Contributor
Reaction score
Name of map: vertigo
Author: ClockworkMyr
Size: 144x144
Map boundary: Entire boxel
Kits:
Survivors:
- Runner - leather boots (feather falling 1), iron sword, lever (10), redstone torch (4), bread (6)
- Immunized - Splash Potion of Healing II (3), vine (8), ladder (8), stone sword, lever (8), redstone torch (4), melon slice (16), leather chestplate
- Ascender - iron boots (feather falling 1), lever (8), redstone torch (4), ladder (16), vine (20), steak (4), stone sword
- Witchcraft - brewing stand (2), nether wart (6), glass bottle (12), sugar (2), blaze powder (2), fermented spider eye (2), stone sword, bread (3), bow, arrow (6)
- Other Side - iron axe, cooked pork (3), flint & steel, fire charge (15), dispenser (3), lever (3), wooden pressure plate (3), redstone lamp (2), redstone (12)

Hunters:
- Comprachico - iron boots (feather falling 1), iron sword, iron pickaxe (unbreaking 1)
- Vulture - diamond boots (feather falling 1), stone sword, stone pickaxe, stone axe
- Tarantula - Spawn cave spider (2), iron axe
- Tempest - sand (32), iron pickaxe, iron shovel, stone sword
- Apparition - diamond pickaxe, diamond sword, shears, splash potion of swiftness II (2)
- Voodoo - potion of swiftness II (2), splash potion of slowness (2), gold sword, gold pickaxe, bottle o' enchanting (7), stone sword, bookshelf (15), enchantment table

Kits are random.
UPDATE MAR 14: Survivor kits have been buffed to make one-on-one encounters more survivable (lack of a better term) with hunters, particularly the Apparition class.

If enchantments can't be applied to classes, that's fine.

Screenshots:

Notes:

Tower extends to a full 256 blocks into the sky.

Survivors cannot place stone, stone brick, cobblestone, wooden planks, logs, wool, brick blocks, or iron blocks. They can't break the first 3 either at any time as well as glass and glass panes.

Hunters're the same as always.

Survival time is 12 minutes instead of 10 due to the size of the map.

Players might complain that the jump course around the top of the main building is impossible, but it's been tested extensively and is fully passable, albeit incredibly difficult. Gameplay will be accelerated as a result by way of Darwin principles.

Spawn point is 37, 8, -27

Download Link: /boxel ClockworkMyr

Reactions: chris360kss

Numberplay

Reaction score
I feel you could have took better shots because this map is just so immersive. But yeah I know it's hard to take a shot of the entire tower. I helped build the map and I want to see it in AoD.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel you could have took better shots because this map is just so immersive. But yeah I know it's hard to take a shot of the entire tower. I helped build the map and I want to see it in AoD.
Yeah, the only way I could've taken a full tower shot due to the world border would've been having the FOV on Quake Pro, and it looked terrible then. Sorry there aren't any shots that can really set the urban apocalypse mood, did the best I could.

Thanks for the feedback so far though. :)

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Huh?

This map is awesome, what's your problem?

In other news - Iguana add this, we need more good maps!
I was originally going to withdraw this map and submit it to the AoD map competition instead, but I changed my mind and I'm keeping it in current submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.