Video game bosses

Sploorky

Reaction score
A boss is always my favorite part of a video game. The fights can range from epic to heartbreaking, with the usual stunning music to boot! So, I'd like you to share your favorite bosses, what makes them awesome to you, and the like. My personal favorite:

Mom- The Binding of Isaac

Alright, after a couple of games of Isaac, you're finally pretty good at it. You reach the sixth floor, go into the boss room, and BOOM, Mom. Summoning monsters, swatting you with her hand, and trying to stomp on you. It's heart-racing, you need to be on your feet all the time, and by god the boss music is simply amazing.

Discuss!

Xfolo

Reaction score

Sure, the original was my fave video game... But this boss, the level... You dont get it. I truly fucking love it. Really. You dont understand. This was the last gameplay we will probably have of de blob, unless they create a third one.
It puts de blob to its real meaning.

Humor. Color. And Fun.

I love it. So hard.

Comrade black VS. De blob and pinky.

Digitalis

Reaction score
Found this to be one of the most memorable boss fights I've played. The music was intense, and the fight never gave you a chance for a break. You had to keep your focus all fight or else you'd lose pretty quick. The terrain destruction/effects that were added in specifically for this made it much more immersive and intense. Overall, this is probably the moment in Metroid Prime 2 that I'm always excited for.

eviltomb

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here.

but that's cheating. L4D2 doesn't really have bosses, but it does have tanks. So we were playing no mercy, we have already lost one of ours to the first tank punching him off the building. we ran out of molotovs and pipe bombs and the second tank was upon us. we spread ourselves out so that we wouldn't all be taken out if things went bad. and then things went bad. the tank incapped bill and I tried to draw it away so francis could pick him up, but I was so focused on dodging the tank i didn't see i was right between him and my team. it threw a rock and hit francis and incapped before he could get bill up. All i had was my auto shotgun and a adrenaline in yellow health. I was about to use the adrenaline, but the tank was to close. One punch and i was sent flying. I thought i was going to fall off the building but i landed on the ledge. I get up, use the adrenaline, and start running and gunning down the tank. I was doing well, but the adrenaline was about to ware off. So i stopped shooting, running to grab another gun when bill died, and he had pills. taking his shotgun and pills I starting shooting again, then i walked off a ledge. using the pills and having a tank standing at the top of the ladder and only way up. when the tank dies, I took the tank down far enough that francis could kill it with his magnum. quickly climbing the ladder i pick him up. he pops his pills, we make a break for the helicopter and ride of into the night. Glorious.

Tanks are always good fun to fight because they can go wrong in so many ways. coming back from the brink of failure gives the greatest feeling.

• Agree
Reactions: DaniGrenade

Amorix

Reaction score
Hm. Tough call.
I'll just list possible candidates.
(Note: Bosses in spoilers are in spoilers FOR A REASON.)
Ballos from Cave Story.
Not really because of the boss itself. As a boss, Ballos is extremely underwhelming. What makes Bally here so special is the shit you have to do to even GET to him.

Ganon from Ocarina of Time. (Yeah, SPOILER ALERT. Ganon is the final boss of a Zelda game.)
Not quite for the boss itself. I always have the Biggoron's Sword at this point, so the matter of damage dealing's a non issue.
It's mainly the premise. You beat a boss, tower collapse, plot seems wrapped up- SUDDENLYOUTOFNOWHEREBOSSFIGHT.

General Tor from Iji.
...I love this boss. I love the story throughout your steady journey to him, I love the moments leading up to him, I love the pre boss dialogue, I love the boss itself, I love the ending, I love the god-worthy final boss music... I just love it.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Oh boy, time to bring up some bosses people haven't brought up yet...

Conker's Bad Fur Day - The Great Mighty Poo

Yes... You litterally fight a great lard of mighty poo. He sings to you as you progress through the fight, and his weakness is toilet paper. It's like NintendoCapriSun, all wrapped in a little gift box!

Mother 3 - Second Claus Fight

This... Just urks my heart, every time I watch it... It makes me so sad.

Claus KOs everyone, except for his brother, Lucas, as he has the Franklin Badge, which reflects lightning based attacks. They go out in a 1v1 fight, but Lucas can't bring himself to kill his own brother, even to save the lives of his friends.

Later in the fight, Lucas and Claus are spoken to by their dead mother, Hinawa, to stop fighting. Claus gets his head straight, and brings himself back into control...

... In which he casts his lightning based attack on Lucas' Franklin Badge, to kill himself, and to prevent himself from killing his own brother...

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Yes... You litterally fight a great lard of mighty poo. He sings to you as you progress through the fight, and his weakness is toilet paper. It's like NintendoCapriSun, all wrapped in a little gift box!

[

Well crap, you beat me to it
:roflmao:

That song is just...
That song.

Reactions: Pikmon2 and Duffie

Pikmon2

Reaction score

[

Well crap, you beat me to it
:roflmao:

That song is just...
That song.
hur hur see what you did there

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
I'd say every single colossus in Shadow of the Colossus, but to pick one, I guess the real "boss" one is the last of the colossi. The protagonist Wander has visibly receded from a normal human, shown by the marks on his face, his pale skin, etc. He had just lost his only living companion in the whole land prior to this battle, and it's the only time the weather drastically changes; the rain and darkness really supports the whole mood. It may be a relatively simple fight, but the whole effort to reach the tallest standing colossus and to climb it is just as captivating as all of the rest are. Of course, the ending comes afterwards; needless to say, that's simply amazing as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Digitalis

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts (1 and 2): Sephiroth because they were hard.
Ace Combat 5: The SOLG not really the boss but the music is awesome.
The music for it