Trusted Process Update

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
We have updated the trusted process. This means it is a bit different and in this case a tad bit harder to get trusted. You will NO LONGER instantly get trusted when you get 5 references and then apply. You will now have a period in which operators will vote on your application in a Google doc in the staff section. You must now get 7 votes for you this is including the 5 references. So in other words you need the 5 references and then 2 additional operators to vote for you to get trusted.
(adding in here if you get the 5 references and an additional VetOp to vote FOR your application then you only need a total of 6 votes)

However, on the other end of this, if an applicant gets 4 negative votes for their application then the app will be declined. (operators must still explain why in the google doc to be shared with the applicant, names excluded) Like the positive votes a Vetop vote counts as 2. So if you get 2 operator veto's and a vetop then your app will be denied.

Our operators must go into detail about why they referenced an applicant!

Applicants will be approved as soon as they receive the required operator votes.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention although I could be wrong.

'You will not have a period in which operators will vote on your application in a Google doc in the staff section. You must not get 7 votes for you this is including the 5 references.'
Are those not's supposed to be now's?
e.g.
You will now have a period in which operators will vote on your application in a Google doc in the staff section. You must now get 7 votes for you this is including the 5 references.

ethical1337

Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention although I could be wrong.

'You will not have a period in which operators will vote on your application in a Google doc in the staff section. You must not get 7 votes for you this is including the 5 references.'
Are those not's supposed to be now's?
e.g.
You will now have a period in which operators will vote on your application in a Google doc in the staff section. You must now get 7 votes for you this is including the 5 references.
Never type things out at 2 am.

Vatowski

Reaction score
So you need 5 op refrences and 2 vetop+ refrences?
No you only need 5 op references but 7 need to approve you're application by voting on it on a google doc. If you get a vetop reference along with the 5 op references you only need to get 6 people to approve you're application

i think

it's confusing

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
this is so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :S:S:S
basically he is saying if you get the 5 operator references and then you have to get 7 votes to be approved and operators get one vote and vetops get 2 from what I interpret it as.

So example; say I applied and had 5 operator references I now have to get 7 +1s in the google doc that ethical mentioned in his original post. If I do then I get approved for trusted but if I get 5 op references but I also get a VetOp then you still need the 5 but vetops can give 2 votes from what I am interepretting it as

• Optimistic
Reactions: Vatowski

RD4life

Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
I have been demoted recently and have passed the time needed to be able to re-apply. This used to mean that I need 7 references. Is this still the case and will the amount of votes needed for my application to pass chance in any way, shape or form?

ethical1337

Reaction score
This new process is a bit harder to get accepted so as of now Iwould say everyone starts from here. So far you guys have cleared the other questions. Thanks for the visual trap.

Edit: so Rd4 you only need to follow this pocess nothing more

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Wait, so if I have 2 references that are VetOP, so I then have 3xOP + 2xVetOP, I don't need any additional references? :O :S
This is weird... My opinion; waste of ... well, everything... (mostly internet)...
Why not just have a new rule: You need 7 references? Not some weird math equations like in my school...;
(((2x-3y^w)^-99)^3)/(t*30^y))^-3)=N+A
N=Number of references
A=Number of 'new additional' references

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Wait, so if I have 2 references that are VetOP, so I then have 3xOP + 2xVetOP, I don't need any additional references? :O :S
This is weird... My opinion; waste of ... well, everything... (mostly internet)...
Why not just have a new rule: You need 7 references? Not some weird math equations like in my school...;
(((2x-3y^w)^-99)^3)/(t*30^y))^-3)=N+A
N=Number of references
A=Number of 'new additional' references
No, the VetOp+ things, from what I understand, has nothing to do with references.
You will always need 5 references, whether it be Op, VetOp, or etc.

VetOp's+ only affect the trusted voting from what I understand.
You need 7 +1's on an Application.
You should get a guaranteed 5 +1's from your references.
Now you only need 2 +1's from Operators outside of your field of references.
VetOp's count as a vote of +2.

So VetOp's change isn't really about references...
Just the Voting form. (from what I am interpreting from both your post and the main)
(And it's not really a waste. It's just an extra hurdle one must pass to become trusted. It's to improve the quality of the server staff so that the server may become a better place due to more experienced staff)

Nice change, by the way.
It's not that confusing, either. Hopefully it works out!

ethical1337

Reaction score
No, the VetOp+ things, from what I understand, has nothing to do with references.
You will always need 5 references, whether it be Op, VetOp, or etc.

VetOp's+ only affect the trusted voting from what I understand.
You need 7 +1's on an Application.
You should get a guaranteed 5 +1's from your references.
Now you only need 2 +1's from Operators outside of your field of references.
VetOp's count as a vote of +2.

So VetOp's change isn't really about references...
Just the Voting form. (from what I am interpreting from both your post and the main)
(And it's not really a waste. It's just an extra hurdle one must pass to become trusted. It's to improve the quality of the server staff so that the server may become a better place due to more experienced staff)
Hitting the nail on the head here. Vetop's are not going to count as 2 references. Only change is in the voting. But since regular players aren't a part of that and don't influence vetop votes prior to it since this will be their private thoughts on an applicant, players don't need to worry about this. Just get your references and requirements and apply like before. It is now just a tad bit harder and you don't instantly get trusted.

You can always try to suck up to them which I have no doubt will happen, but our vetops know better. They will(should hint hint) be as brutally honest as possible when it comes to their voting, as well as our other operators.

• Winner
Reactions: 755someone755

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Wait, so we still get to make a post like in the old days?
You really should make an example of how this will look like...
The old days things stay the same, so we only add the 'additional reference/s' to the list? :S
if I understand this properly then what it is this: Applying will remain the same, there will now be a google docs form (i think) in which operators + will now vote. the voting may be done on the application thread (i don't know).

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Wait, so we still get to make a post like in the old days?
You really should make an example of how this will look like...
The old days things stay the same, so we only add the 'additional reference/s' to the list? :S
Okay, let's do this one more time.

This process does not change what you, the applicant, must do.
As the applicant, you must have:
  • +30 hours on the server
  • +1 month time spent on the sever
  • 5 Op+ references (this can be Op, VetOp, Controller, heck, even Director and each person will count as 1 reference. So you still need to ask 5 different Op+ and get an approval.)
Once you have all these lovely things, you apply:​
Post a new thread in the staff application section with the format and boom. You, as the applicant, are done.
Now it's the Op+ turn.
This is how your application will be decided:​
  • Your 5 references will comment in a google doc, hopefully giving you 5 +1s.
  • After your references have commented, you will need either:
+ 2 Operators to give you a +1
+ OR 1 VetOp to give you a +1​
For a combined total of +7, then it can be accepted.​
However if your application receives -4, then it will be denied.
You then receive feedback on your app on your application and find out if you receive Trusted or not.​

That is all!​

blackcat817

Reaction score
If you have already applied and been denied what is the amount of references you need does it go 5,7,9?

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
If you have already applied and been denied what is the amount of references you need does it go 5,7,9?
Rd4 already asked said question. (or at least, what I believe is along the lines of what your asking)
I have been demoted recently and have passed the time needed to be able to re-apply. This used to mean that I need 7 references. Is this still the case and will the amount of votes needed for my application to pass chance in any way, shape or form?
And Ethical answered.
Edit: so Rd4 you only need to follow this pocess nothing more
So I would assume--- You would just need the 5 references. ._.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe if you have been denied on your application, after the alotted wait time, you would still only need the 5 references to make a new application.

It only goes up to 7 references after one has been either demoted, or they have resigned.

Reason behind this being; if an application has been denied, current staff may think that you are not ready, or suited to fit the position at that present time.

If one is demoted, it is most likely for a reason that is not very good. Therefore, 7 references is a mix of a punishment and a reassurance that you have changed.

For a resignation, it is most likely because of personal reasons, but more often than not, a lack of interest. The 7 references there will prove that they are dedicated to go for it once again.

Though terms may change, this is how I see them at the present time.