UCON Snowball Fight Thread

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making an arena on the ground somewhere in the snow biome near spawn. If we really need an island in the sky, tell me.
Also, on the topic of special items, I was wondering if we could change the properties of things. In the Vechs map, Spellbound Caves, the properties of some signs were changed to create Zystonian Battle Signs with an enchanted glow. What if we could change the properties of items and blocks to make it look enchanted, like a building block (wool, for example) or an item that's non-enchantable (extra-painful enchanted snowballs!). Like, a special item could be an enchanted-looking piece of wool that you can place on any block without griefing. I don't know if that's too hard, that can only work in single player, or we would need a plugin, but if we are able to do that, please tell me.

power996

Reaction score
I will be happy to help build the arena as long as I don't need to supply the blocks

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Updates: • Silvuss placed under Buioding Wing and Planning Wing •Power996 placed under Building Wing •NogTrog, don't put me under Head Architect. That doesn't exist here, just messing with you :3

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
NogTrog, if you would let me, I would like to ask if you could refrain from using the design until I post an example of what an arena should look like. Thank you. By the way, I shouldn't be fired because the position shouldn't exist :3

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I have given up on building an example arena in my Single Player world. It's just too much for one person to handle. So, I will give you a description of what a typical arena should look like.

First, it should be EXTREMELY large. If you've ever seen the Whisper base or maybe CTY or Luck3rs base, that should be about 3/4 of an arena size. It should have 2 bases on opposite sides. In the bases, it should have chests containing immensely large amounts of snowballs. There should also be chests containing snow blocks, the ONLY blocks you are allowed to place in an arena without Special Item rule changes.

I'll tell you more later, adios!

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
And we're back!

1.3 is here with all of it's fun and cheer, and the time to end our commercial break has come! I am so glad to finally get the Team up and running again to make the Fights. Now that 1.3 is here and the map is fresh, we just need a few more members on the Team and then we can start the building of Blocktopia's 1st SMP Snowball Fight Arena! A few things to bring you up to date:
  • Team members: S_swimmer - Team Leader; NogTrog - Building Wing Captain; Silvuss - Building Wing, Planning Wing; Power996 - Building Wing; Shinyshark - TOF
  • New Wing added to the Team: TOF, or The Op Force
  • NogTrog has confirmed a theme for the 1st Arena
  • Defiant_Blob has offered to help supply the blocks to build the arena
  • I will possibly join UCON
  • Rosekill's option denied, the map was wiped :p
  • Still recruiting for the Team
  • Singups expected to be early September

And that's about it for now! Be sure to join the Team if you want to partake in this amazing and revolutionary project!

*S_swimmer signing off

• Dislike
Reactions: rosekill

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Updates:
  • Signups officially opens.... well, right now. Not too official :3
  • Arena expected to be finished in early September (I got a bit mixed up)
  • I joined UCON
  • Upon joining the Team, you must state what Wing/Wings you would like to enroll in. For information on that, check the previous posts on the thread

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Updates:

• Location for arena found
  • Location Wing destroyed
  • Rosekill added to Building Wing
  • Singups 0/24 slots filled
  • Current Team Roster:
TOF: 1/3 slots filled - Shinyshark; ________; ________ |:| Planning Wing: 1/3 slots filled - Silvuss; ________; ________ |:| Building Wing: 4/5 slots filled - [CAPTAIN] NogTrog; Power996; Rosekill; Silvuss; ________

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Small update:

Signups are still active. The official beginning of the Fight will begin on the release of minecraft 1.4 as we need the dyeable leather to verify teams. However, the building of the arena will still continue. 5th slot of the Building Wing is now an optional slot, you can join it, but we will start building without a fifth member.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
If you would like to have it happen earlier, you could join The Team and think of an alternative way to tell the two teams apart from each other. That's only if you would like it. If you want to take part in it, you can post here saying "I'm in" or something. If neither, do whatever you want.

Small update: since many people aren't so excited yet, we will post some - SOME - preview snapshots of our arena when finished.