Why is AoD so unstable?

Brando212

Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked before, i wasn't able to find any mention of it.

why is AoD so unstable? the lag on it seems to get really bad at times and almost every other time i try to get on, the server is just down completely

if the server tower needs improvements I'm sure a good chunk of the community would be willing to chip in :)

Writr

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the sheer number of plugins AoD requires causes it to be so unstable.

...well, that and it has to be coded in Java because of Minecraft. Java is incredibly inefficient and so that doesn't help the lag problem.

Reaction score
I don't see why AOD should have so many plugins. Last time I was able to check (Which was a while ago mind you), it didn't have that many.

If the shear amount of plugins IS the problem (It could be a plugin which leaking memory, or whatever) then I'd assume we'd only need these for the Bare Minimum:
  • Vault
  • Herochat
  • WorldGuard
  • Multiverse
  • AOD Plugin
  • Iconomy
  • Sign-Shops

Writr

Reaction score
Personally I feel like we don't even need the iConomy/sign shops plugins - it's perfectly easy enough to play the game without them. I'm not sure if that would help a great deal, but it might at least help reduce SOME of the lag/instability the server has right now.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sign shops plugin is going to be removed, if not already. most of the plugins are very neccesary to keep the server running and make everybody have a fun time. The iconomy makes a better gameplay i think, due that you now can buy swords, food and bow(+ alot of other stuff.) some maps dont have a ton of stuff, and if U get a bad start this improves your surviving chances.