Unsound M's Designs / Sprites

TheMFreak

Reaction score
EDIT: Haha just to clear it up, although my name is TheMFreak here to correlated with my MC username, I'm usually Unsound M on the rest of the internet.

I always hate trying to figure out how to start these things. Anywho, I do a lot of simple design work, and I've been doing sprite-work for about 5 years now.

I'll start off with the sprites, and then maybe later I'll post some of my tshirt designs

A handful of assorted stuff

Fennekin from the recently announced Pokemon X and Y

Some early attempts at making tile sprites

And seeing as this is a MC forum, here is some of my custom tools, and a concept piece I did a while back of a Moss Golem

TheMFreak

Reaction score
I used to do something like this. It was Pokemon Splicing - you would cut up parts of Pokemon sprites then re-arrange them together, etc. The one thing is- they all sucked, and they are on my old PC. These are really cool though ^^
Oh man, I started out with splicing t00, but after a while I started doing things from scratch because splicing just wasn't very difficult, or fun. I had actually surpassed 100 different spliced Pokemon on another forum before I retired from it.

TheMFreak

Reaction score
Thanks haha. Sadly most of the MC stuff I did was for Mods I was working on. I'm always on the art side of the team, and while I held up my end every time, the coders would always bail out and leave the whole thing DOA.

TheMFreak

Reaction score
Meh, at the end of the day the sprite guy is almost always the lowest man on the totem pole, so when everything fell apart there wasn't much I could do.

EDIT: If anybody has any suggestions of things they'd like me to make I'm open to take them...
Haha, note I said "suggestions" and not "commissions".

TheMFreak

Reaction score
So friend of mine is trying to get together a little charity thing online where he is selling raffle tickets, and the people who buy them have a chance to win artwork created by him and some of his friends. Its for a local family that might loose their house.

It's still not 100%, but I'm hoping I can donate a signed and framed print of an original pixel-art design.

I only just started today, and I'd say it isn't even halfway done yet. I hope to add some generic RPG creatures to it like slimes, and probably a hero character at the top.

I figured I'd upload some of the individual steps I did because it gives more of an look on how I do these.

I'm really trying to make this one look as good as possible because it is for a good cause. So if you have any suggestions or critiques please post them! Every bit of feedback helps.

TheMFreak

Reaction score
Latest update on my little project

The characters will probably be edited a bit before I'm done, I just wanted to find a place for them and come up with their general designs.

Reactions: Spencer75 and Zelz