[Unofficial Poll] Which to keep?

If we had to shut down all Blocktopian Minecraft servers but two, which would you like to keep?

• A&T

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • TNT

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • AoD

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • RoF

Votes: 51 50.5%
  • BuildBox

Votes: 48 47.5%
  • SMP

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • Infection

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Solitude

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Curious, would it be possible to combine SMP and BB? 2 servers for the price of 1!
That would be doubly nice for me.

Incase you guys don't know, I used to play on a server called Freebuilddude before it shutdown. Freebuilddude had four worlds: Survival Over-world, Survival Nether, Survival End, and Creative (custom) Flatlands.
In the creative world, I had... built a few things based on Skyward Sword (which was the hyped Zelda game of the time) and in the survival world, I ran my own potion shop (which became surprisingly popular, considering it's size).
[Edit]: so much for the symmetry. +1 to BB and SMP!

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
I voted for AoD, but after thinking about it more, if we could keep two, BB and A&T would probably be best.

Why?
While I love AoD, A&T has PvP game modes. And if it could have TnT and Infection, possibly, as gamemodes (Like some people are saying), that would be great to. A&T has a lot of possibilities, and a lot of our current servers could be incorporated into it.

Last edited:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
To be honest, in my opinion, we should keep 3 servers, with one of them being Buildbox. Let's face it: Buildbox is more of a necessity than all of the other servers, because it is what supplies them with the maps that they need. Sure, we could just get rid of it and make players go on single player or create their own private server have to download WorldEdit, MCEdit, and all this other crap to make the map they want to make, and send it in, but Buildbox gets rid of all of that hassle. If we got rid of it, I guarantee you that the number of map submissions on servers will go down TREMENDOUSLY. In that sense, I think the "two servers we should keep" should be servers other than Buildbox, and have Buildbox stay there to keep the other 2 alive.

But that's just my opinion, of course~

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
We should probably keep 1 popular server for regular play, then have the second server switch modes every 3 months or so. Might be a lot of work, but would easily cash in on the rush of "omg new" every time the rush has died down. Aod for 3 months, then smp for 3 months, etc. Can hold votes for the next server, vetoing the last 2-3 that were chosen to ensure the majority of the community gets what it wants without a monopoly on 1.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
It's something we've done in the past, so it's definitely an option I'd like to look into. Prizyms and I have been discussing a few basic ideas of it, and it seems very feasible.
Curious, would it be possible to combine SMP and BB? 2 servers for the price of 1!
I would certainly hope its feasible, however there was a former attempt at this during a popular moment of a former smp and it caused the server to die twice as fast.

Then another server opened with pure emphasis of architect and had survival/creative flavors to it. That one died relatively quick as well and didn't really see the peak player count as high as others.

Curious what kind of implementation and iteration would survive long term.

Tamzies

Reaction score
I do not like the fact that I can't fly when I am building although I have creative. o.o I don't like SMP, I love my BB. SMP is too much Roleplay and Kill each other for me. I like to keep AOD, ROF and BB. That seems versatile enough. :[

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
All servers either have their own faults or are too basic. The question shouldn't be which server should stay but rather which servers should be there in the future. The difference is, those 'new servers' can either be completely now or remade older servers so that they are actually attractive enough to play on (for newer players too). I don't think that at this moment any server should stay in it's current form.

EDIT, EXTRA BIT: Only thinking about which servers should stay is kind of holding us back. Because talking about newer servers can bring up good ideas that would make for even better/uniquer servers than we have now.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Vat has a good point. We really should think about the potential that each of the servers have and what aspects weren't utilized or promoted to get each of those servers out there and advertised to the public.

RoF - I believe that RoF is the only lava survival server out there. There was initial advertisements for it, but it seems to have stopped. And since it's probably the only premium lava survival server out there on minecraft, then it should have been continuously promoted, even with the updates that it gets from time to time.

Buildbox - I've been to other creative servers and noticed that their plot sizes are considerably smaller compared to the larger plot sizes that Buildbox provides. Granted that I still see an issue concerning BB plots that was never fully discussed by the BB staff. The plot size and access to WorldEdit WITHOUT having to donate/vote to use them should have been advertised from the get-go.

AoD - I don't know much about this server to think of ways to promote it.

A&T - This server makes it easier for groups of players to start their own adventure or mini game instead of having to buy a spot from Realms or having to set up their own server.

Infection - From what I've played, I think that Infection has a good starting point, but I have seen other game modes that involved zombies and I think that Infection would be nice if it implemented other game modes based on shooting zombies/mobs down instead of having to rely on actual players to play the game.

TNT - I've seen other TNT game styles where you either had to make a TNT cannon to blow a wall, ship, or team base up. But what Blocktopia's Classic/Premium TNT had was that you actually got to mess with TNT and maybe a few weapons and players were able to keep it basic instead of making a fancy cannon.

Overall, I think Blocktopia has really great servers that are unique and have potential if they were given the proper attention that each server deserves, but I don't think that they were thoroughly advertised through the proper channels such as any Minecraft server list, PMC, and even Youtube.

D

DarkHender

I say A&T because that is where I see all the new players going