When we last left off...

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Here's some stuff we had planned from after the server shut down. This is what I remember about the last information of planning given.
We discussed names, and a suggestion that was well liked was RoE, or Rise of Eos. We felt the name would've been appropriate because it was a 'sequel' to Army of Darkness, and Eos is the (Greek?) Goddess of the dawn.

Another suggestion that I liked was an alteration of currency. We wanted two currencies. The first, Brains, would be acquired just like the former currency, and be used to buy items in a shop (Possibly arrows, blocks, food, etc.) The other currency was tokens. If I remember correctly, we wanted to get one token per round survived or per 3 kills as hunter, but I'm probably wrong about that.

I feel like there was a lot more, so if any of the AoD staff who read the old suggestions and have a better sense of memory than me want to pitch in, that would be great.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So what would the tokens be used for?

And as for the name suggestion, why not just Rise of Dawn, if you want that? Don't really see the need to make names with obscure references to stuff not that many people care about.

Reactions: Fragile

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I used to be pretty involved in the AoD 2.0 planning in its early stages and I LOVED Rise of Eos.

And as for the name suggestion, why not just Rise of Dawn, if you want that? Don't really see the need to make names with obscure references to stuff not that many people care about.
*I forget why we wanted tokens but all I remember is that I really liked the idea

*Rise of Dawn sounds worse and honestly even less people would care about Dawn. Eos was a clever idea and it sounded really nice.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I used to be pretty involved in the AoD 2.0 planning in its early stages and I LOVED Rise of Eos.

*I forget why we wanted tokens but all I remember is that I really liked the idea

*Rise of Dawn sounds worse and honestly even less people would care about Dawn. Eos was a clever idea and it sounded really nice.
Eh, I suppose it's a matter of taste then. I personally think Rise of Dawn is a perfectly good name, if maybe a bit cheesy (but then again, so is Rise of Eos, so, yeah, a matter of taste, I guess).

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com

Forgot to mention the tokens would've been for ranking up. RoD /might/ be a better name, I actually suggested keeping the name AoD but changing what the words were (Attack of Dawn IIRC)

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I still have the document that RyanDodd created for AoD 2.0 as well as access to the AoD Staff Lounge. Looking at the document and AoD 2.0 currently, most of the things are either in the process of being made or are already in the server.

We had an idea about adding builder ranks like 'Architect' to the server.

Taken directly from the document:
To ensure that the quality of the maps and server builds in general are kept up to par, we will be adding a special Architect rank that people can be handpicked for. They must be extremely capable buliders. This rank will have access to referee or creative mode, WorldEdit, VoxelSniper, and limited parts of Multiverse. They have three main jobs:

• [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Event builds for the server[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Updating lobby and maps[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Making maps for new gamemodes[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

This seems more like a thing to add when the server becomes permanent in my opinion as I think that it would be better to start thinking about adding new maps when all/most of the bugs are fixed.

• Agree
Reactions: Fragile