What do you do at the start of a round?

T

TBDWFE1

This thread is to discuss what players do when they enter a new map, just so new players can get some ideas. For example, it could be that you get some resources, or that you look for a good hiding spot and then look for treasure around you. I'm sure everyone has their own style, so please post what YOU do! :)
Normally, if i start with a wooden sword or if i spawn with only a bow class i try to make a good stone sword by gathering blocks. Then i look for a good spot and maybe some treasure :)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Sorry, but I cannot share my secrets.

• Agree
Reactions: Lux

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Find secrets, cut trees, cut stone, sometimes cut iron, smelt/craft the things that I cut and then run around/mercilessly slaughter
Uhm.. what the hell do you use to cut iron? I think you mean mine it ;D

Guinessis

Reaction score
Charge for the 2nd or 3rd best stash. Everyone makes a beeline for the iron/diamonds and only one person will get them. Then I load up on food, make myself a few swiftness/strength potions, and hunker down in my favorite mini stronghold.

Reactions: 1 person

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Unless I truly understand the map (which I don't really for any of them, though I have a strategy worked out for 747), I just follow more experienced players and hope they lead me to goodness.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I...
Well, I suppose it could be called griefing.
BUT, HEY, THIS IS A ZOMBIE SERVER.
I take random things from around the place, such as cloth, pistons, flowers, leaves, the occasional useless gold bar/armor, etc. If I had the skill of Jammy001, I'd still die. Weirdly, I'm usually the last man standing/sneaking.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I see if I can obtain an ender pearl, some diamond, etc, and find a high up place that would require an ender pearl to reach, i use that, and camp up there, ensuring I move between chunks frequently.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
I go for the average chests. The once first zombie is chosen I go after him and kill him for extra supplies. I do this once then run because even in a 2 on 1 (you are the 1) you are bound to lose unless you are a juggernaut or jammy

Olix

Reaction score
Collect wood, food, and tools, then build up (or down!) to some normally unreachable place. After crouching in the best hiding spot available, I get selected as Dark Hunter. :banghead: