0 for now.

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
0, as others have said you meet the criteria, i just feel your builds are a little below adv standards at this moment. though i am leaning towards a +1

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
Going to go with a 0 for now, but it's heading to a +1.
Edit: I'm going to stick to a 0 still because of what I still see, I'm looking at hills that still slightly slant a little bit. I'd like to see less organization on terrains because nature doesn't put trees in one area, and keeps the rest barren (badlands) However I like your modern builds and think that they could have much more potential if there was a whole set. I must not be seeing it. I'm sorry but I'm still thinking of what else to say, so this is for now.

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Right-o, sorry for the late reply. Let's get this back on track!

After seeing your builds, I am fairly impressed. Your bridge is very nice and detailed, and you are very good at terraforming. You're staff on another server, so you can be trusted with the commands and responsibilities of adv. These are the main reasons why I gave you my reference. My only concern is that you told me that you had a small amount of help from other players when making these builds. In all, I'm going to give you a +1.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Right, my mind has changed. In all honesty, you just need a chance. If we give you VoxelSniper, the quality of your terraforming will definitely shoot up. You're mature enough to use it. I also know you can change your building with the tips given by my fellow ops at the same time. I'm giving you a +1 as my final decision. Perhaps we could put you on a trial like I was for op? Oh, and Nillbugwtw, should we delay the final response until 1.7, or what?

Edit: I'm reconsidered and promise this is final. Sorry about the sudden change in opinion, I've been a bit rubbish during this. The terraforming is good, and could be improved by VoxelSniper. However, I have found that your houses aren't up to scratch. It's only Builder-worthy. Some are also rectangular for no apparent reason, which some Players hoping to become Builders get criticised about, so that needs to be urgently changed. The houses also seem copy-pasted, nothing is edited inside or out bar the windows. Final decision, -0.5, improve your structures.

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
My plan was kind of ruined by 1.7 taking a while. As I planned to use stainded glass and the new plants for 2 of my builds. one of the, my redo of badlands only needs the 1.7 blocks to be finshed. I would like this to be put this on hold until 5 days after the server updates to 1.7. And yes I'm working on what the ops and Rex said.

Reactions: Zelz

8bitChap

Reaction score
Not even sure if I'm aloud to do this.... I'm going to be removing my reference solely on the fact that your maturity outweighed your building skills. I think you're all there with the right attitude but some of the builds lack detail and some of the terraforming lacks some sense of creativity. Badlands is too flat and the house lacks detail The terraforming is a bit messy. To me arch canyon terraforming is messy and the colours completely conflict with each other. There is no real spark to it and with the terraforming messy and no other builds except for a square undetailed bridge it's hard to really judge the whole picture. Gorge looks ok. I like the overpass but the road needs some more natural winds not a diagonal twist. I question your originality with the cobwebs but it is creative. The farm and fence is too uniform for a farm house by the motorway and the walls of it lack some detail and the trees could be self-made, as I say to anyone who uses saplings for building trees with. Bridged, I like some of the auto-mobiles featured within it but some really lack detail and could be built by anyone. The bridge it's self is nice. Some of the rooms in the ship also lack detail and proper decoration. If I was a operator and I was judging this it would be a 0 purely because I found faults in your building. If you were to be going for operator and I, again theoretically, would not hesitate to +1 you.

Furthermore, after some digging around on the forums a few facts reveal that you haven't actually made all the cars on bridged yourself. I'd like to express the fact that the ones revealed were of a significantly better standard of the ones you built. I'm not sure if there are any rules against co-op building with players for a adv.rank but in this situation I feel that these twist your arm on this. You built some OK auto-mobiles on bay-bridge but the best ones came from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.