Unsound M's Designs / Sprites

TheMFreak

Reaction score
OH MY GOD YES.

What do you use to make sprites? I might start making some :3
Haha, MS Paint. I'm certified by adobe in Photoshop, but I think when it comes to sprites you need the simplest program you can get your hands on. Everything else just gets in its own way.

TheMFreak

Reaction score
Some early attempts at making tile sprites
A bit of an update for this! I made a concept title screen that would be at the start of the game!

The strange thing in the center is called a Jaunt Stone. Basically they are ancient relics left by a forgotten race, and your character accidentally absorbs some of that race's powers and can once again activate them. Once they are activated you can use them to teleport from one stone to another. Every major town will have one, so basically they are like the Fly HM from the Pokemon games, or those teleporters in Link's Awakening.

You can see how they would look in this update version of the town hall I posted before

Reactions: zezmi and Spencer75

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
A bit of an update for this! I made a concept title screen that would be at the start of the game!

The strange thing in the center is called a Jaunt Stone. Basically they are ancient relics left by a forgotten race, and your character accidentally absorbs some of that race's powers and can once again activate them. Once they are activated you can use them to teleport from one stone to another. Every major town will have one, so basically they are like the Fly HM from the Pokemon games, or those teleporters in Link's Awakening.

You can see how they would look in this update version of the town hall I posted before
Concept turns into a real game, total win.

TheMFreak

Reaction score
A good friend of mine is trying to start up a little filmmaking group with his friends, so I offered to make him an official looking logo for his group that he could put before the films and stuff to give it a more authentic and personalized look.

He came up with the name Underpass Productions, so I went with a sort of tunnel look and used geometry to create a sort of forced perspective while keeping all the lines very clean and parallel.

This is what came out of it

Haha when he asked why I offered to help out without asking for anything in return I said it was because I knew if I hadn't offered to make it somebody else would've, and they would've made something ghastly in MS Paint with flames and skull clipart and generic monotone gothic font.

Reactions: CaptainCake

TheMFreak

Reaction score
You know... If you were to make Jaunt into a real game, I could make some 8bit music for you.
Haha I've already had offers from around 4 different people to make music. The problem is, there is a large number of people more than happy to supply graphics and sounds and music, but nobody in their right mind would ever want to code it.