Villages

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Villages are a new feature in Dusk of Discordia. Think of them as past clan plugins, but now with more automation and more structure - not to mention, a whole lot more stable and with many more features.​
-----​
You will be able to buy a village for 1500 Topians. A Village will give you a clan tag in chat, your own chat, PVP protection from all within your village region and PVP protection from clan members, and and your own village bank.​
A village has a Mayor, typically the founding player (but leadership can be transferred) who will have their own rank with extra permissions and a special Diplomacy chat to talk with other Village mayors. Villages can be expanded by the mayor by paying extra money from the village bank per chunk, and thus can be very selectively done to fit your needs.​
Top villages will pop up in a periodic scoreboard function, and will be available to view in an in-game list. Work together with your village members to create the largest village in size and population, and the richest village. Good luck!​
-----​
Player Command List:​
/village - Shows information about the village you're in (Same as /village info [your village])
/village invite [player] - Invites a player to your Village
/village accept - Accept a recieved Village Invite
/village deny - Deny a recieved invite
/village create [name] - Creates a Village with the name you enter. Costs 1250 Topians.
/village leave - Leave whatever Village you're in (have to resign as mayor first)
/village list - Shows a list of known Villages
/village lookup [player] - Lookup a specifc player and what Village they're in (if any)
/village top - Shows the top 5 Villages based off wealth and resident count
/village message [message] - Sends a message to everyone in the Village

Mayor Command List:

/village mayor - Get basic information about Village (same as /village, but shows if you're mayor or not)
/village mayor close - Closes the Village! (no refunds, no items kept and no money saved!)
/village mayor expand - Expand the Village - Stand on the chunk you'd like to expand it on and expand it. Costs 750 Topians.
/village mayor kick [player] - Kick a player from the Village
/village mayor set description [description] - Set a new Description for the Village
/village mayor set mayor [mayor] - Resign from mayor and make a new player mayor.
/village mayor set name [name] - Rename your Village

All /village commands can also be shortened to /v, for example /v list.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Ok, thread cleaned up. This is about the Villages function, and not for PVP discussions.

Relevant posts that were moved can be found here http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/pvp-discussion-from-villages-thread.14009

Official statement about PVP discussion: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/announcement-regarding-smp-and-full-half-full-pvp.14003
I knew, that something was happening with this thread, when I was reading it ;)

Also my post here was concerning about this command: /village mayor expand
How many Topians will single chunk cost?
Edit: I love this village plugin... I think we never had it.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I have two questions about this: the one that raxo already posted (how many Topians a chunk will cost, when expanding) and how many chunks you'll get when you first purchase a village.

Other than those two questions, all looks nice and I think we'll be able to do just fine with that plugin.

storm886

Reaction score
Meh I would have liked to have had the ability to create a clan on the spot.... but I guess this is better than having to apply on the forums.

DrGemMiner

Reaction score
Can we still get a dedicated town sub forum? Easier to advertise and get a description of a given town...

Edit : Thanks Sephhh, what I meant is, because we can create villages without needing to apply, there's going to be a lot of unrecorded settlements out there if I have read correctly...

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Can we still get a dedicated town sub forum? Easier to advertise and get a description of a given town...

If you do notice, this thread is in a sub-forum called "Settlements". I believe it's the same as the one your referring to ;).

Anyway, speaking of villages, I might make my own together with people or just join one and help there.

Reactions: Henry

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Why are people disliking an informational post...?

Anyway, I hope it's like that SMP from 3 or 4 years ago, where I built Loc Lac. Those were the days.

There was a disagreement about PVP protection, which has since been moved to this thread: Click

If you wish to comment on PVP protections, I'd advise moving your thoughts to that thread.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score

Anyway, I hope it's like that SMP from 3 or 4 years ago, where I built Loc Lac. Those were the days.

There was a disagreement about PVP protection, which has since been moved to this thread: Click

If you wish to comment on PVP protections, I'd advise moving your thoughts to that thread.
I'd also advise anyone who's voted to dislike this post to go remove that rating. It's perfectly fine to not like something the admins do or implement. However, the post gets hidden with too many dislikes, and that's not okay. You have a place to talk about it, so please don't go hiding the main post due to dislikes. Keep in mind, new players will need the information in this thread.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I'd also advise anyone who's voted to dislike this post to go remove that rating. It's perfectly fine to not like something the admins do or implement. However, the post gets hidden with too many dislikes, and that's not okay. You have a place to talk about it, so please don't go hiding the main post due to dislikes. Keep in mind, new players will need the information in this thread.
Removed! (Forgot to do that :p)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

If its a problem Id rather see the head admins either remove the rating or do so that the posts are not hidden. Ratings are there to be used, and there is people of course that dislike the village system.

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score

If its a problem Id rather see the head admins either remove the rating or do so that the posts are not hidden. Ratings are there to be used, and there is people of course that dislike the village system.
True, but we do have the split-off thread for a reason!