Village Application: Whisper

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Village name: Whisper
Village theme: We are a small farming village that is set apart from the others by a grand midieval-type arch. The main part of the village is around the arch, with some small estates close by.
Village introduction:

It has been a week since I have started wandering through the Far Lands in escape of my old home, taken over by dictator-led empires. That is all that I know. Wander, find a home, watch it get taken over, wander, find a home, flee as it is destroyed, wander. But I have stumbled into something far more dangerous.

I am in the Far Lands, and the Far Lands means death.

I used up the last of my food supplies long ago. Thinking about this only reminds me of the pains in my stomach, and the dryness of my mouth. I reach for my canteen and take a sip, but nothing comes out.

But I can't rest, for the Far Lands are crawling with monsters. And the only thing I have to protect myself is a beaten-up stone sword. I continue stumbling through nowhere, losing consciousness more and more with every step. I get the sudden urge to just sit down on the arid ground and let time bury me in the dirt and grubs.

But I am snapped out of my trance by a noise. It is a quiet yet bloodcurdling noise, almost like a mutated grunt of a human. I look all around me, but there is nobody there. I exhale loudly and continue walking. Then a bright flash of white fills my eyes, with a clap of thunder following. I look behind me and see a zombie! It is ready to lunge at me, mouth ready to take a bite. But before I can scream, an arrow protrudes from it's forehead and the zombie goes down. I hear a few faint cheers coming from somewhere, and a man yelling "Sniped!" I stumble forward to see where it came from. I see the faint outline of a giant arch before my starvation and dehydration take over me and I collapse on the ground.

My eyes open up to see a bright blue sky and a figure looming over me. My nerves wake up next to the pleasing comfort of a warm, fluffy bed.
"Hello! Glad to see you are awake," the figure says. "Sure must've given you a fright last night, that zombie! Anyway, I am S_swimmer, and this is the village of Whisper. This village here is the only safe place in the Far Lands, so it was a stroke of luck that you chose this path! You will be safe here, for we are protected by an enchanted area. Come, let me give you a tour."

The approximate coordinates of the village center: x 252 z 1064
Members:
Settler
S_swimmer
Gonkus
Jellybean__
Ice_Spark
Nomad
56_Lonewolf_56
Gummibear72
Infected_Alien8
Pikmon2
AriochIsVengeance
Screenshots of your village:
Preferred tag: Whspr
Why your village should be official: We are a hard-working village and we will rise to great things in the future. We have learned from our previous experiences with the old SMP server, and we have rebuilt our friendly and fun clan in hope to be joined as an official village. We have been working hard for this, and I hope you appreciate it.
Thanks for reading!

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I have had the pleasure of visiting this settlement quite frequently. (Mostly because of Gonkus's misraids) I think it's certainly an interesting model, one I've never seen before. The cacti surrounding the perimeter reinforces the desert-esque quality Whisper has going for it, the arch stands as a monument to the conquering of the wilderness. I also rather enjoyed your application narrative. You also have a flag, which while a very small token, shows me that you're organized and take pride in your settlement.

I vote +1, and wish you the best of luck!

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
I had a look around the village, and there isn't that much done. However the arch/stairway is very impressive, and I can see you dedicated to this. I am going to put up a hesitant +1 for now, and hope that the rest of your work comes through. Can't wait to see it!

Alkatraz

Reaction score
In my honest opinion, Whisper should not be accepted as a village.

Why?
Well to start off, there is one, maybe two buildings which could be described as houses, and that is at a VERY long push.
The "village" is essentially a mob and crop farm surrounded by a cactus farm with a big arch in the middle. There are no houses, organisation, anything.
I'm sorry for being brutally honest, but that is just how I see this settlement. There is nothing which stands out to me for village material, with the possible exception of the arch. But the arch alone cannot justify a village.

As I'm sure you can guess, it's a -1 from me.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
S_swimmer It is hard for me to find the houses / see houses in the screenshots. Could you provide some more screenshots of the places where the players in your village live?
One is a bit hard to see, but it is a sandstone house that would be seen to the left of the temple if you looked at it from the village center. As for the other house, it is possible for it to be seen at night from right outside the cactus wall. It is in the extreme hills biome.

• Love
Reactions: Doxxieh

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree with Alkatraz. I have been there a few times and as Alka said I have only seen 2 maybe 3 very nice houses. The rest look like wooden/sandstone squares. (I don't mean to be mean or blunt but that is how I see it ( stealing Alka's words again)) if you were to Make those houses as least half as Nice as your Arch ( you did a great job on that) then I would be more then happy to give a +1. But for now I'm gonna have to with a -1 Sorry.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree with Alkatraz. I have been there a few times and as Alka said I have only seen 2 maybe 3 very nice houses. The rest look like wooden/sandstone squares. (I don't mean to be mean or blunt but that is how I see it ( stealing Alka's words again)) if you were to Make those houses as least half as Nice as your Arch ( you did a great job on that) then I would be more then happy to give a +1. But for now I'm gonna have to with a -1 Sorry.
Thank you for being honest guys, I happily welcome the truth, no matter how it sounds : D

• Love
Reactions: Super_Goku

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
One is a bit hard to see, but it is a sandstone house that would be seen to the left of the temple if you looked at it from the village center. As for the other house, it is possible for it to be seen at night from right outside the cactus wall. It is in the extreme hills biome.
Yep, I have seen those, and I like the one in the extreme hills biome. But since you have 9 members, where do they all live then?! Since I have only seen 2 houses.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_
D

DarkHender

I was not able to word what I thought about whisper but Alk described just about everything that was going on in my head. To me it looks like a campsite.
When I went to whisper I was actually disappointed not to find much except for the archway and the tunnel sorta thing.
It doesn't seem organized nor does it look like a village at this state. I do see potential in Whisper don't get me wrong though I think Whisper has applied way to early.
-1 from me for now, terribly sorry.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
If I may give a suggestion towards building the houses: there are different kinds of sandstone and those could make fine houses if you combine them with cobblestone/stone brick (not both on the Same house). Just a small suggestion from my side ;)

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
The arch, at first, reminded me of the shape of Primordia's family portals, felt a little bit of nostalgia there.
Anyways carrying on, I visited your town, and took a good look around. I tried to see if I can form a different opinion, but what Alka said holds true, just a farm with a fancy arch. I'd love to see improvement, with houses and all surrounding your village but until than, -1.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Despite the fact that you don't have many houses, I still see promise in this settlement, I have visited it many times and I like the layout with the farms, I find it a small friendly place to visit. Villages aren't supposed to be drastically big that is the whole point of having villages so I feel this would be perfectly fine for village status.

+1 best of luck to you!

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
It was a tough one, the screenshots didn't show much of the village so I went to check it out myself. I believe it's been focused quite organised in some places and not so much in others. Such as at the arch - there are quite a few chests just sprawled around in the ground near it. Also the farms could have a bit more work put into them as they are just plainly put on the floor with no or very little protecting near them. Also the only house I could really find near Whisper was the sandstone one which only had a crafting table and furnace inside of it; looking at the screenshots the houses are a bit far from the arch and portal. I do see some positives, such as the mine looks rather organised, the arch and flag shows though few small details that can make a big difference to the village.

For now I'm going with a -1 but I believe with some work and improvements this could be a really good village and could go quite far!

Status
Not open for further replies.