What event would you like to see on build.

What even would you most like to see?

• A themed area or map for builder + (such as a city build or ocean build or some such thing)

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Competitions

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Other (Please describe below)

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Yuck

Reaction score
Id like to bring special events back to build. Theyve been successful and very fun in the past. Im hoping they can be again. Id like input on what youd like to see happen.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Some ideas I have and may want to see used:
1) A massive game of Spleef. Everyone gets 9 gold shovels, 3 layers of dirt, lava at bottom, game mode switched to survival.
2) Possible group build, where one group works on exterior, while other works in interior? Maybe a palace or mansion of sorts?

Personally, I haven't been around the CMP/Freebuild part of Blocktopia for too long, so I haven't experienced the events, but it sounds like something that I would want to do.

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
SPLEEF :D :D :D :D 1 Diamond Shovel only and Gamemode to survival :D Also make a big map (get one from planet minecraft) put it for one day, and make National Grief Day :D

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
A town for a Zombie apocalypse built by everyone for everyone hosted as a friday meeting!
I personally don't think that doing a community AoD map build would work, due to others not liking others creations etc, putting un-needed overpowered chests hidden in the map.. I think a nice get together on Buildbox with some kind of spleef wars with 9 layers would be cool, all getting progressively harder each time.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I personally don't think that doing a community AoD map build would work, due to others not liking others creations etc, putting un-needed overpowered chests hidden in the map.. I think a nice get together on Buildbox with some kind of spleef wars with 9 layers would be cool, all getting progressively harder each time.
Hunters =/= zombies.
Not at all suggesting an AoD map; Just a fun adventure map!

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted for themed maps, because I loved them back in the day (especially ocean build). But realistically, we could use those as a monthly or bi-monthly event (a new themed map for builder+ every 2 months would be awesome), as an ongoing type thing, rather than an event to celebrate and be proud of. I do agree that spleef could be a lot of fun. My first instinct was to set up a coord box (like the one around spawn) that forces people into survival mode, and make a pvp arena there or something. But, we can pvp on aod as well, and spleef would be something different.

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
These are just a few things I would love to see:

A themed competition, ex. your best castle, or the coolest thing you can make with redstone.

Someone who is really good at building something doing a in-game tutorial, like teaching people basic red stone, or basic sculpting or something like that.

Reactions: HarmakAnna

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
These are just a few things I would love to see:

A themed competition, ex. your best castle, or the coolest thing you can make with redstone.

Someone who is really good at building something doing a in-game tutorial, like teaching people basic red stone, or basic sculpting or something like that.
If we do this, then it's Rube Goldberg machine time!