[Unfinished] Map Submission: obsidian darkhold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazerman121

Reaction score
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4674396/Minecraft/ObsidianDarkHold.dat

This is a KOTH map I made to be really difficult
I made it a perilous path to the Node which I hid inside the mountain on the island.
I have 2 cannons aimed at the Island in the center.

If you fall into the chasm you die from lava and if you climb to high you die from altitude.

screenshots uses a texture pack just Ignore it. Sorry

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
This doesn't seem to bad. But some improvements can be made. Maybe the spawn buildings could be elevated to the other team cant reach them, but otherwise it looks fine.

Lazerman121

Reaction score
Y'don't die in them. You simply get ported to spawn. They're out of bound zones. Just make sure they're not able to be reached by jumping and jumping alone.
The map Grantartica Is the map you die from altitude.

Lazerman121

Reaction score
The grass doesn't really go to well with the rest of the map. Could you change it to dirt?
The grass fits is a grassy meadow in the alps that a volcano has ripped apart

Map oughts big, but in the end the path to reach anything is quite small and will lead to a first-be-there wins match.
well not really that's why I put it in such a small cave. Its easy to eliminate the people on the node (KOTH point )
The cannons are there to prevent people from Puppy guarding the bridges It keeps people moving :)

Alkatraz

Reaction score
You left a lot of this map unfinished, which was really frustrating. We also added tunnels into the KOTH point to provide a slightly safer but longer route to the point.

Lava/Obsidian + Snow, just doesn't work for me. We've tried changing Obsidian to ice - as used on CTF-Grantarctica and Lava to water.

Marnixxie suggested making it a CP style map - as he felt that a KOTH map would not work particularly well. Unfortunately CP maps are temporarily on hold.
If you would like us to proceed with trying this map as a KOTH map, I'm happy to try that out, just drop me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.