[Week 1]Blocktopia's Second Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Blocktopia's Buildbox's Second Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest
Week 1
You've got your costume, you've bought your overly priced candy, you've hung fake spiderwebs on your porch... but wait! You've forgotten to carve a pumpkin! Better get to it!
Welcome to the first week of our pumpkin carving contest! This week focuses on the creation of the pumpkin that will be carved next week. That means no carving - yet! The uncarved pumpkins will be judged in three categories: Design, Originality, and Carve-ability.​
The Rules:
  • Keep your pumpkin uncarved - the winner will be used for carving next week!
  • Working in teams is allowed.
  • Do not edit anyone elses pumpkin.
How To Start:
  • Join Buildbox
  • Type /mvtp pumpkinpatch
  • Type /plotme auto to receive an empty plot
  • Start building your pumpkin!
The Prize:
  • A Steam copy of Terraria, just in time for the 1.2 update! (Thanks to Thymos for donating)
  • The pleasure of knowing that your pumpkin is being used for the official carving! Stay tuned for a larger prize in the coming weeks....
--Week 1 building ends Sunday, October 20th at midnight GMT--
At this point, plots will be locked and judging will commence. The winner
of Week 1 will be announced on Monday and carving will commence.

Questions? Post here or send me a pm!

onfire37

Reaction score
Is there any size limit to the pumpkins? Nvm, saw the plot sizes. Also, I believe this is the 3rd (possibly 4th?) annual carving competition. :p

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
  • Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Rytheria

Reaction score
Hrm.. >: D

Edit: also, good point from faliara, can we enter if wwe don't have steam? I have issues on mine where I can't access it (although I am trying to resolve this)
You'll most likely be able to enter even without the use of Steam. However, if you win - it'd be common sense to send your prize to another close friend - as, if you don't/can't use Steam - we wouldn't want to let the game go to waste. ^.^

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

Edit: also, good point from faliara, can we enter if wwe don't have steam? I have issues on mine where I can't access it (although I am trying to resolve this)
You'll most likely be able to enter even without the use of Steam. However, if you win - it'd be common sense to send your prize to another close friend - as, if you don't/can't use Steam - we wouldn't want to let the game go to waste. ^.^
Pretty much this - if you win, I would of course suggest getting Steam, but if you can't/don't, the prize would go to the runner up whilst your pumpkin would still be declared the winner.

what if we have terraria already? can the prize go to the runner up and the winners pumpkin still be used?
Yes, if you have terraria already - I know many people do - you can choose to take the game to gift to someone else, or just let it go to the runner up.

• Informative
Reactions: Notme

Xfolo

Reaction score

Pretty much this - if you win, I would of course suggest getting Steam, but if you can't/don't, the prize would go to the runner up whilst your pumpkin would still be declared the winner.

what if we have terraria already? can the prize go to the runner up and the winners pumpkin still be used?
Yes, if you have terraria already - I know many people do - you can choose to take the game to gift to someone else, or just let it go to the runner up.
If we dont have steam, can we give it to someone else?

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

I suggested giving the game to someone else if you already had it because it would allow me to just give the gift copy to the winner via Steam, who could then gift it to someone else. You could, I suppose, though I'd prefer if the prize went to someone in the competition.

Faliara

Reaction score

I suggested giving the game to someone else if you already had it because it would allow me to just give the gift copy to the winner via Steam, who could then gift it to someone else. You could, I suppose, though I'd prefer if the prize went to someone in the competition.
How does one get Steam anyway?

(I'd prefer it if you'd answer TODAY.)

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score

Here comes steam support! :D