TubaRiver's Trusted Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
In-Game Username: TubaRiver

Staff references(Op+): Biblius, Alkatraz (tentative)

Time spent on the server: 1 day, 18 hours, 23 minutes

Other server ranks (present and past):
current
AoD - Operator

previous
AoD - Trusted
SMP - Trusted

TeamSpeak: Yes

How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for:
Using the exact same response as i used for my Op application at the beginning of the server. Because it doesn't matter how low or high the rank is to me, the response applies for any and all leadership positions, in real life and internet.

The responsibility of becoming ANY staff for ANY community, can be considered the equivalent of becoming an officer of a large organization. (Business, School, or even Public related organizations)

You need to be a quick decision maker, with great accuracy in said decision. You must have some creativity, to shake things up when things become slow. Take charge over groups of people while keeping everything and everyone within said group organized, motivated, and in control.

Obviously with responsibility comes stress; whether you are doing a great job or not, you have to be able to separate the stress within your mind and your responsibilities as a leader.

And if you screw up, take ownership. No one is going to hold your hand through this. If you can at least admit you made the mistake, AND know how to fix it, while learning from it; you deserve at least some credit.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words:
I'm someone whose trying to make something of himself; In real life. Using the internet as an escape, tool to better myself, and semi-stress reliever (that last one doesn't really work.) I'm not kindest person, nor most intelligent. I am who i am; loyal, analytic, tenacious. Constantly challenging myself with new material (usually far more advanced than what one should start with) to better myself, and then complain about it afterwords for being so difficult. ;)
tl:dr
I'm a progressor.

Additional/Final Notes: I think i've said just about all i need to, and about all i can think of at the moment.

Signed - TubaRiver, Rio. (used my name cause it's already on the forums, so why not use it again?)

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. +1
You've helped me before, you have experience at premium staffing, you are a very friendly and smart guy, I have no problems with letting you on the Elysium staff team. Your attitude seems perfect for Elysium, and I can envision you in the position already.
Best of luck!

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
I have not seen you the server much, must be a timezone thing. But when you are, you are always helping in one way or another. +1

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
I haven't seen you that much, but you understand the rank of operator very well, and I remember you saved my math grade with your binomial help :). I would be glad to give you the +1

Alkatraz

Reaction score
My reference was tentative as I was being asked at about 1am in the morning!
However, I think TubaRiver is doing a good job, and showing the right qualities needed to be a productive and helpful staff member and therefore has my +1.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
Now that I have thought about it, I don't mind giving you a +1. You've been a great help answering question on the server and assisting others with their problems. Also, you've let staff know if there is a problem when none are online .

Good job!

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Seeing that Qube wants to have the final call on this application, I will take my chance voicing my opinion about you.

First off, of course a few staff members get stressed from time to time, wether it is due to responsibility or not. I prefer that every just helps each other out, simply to reduce the general stress for everyone. Last thing I want to see having a staff member or anyone getting a burnout from responsibility.

Which brings me to the holding hands part, of course if you screw up it is your responsibility. But I am a teamplayer and I hope to see everyone as one. Though I work with the moral "better be safe than sorry". If you did all your best, then I will be sure there to hold your hand to keep you out of troubles, what I hope everyone does.

Reading my own text above would make me think we are heading to anything negative on this application, which is actually untrue.

Starting from the point you became a Trusted on SMP Vanilla, you have impressed me as a Trusted being for how you acted up. It is actually /your/ "fault" that Trusteds are having these permissions right now. Because you have walked several times to players to help out and just to hawk it, and sometimes finally ended up with a "useless" result. Best thing is, you always kept being nice and it did not matter for you if there was a positive grief result or not, it was for you a matter that you have helped out someone in any way and that is exactly the point of a Trusted.

Just yet I was going to sit down and read your chattings, but I must say that I have stopped at some point because you have chatted around 2100 lines. Though you ask a lot yourself, but when you know the answer, you use it to help others. I really like that.

My opinion pretty much stops here, and I hope that you will find your way out on the server and in the staff team eventually.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
It is actually /your/ "fault" that Trusteds are having these permissions right now. Because you have walked several times to players to help out and just to hawk it, and sometimes finally ended up with a "useless" result.
I'm unsure on whether to say "I'm sorry" or "Thank you" to this. lol. Since i was a trusted at the time i knew that i needed to help others out, yet had very little permissions for travelling purposes. And because everyone has to go out 1000+ blocks away; honestly, I wanted to ignore some of them, because of the distance. Yet, seeing as how i have my own morals and could never forgive myself for another external selfish thought, i went ahead on my numerous travels to help out where i could. and then just complain about it in my head afterwords. ;)

Just yet I was going to sit down and read your chattings, but I must say that I have stopped at some point because you have chatted around 2100 lines. Though you ask a lot yourself, but when you know the answer, you use it to help others. I really like that.
Hmm, 2100 lines with not even 2 day's of server time. I think that's a new record for me? Hmm. Anyways, lol.
There are still some things to where i am clueless about; NPC locations, (now resolved thanks to the lovely forum thread about it) Progressing in quests when i am stuck, who trades what, where, for how much. etc etc. Sometimes people answer me and sometimes people don't. For that reason, if i know the answer, and can either quickly respond or know that no one else is going to bother replying; i take the initiative to reply to them because i know how annoying it is to not be helped. Also, my college professors constantly get on to me to ask questions. "Good Computer Scientists always asks questions" so it's become a sort of habit at times.

Lastly, thank you. I truly appreciate it when.... i guess the term would be "higher powers?" or something like that. :confused: Take the time to actually analyze what i do, whether it be pros or cons. Pros, just mean I'm a badass :cool: .....yeah no. lol, it means i've done something good that's at least worth mentioning. While the cons show where i can actually improve, and BECOME that badass :) lol Thanks again.

Q

Qube

While i do not know you as good as other people, i'v always enjoyed staffing with you on AoD, or just chat with you in general. From what i'v seen you have done a very good job with helping out and answering questions on Elysium, and just being a friendly person to talk with, and i see no problems handing you the powers of Trusted.

So congratulations, your application has been accepted and you are now a trusted of Elysium, remember to ask me or any other staff member if you have any problems or questions!

Reactions: Undefined User 7
Status
Not open for further replies.